Xbox Patch (30.01.2020) - January Patch: General, Exploit, UI, NPC and more fixes

@Letterzero sorry, unfortunately they don’t hire volunteers. You can get a job as programmer if you take it serious, but it’s unlikely to be on Conan Exiles for these specific issues.

@RejectedReptar you should make a seperate thread for the issue. This one’s for update-specific issues.

@YodaGD PC and console issues can differ, that’s nothing special.
And, they can’t fix everything at once, they have to set priorities. They then have to go through a process of testing etc. before implementing a fix.
Also, bugs can simply re-appear after they’ve been fixed, which is an issue with games in general. Large, open-world survival games have a lot of bugs, sadly.
Then there is console limitations. Being on par with PC performance is not the most feasible of things.
The issues are valid complaints and more than welcome. Replying to their related post in more detail is also helpful :wink:

Purchased the Y2 DLC bundle today. All of it installs properly and functions in game except the Derketo pack. No matter how many times I reinstall it, it will not actually install.

Is this a bug? Does anyone else have this issue?

#spellchekker :joy:

Also +1 on the tabs for crafting menu.
Should make it 4 tabs. Tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, and other or some other name that has the bedrolls, torches, and other items in it.

1 Like

The Night- eye is NOT fixed…

Hopefully the undermesh at tyros passage is finally fixed, any idea what happens to people already built undermesh?

Known issues

Hey everybody,

We’re currently aware of an issue happening after using the map room or teleporting causing rubberbanding for a few seconds. We’re working on a fix which we’ll release as a part of an upcoming hotfix.
We’re also aware of an inconsistent problem with corpses killing players stating a “fall from the world” death. It is also being looked into.
Both are part of a few of the most aggressive exploit fixes we’ve released with this patch which we’ll try to fine-tune and perfect with the next hotfix.(1)

1 Like

Game is unplayable paid for the game and bought DLC but is constant crashing. Constant stuttering. Seems worse since update. Just wasted 2 hours trying to get it to work. Is it time to give up on this game?

2 Likes

Does this fix when I switch my thrall to a truchen and she won’t fight, or when she has a weapon and watch’s me fight and stand there and do nothing?

Sacrificing hearts at Hanumans Grotto isn’t working. And died 2 times randomly, after respawn reason was falling through the world…

2 Likes

um?? i play official server 2947 and this patch has broken the sandstorm. we are taking no damage, its graphics are broken. just letting you guys know.

Console crashes still continue. Everytime there’s a patch seems me and my friends have to completely start over in a new server. It has happen twice in official server 2733 and now 2506. We can log in but within 3 seconds the game crashes. Funcom we are tired of putting in so much time and effort in this game just to lose everything to a bug. It’s a shame even disconnects internet when the game crashes.

2 Likes

They could show more love to the console community though. Seems every company with a cross platform game only gives their full attention to the PC community. While the console community has to make due and wait for empty promises to never come true. Developers then ponder why the games popularity diminishes. The answer is simple the world doesn’t revolve around PC if you go back to the roots of gaming it all started on console so love the console more than you do.

1 Like

@Finleo interesting one. I did see a change to one of the assets for it, but I’m not sure it should’ve affected the mechanic itself. Do you have any mods installed which affect the feature? You should make a seperate thread on these bug subforums, as it hasn’t been reported yet. See also this reply (if you’re trying to give multiple sacrifices):

See my earlier comment about known issues. The one you’re refering to also concerns rock debris, but I prefer to quote the developers.

@Pecus210 The game shouldn’t influence your internet, but it’s possible it couldn’t take the server load.
Your internet and location can influence your connection with the server though. Make sure your drivers are up-to-date and that along with a good internet connection, you’re not too far from the server you’re trying to play on.
I assume you have reported these issues through “Official servers”, listed on this wiki page:
Useful links - Official Conan Exiles Wiki. If you haven’t, be aware that it is currently weekend, almost noone from Funcom or G-portal is in office (EU law). It will be looked at after the weekend asap. I hope your issue gets fixed soon.

(Just fyi, if you get a ‘disconnected’ or ‘failed to connect’ error, it means that your connection or that of the server isn’t sufficient, not that you’ve been disconnected from the internet.)

Sure. I’m not saying they shouldn’t.

I’m not an expert, but the market has shifted to PC naturally, seeing it showed potential (and knowing that staying behind in the market is not an option). In the last decade, current gen consoles have become more and more popular.

Funcom started with consoles 26 years ago and then went on to develop for PC. They haven’t so much developed for current gen consoles, they’ll need more internal experience with them. This is, as far as I know, their second internally developed on all platforms and the first to be simultaneously updated. You can find most, if not all games they developed here:

There’s several reasons that this game hasn’t got the best performance in general, excluding the bugs. You’ll find plenty of bugs in large open-world survival games.

Sorry, no offense to you or consoles, if anything came across as rude.
Your comment seems to get personal here, which usually doesn’t result in a civil discussion.
Try to keep it cool. If you think someone has a personal issue with you, take some fresh air outside and flag the post by clicking the *** More button and then :white_flag: Flag post button. You also don’t have to reply to anyone if you don’t want to.
(https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-community-guidelines-please-read/54375 and FAQ: If You See a Problem, Flag It)

Night-eye has NEVER, ever worked correctly on the Xbox. Not since it was introduced, and I’ve lost track of the number of “we are aware, it’ll be fixed in the next patch” responses Funcom has given to this.

I think it’s safe to say we should just accept that this is something, for whatever reason, they just cannot fix or get to work correctly. No idea if it’s related to an underlying issue with the version of the U4 engine that they’re using, or what. But they’ve attempted to fix this multiple times, and it’s been a swing and a miss every single time.

1 Like

Witcher 3 does night vision perfectly fine but safe to say just use a torch😂

You can’t fix it still getting invisible enemies and random crashes I ended up dieing after the last one and spawned in the desert so it’s goodbye from me another £100+ wasted on trash

2 Likes

I am seeing the same thing. I am holding my breath till you fix it. (Face turns blue)

2 Likes

Just uninstalled mine

1 Like

Not using any mods. I quess the problem was several hearts In my inventory.
Now the problem is that when trying to go Hanumas grotto, I died on the entrance of the cave because falling through the world. Same thing when trying to go under the Black galleon and trying to enter Xalthar’s Refuge.

My thralls are still not fighting half the time, they never fight with a trunchen when im tring to get new thralls, please fix so we can switch thralls weapons with no issue, what thrall and pet a.i was fix cause thralls a.i is still not fixed

2 Likes