Yet Again...BOOM

So you wish for Funcom to balance raiding materials and/or harvesting rates and/or decay timers because there is a group of dedicated players that have more time to invest in a game then you?

A couple questions:

1. How on earth is that fair to punish those that can invest more time in the game?

2. Have you thought about if you counter raid a large alpha clan base, while being outnumbered, now with your proposed decay timer on dragon powder, increased weight of explosives, reduced damage of explosives (resulting in you needing ti invest even MORE time to raid)? You just tripled YOUR work load to attack anyone without even realizing it.

Seems that you are just upset that a larger clan with resources attacked you and won. Yeah losing blows, welcome to pvp, weve all been there at some point in time. Yes, larger clans have an advantage. Yes those that invest more time into a game have an advantage. Do they need to be punished for that because someone cant invest the time they can? No.

2 Likes

Cheaters also have an advantage.

Nope… I agree.

Nothing better than clan of 10 Nolifers sitting for days in the game.
Funcom need up solos and small tribes and set penality for large clans that spoil all servers.

*Reduce the width of the team to 5 for example because currently this unplayable.

*For Nolifers who spend their life in game and exceed 12 hours/day add 1 unbuff (Fatigue) -2 for all stats (for example).

*Restore bubbles as they were before with the cost of summoning which increases with the number of players in the clan

500 for solo
600 for 2
700 for 3
800 for 4
and 1000 for 5 clan members.

Lock amount of max zeal in the temple to number of players in the clan (anti dupe).

*Hand over Vault’s hp as it was in 2018, limiting the number of vault to 3 per account.

People who play since Early Access remember that before it was easier to survive and even the beginner could resist quite a long time on the server.

1 Like

Heres an idea- a no build bubble around brimstone lake.

This bubble already exists around Sep

2 Likes

Explosive decay is interesting - but then ill stick it in my fridge so the timer stops.

That is why they need to return the fridges to what they were when game launched, a slow down decay mechanic, not a cryogenic freezer. IT used to add “only” 10x the decay time, not hard freeze the timer permanently while in it. 10 x is a lot of time for most stuff with decay…and make certain items non-storable in them. Freezers should be for food and drinks, not people…that entirely makes them out of context in the universe of this game.

3 Likes

It is fair if you want more paying customers (DLC’s). It is not like they make money per player hour, so how long you play should not be overly rewarded as a business decision. If i was running a business, I would want more thru traffic. In restaurants it is called squatting when a large group sits at a table for 2 hours, and tips for the meal only, not realizing the lost potential tips the waiter/waitress lost. The quicker they get you off the table, the quicker they can have a new group, thus the waitress can make more in potential tips. The officials should be same the way…not encourage and overly reward players for being logged in for 10 hours. I would rather have 5 players play 2 hours, than 1 player play 10 hours.

2 Likes

Not really, as a solo could craft and use, vs alphas with 10 people craft and stash.

I use all kind of materials… And i am not greedy… i just found the best way of gathering everything to maximize my time efficiency…
And trust me , in many ways the game economy should be harder for certain materials (star metal, obsidian composite and a plethra more). It is nothing hard in a pve enviroment to gather 17k iron and 4k brimstone in one run… Neither is hard to obtain over 200 demon blood per kill … there is no difficulty in obtaining a ton of dragonpowder really fast (especially if in a clan more than one do that, u can cycle the numbers i gave u every 20 mins )… I will not say anything about stone…

1 Like

Cheaters do have and advantage, but that’s not the topic here. We all know you dislike alphas because you believe the extreme majority are cheaters.

Sorry, but running a restaurant and gaming just cant be compared here. Your example is correct though, on how to make money the best, I agree.

But in a game that has “build, survive, dominate” as its slogan, that’s what you do. Again, why penalize those that can invest time to play games? If Funcom was only about the money and nothing else, why not wipe servers on a monthly basis then? Fresh start all the time. Then, limit clans to 5, limit vaults per clan to 1, limit dragonpowder to 1k, reduce damage and all that other stuff. Heck, why not just limit the time frame that you can farm?

Do you think people will play and support a game where there are so many restrictions on? I know I would be out the door very fast. Conan was built on the freedom to do whatever we like in game, to rule all, or to crumble to others. If you get wiped out, rebuild and try again, move servers etc…there are options. Limiting game access, features or anything because you cant play as much as the next guy, is a pi-ss poor bandaid fix to an issue that isn’t there.

Also, if a solo player knows how to play the game, you can farm as much as a 10 man clan that doesn’t. Its all about efficiency.

how to not answer directly @WhatMightHaveBeen ighthavebeen
you use stones, bricks, hard bricks, black ice, iron, iron reinf, steel, steel reinf, star metal or even corn dogs?
what is your main currency line for trade?

I never said restirictions…that is your list and gigantic jump. I am sayijng that by making farming mean something, it allows those with a lot of time to be rewarded, at the same time not give them a near insurmountable resource advantage to new players.

And, running a game business and a restaurant are the same. It is about making money. The example is to show how thru traffic is the best chance at making money. Any business needs as many new customers as old ones. If one was allowed to sit int he same theater seat for multiple showings, without having to ever pay again, then Avengers would have made half the money it did. Reality of retail and any business, is new money is better than current customers. Just a fact. Why cable companies give sign up discounts, why any business advertises really. They aren’t trying to convince the people who have the item, they are trying to get someone new to buy.

for me, as a gamer, i get tired of the same old faces, all dayers jumping from server to server, knowing that casual competitive gamers are thinning, thus they can just destroy the entire social aspect of the game. When they are done, are they going to stay around and pay funcom so they can add new stuff???

You still are not getting it…economy is how items are valued against one another. I am not talking about a trade system, or evn a monetary system. For some items, rarity is what makes it valuable. Then what it is used for multiplies that. Thus, on most servers, brimstone is considered most valuable item. It is rare (for CE at least, not really hard to mass farm) because it spawns in a select few spaces. star metal has rarer spawns. But what makes Brimstone more valuable is that it is used for building, blowing up buildings, and then even farming and crafting the other rare material, star metal (which is not needed, as legendary weapons and tools surpass it). Thus, why it is the first tactic when trolling/fighting. Secure/remove the spawns of brimstone. What cheapens it, and thus every other item in a domino effect, is the fact one can harvest enough to survive easily against the PVE environment, and end if gone unchecked on a server, can cause ruckus on pvp with one single full run of lake and caves.

I asked the toxic alpha clan why continue to wipe bases on the server. I was told because we have bases and they want the server to be empty! I told them doing so will more than like cause players to leave the game and that is not good. They responded…so what !!!

Good job Funcom for destroying your own servers…and player base

You’re confused. Nothing in my posts said that.

You haven’t experienced clans that cross multiple servers, as they threaten they’ll hunt us down across those servers. So, move to a private server because Officials are already dominated. Hmm?

I doubt any decay on explosives will help.

It’s all about easy targets, over and over.

Yep. :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Seriously all kind of resources, except khari steel and armour scraps ( i do not like the khari armours- and i find extremelly boring the warmakers dungeon)…
The thing i have the most is star metal as i love wandering in the frozen biome… But seriously, all stuff r really easy to gather at the state i am in…
All except corn dogs… If u got a way to collect it, let me know…

Ive read your posts on multiple threads about alphas and you always add the words “cheating” or “exploiting” when describing alphas. Do some? Yes. Do they all? No.

And while I haven’t hunted nor been hunted down across servers…that’s because we didn’t lose nor quit a fight we were in. You don’t need to believe that if you don’t want to, but you should be extremely thankful you weren’t playing in EA in the early days vs the Chinese, and the exploits they used at that time. Ever wake up EVERY DAY in the stone age, with nothing inside your base? One or twice, meh, do that for 3 months in a row. Non stop, every day. Know how we won? We beat them at their own game, we outfarmed, and outlasted them. The day they left on the server you wouldn’t believe the relief that was felt across the server. To this day, we still have people that thank us for what we did on that server. Anyone can be beat if you have the will to. If you don’t like getting beat down day after day, trying to repeat the same thing over and over again, change it up.

Yeah, because I don’t want restrictions. The game does not need to punish those that invest time.

And again, I think your comparison is off. Youre pinning a game that we bought and paid for vs buying a ticket to see a movie, or a meal. Why don’t you compare buying and playing Conan to buying and watching the Avengers on dvd? You can then watch it over and over, same as when you buy a game, you play it over and over if you like. In both cases, the owner has made their money, and you get your reward. Going to the movies to watch a movie and staying longer to watch it multiple times, is like buying a game and expecting a sequal for free (or dlc).

Nemisis

7m

“Yeah, because I don’t want restrictions. The game does not need to punish those that invest time.”

But it is, according to your qoute above, just fine to punish players that are casual and small clans that can not invest in 100 hours a week of gameplay and babysitting bases. Seriously, these so called toxic alpha clans are made up if trashy people that play all day, making a supply of UNLIMITED explosives, just to ruin others gameplay and run them from the game.
These really do not care…and that is the fact.

Funcom made a game that allows the biggest clan to make the most explosives… unlimited. Stupid mistake and has caused many players to leave. Same for pvp-c and the great foundation walls blocking large areas of the map which are made by yet again more toxic players. Fix your darn game. Don’t just give us a new dlc to buy with the same core problems…game over