2.4 PvP Changes Makes the game less fluid and less enjoyable

This update once again feels like they were searching for the easiest fix for a problem. Taking away unwield is NOT a fix. It was never a problem in the first place. So many others explained it before.

Also, you will never ever be able again to get away if you get chased by multiple people even though you might have killed them before because of pvpers get forced to play with role play animations. Just put the healing you took down from ambrosia onto the combination between setfeast(or some other kind of food) and herbal tea. In real fights there is no time to heal with an animation that long and now it’s the only thing healing you.

1 Like

One of JJDancers previous comments was made hidden?? Srsly??

1 Like

I will allow myself to link this post here because I think it is very relevant even though it is written from PvE perspective:

2 Likes

@Chaoruk Yes, it is possible, the shield (holding Q to block) was fixed but the rope not yet. It is not the same animation cancelling as before, you can’t double tap the rope, you will have to have it permanently equipped.

Kind of, you need to get the timing right otherwise you will perform the 2nd hit of a combo. Of course, the timing can be always perfect with a macro :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have better suggestion:

100%true

Did I miss something here?
When could someone heal in the middle of a fight?

Before 2.4

1 Like

Agree with him 100%

I agree 100% on this and my whole clan actually quit the game for now because of this overdone change.

2 Likes

Amen to that!

All true, the lack of movement and healing makes pvp a joke and lowers the skill ceiling to the ground, the ability to take on multiple opponents with skill should be something every game has, this game had that before healing was changed.

2 Likes

@No_macro_RIP @boggyD could you please try to be civil, we don’t want to have our thread locked because of this kind of crap.

1 Like

Totally agree 100%. This new patch is just gamebreaking for the PvP section of conan.

3 Likes

Feels like a twitter thread in here with a bunch of empty “I agrees”.

3 Likes

“Whenever you come against a player that’s more experienced than you, you’re at severe disadvantage. Because they know how to abuse the system” - Funcom

That’s how life works, you get beaten in anything by people that are more experienced than you. Animation cancel isnt abuse of system, it was core pvp mechanic for years, more like a perk that gave little more depth to combat.
You killed pvp with this patch.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t call it empty if it’s true.

I don’t know how toxic or not the meta is in PvP since I only PvP in a pretty controlled environment… but you can use similar skillsets based on canceling to great effect in PvE, weaving through and between boss attacks or in and out of range just teetering on the edge of where you’re able to hit them and get back to safety.

That kind of style is very difficult now, even if you have a roll and grit-focused build. The fine-tuning toward precision and responsive combat is gone for a lot of weapons. The weapons that the ‘nerf’ was meant for were barely nerfed, and apparently the glitch still exists.

I’ve found pretty much all of that applicable to PvP as well, so I get what people are saying when they say PvP won’t be as fun, because the boss fights are definitely less enjoyable now and I’ll probably find it more unpleasant as I try fighting more and more different bosses to see how the fights feel.

Honestly, since I’ve owned this game, this is the first time I felt the need to log on, create an account and complain. For me at least, it’s that bad.

3 Likes

This…right…here. The idea behind not canceling is to commit. And like I said I will give FC time now to try and give unique feel to all weapon classes. I’d they can make each weapon have varying pros and cons compared to each other it will depth and variety for different styles…aka tanky,defensive,tanks, etc based on Stam usage animation time damage reach. With cancel you basically found the weapon with most damage and canceled until you got a clear shot.

2 Likes

And FYI, canceling is not needed on pve. Kite 2 or 3 enemies in a row, start 1h ax combo early to insure 3rd and 4th knockdown…pause then full combo as npc gets up. For bosses poison bleed takes care of any real combat. Undead are probably the hardest due to immunity, so just use a fully leveled t3 or above fighter and combat doesn’t even really need thought.

1 Like