Hey guys, new stuff!!!
I got unbanned!!! After 8 years, just for walling off a few things on an official server in 2018!!!
So, after my ban, I sent an unban request with the link to this conversation, and the next day, the guy (David.M) replied, “Oh well, no, due to your violations, you remain banned!”…
I sent another email saying, “Hey man, do you understand that we’re going to court? In court? That my lawyer has been notified? That there are hundreds, maybe thousands of us who paid for nothing? We’ve been robbed, and it’s completely illegal. Do you understand that?”…
So I asked for all their 2018 rules and the exact reasons for my ban to send to my lawyer…
And then, this morning, as if by magic, I received an email:
"Greetings XXX,
Thanks for the additional details.
We’ve reviewed your appeal and removed the ban from your account. You should be able to access Official Servers again after the next server restart.
Please keep in mind Repeated violations of our community guidelines may result in further action being taken on the account:
- *** Community Safety - Funcom ***
- *** Official Servers - Terms of conduct, guidelines and procedures ***
Kind regards,
Funcom Customer Support"
Seriously? So I was banned for life and now I have to threaten you, Funcom? No other choice???..
So do the same, guys, send the link to this discussion, say you paid for nothing, and threaten to sue… Great, fantastic… When money is involved; Wow, people aren’t the same anymore…
FUNCOM: I’ve always supported your games since 2008, but please, take customer requests seriously. I still haven’t received the reasons for my ban, and I’m not even sure you kept the evidence after 8 years! This is really unacceptable… We invest a lot in you, take requests seriously and analyze them better. Your guy (David.M) didn’t even read my first email threatening legal action. Is that normal???..
Do you know what it’s like to be treated like this after supporting you for 20 years? To be treated like dirt? A parasite? A leper?
Furthermore, STOP the PERMABANS for no reason!!! Stop it!!! Read here about all those who have been banned for life for simple blocks!!! Okay for cheaters, but here, nobody has cheated!!!
Ban and analysis requests are handled by one or two people, without the necessary skills, who don’t even read the emails, even if they contain a threat of legal action.
When you’re not 1000% sure, you don’t issue a permanent ban! You don’t imprison people for life without a trial either! (Although it does happen sometimes…).
Please also set an automatic unban time limit; after 8 years any other publisher would have already unbanned users… Set it to, I don’t know, 2-3 years for unbanning…
I want to emphasize that your abusive PERMABANs won’t change the fact that thousands of cheaters are currently ruining the game, and that even if banned, they’ll just create new accounts… So STOP the PERMABANs for blocks already!!!
Another point: I think that simply imposing a one-day ban, then doubling it, would be more than enough for players to understand, because they could quickly lose their bases… Review your rules; they’re too complicated and vague. For example, is a discriminatory insult a lifetime ban? Oh yeah, so a misogynistic joke gets you a lifetime ban??? Dark humor banned for life???.. The admins don’t check anything!!! A report from the other side is all it takes if you make a bad joke, and you get a lifetime ban??? Please simplify your rules!!!
Regarding the servers, it’s complicated, yes, I know, I’m a developer too, and it’s no better elsewhere, just look at Star Citizen and others, but managing bans is something one guy does without any skills! It’s your responsibility and your prerogative; it’s not about thousands of euros invested here like in the servers! Just establish clear rules without being abusive.
I would have liked a fantastic exit, full of compliments and beautiful pictures of our bases, instead of this pointless conflict.
I hope we can now start over on the right foot, and that I don’t find myself facing permanent bans again when people are innocent!
Frankly, FUNCOM, I expect an apology from you. All of us here were not treated as we should be, but like poor pieces of shit…
Let’s start again in 2026 with a new, positive, high-frequency energy.
Thank you.