Animation cancel is higher dps? No

I just think the comment went abit off as in too much.

I understand this is a dead horse . This topic is not solar created in the means of “WANTING ANI CANCEL BACK” it is open to the many suggestions players have. There is tons of players who wants new ideas in terms of better mobility in-game for the cost of stamina give or take.
again nothing final but an idea that could make up for the “balance” for the player base. As alot of pvp players is very unhappy with the removal of the ani-cancel. This could lead to a very good idea.

im sure u prolly read all comments in here by far, and that is great. I just want you to understand; I read the comments as much as possible. I have a job to attend aswell and because of that I did still not have time to edit the post as I wanted. I try to like as many feedbacks as possible & incase you missed it, I do write comments where I thank the many people who have come to the thread & to share their opinion, that includes you & Taemien.

im fine with people writing “im against” or “im with” the plan is to add a pole & much more.
But atm I am more than happy to see suggestions or ways for the party to meet halfway rather than 100% for one party.

have a good day. I hope this gave you more insight & understanding.

ps edit: there is many players who think the problem in general was a dps increase as shown in the second video. This thread also states that this was not the issue for those who did not know.

It really doesn’t matter if that specific example results in higher DPS or not. The principle is the same. You’re abusing game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage. The example of unequipping and re-equipping a spear for more damage is just easy to understand when trying to explain the basic idea of what animation canceling is. There are also other examples that do result in higher DPS, so it’s a moot point anyway.

1 Like

When was it more dmg? It never was. So please do not use that example.

I understand where u wanna go with this. The Main hand off-hand swapping is OP & does more dmg! glad it is removed. Instead of mentioning what u just did, how about just give examples on what you think could be the right choice in terms of bringing it back? as I suggested on the previous comment, it could come back but in the shape of costing Stamina every un-equip.

As I just told you, it doesn’t matter if that specific example actually does or not. It’s a simple, straightforward example to illustrate the idea behind animation canceling. Nothing more and nothing less.

I got that. It is just weird to take an incorrect example.

maybe a more constructive feedback would be in its place.

ur type of comment has already been written 5 times. reason why I stick to your statement.

The gaps left to fill with unwield+wield gone: - Conan Exiles / Feedback - Funcom Forums I like to use this for an example. The improvements for all to to be happy. The whole party can be complete.

That’s an exploit! I suggest removing your bracelet and despawn everything, otherwise you will get banned from Officials for exploiting.

1 Like

When they clean the servers up of the myriad of exploits and hackers that actually affect and ruin others gameplay I’ll consider taking your advice. Till than I’ll be right. And besides I didn’t create a bunch of accounts to store an obscene amount of gear. I have just my body with benches my running gear and a few building mats and my body is not undermeshed :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

wait so loading your body with items and never logging back in is an exploit?

1 Like

It is when you ask someone who created their account only to post one specific comment and nothing else :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well frankly, yes. Any time you abuse a mechanic like that to gain an unfair and/or unintended advantage, it’s an exploit by definition.

2 Likes

can you tell me the advantage of loading a body full of items and logging out and never playing that server again

If you never log back in, that’s not body vaulting. That’s just quitting. :wink:

Body vaulting lets you hide all your stuff in more difficult to find locations. A somewhat simplistic example of the advantage one gains is on a PvE-C server, body vault all your stuff just before PvP time. Your base gets raided, but you don’t lose anything because it’s all tucked away under a rock somewhere nobody ever visits. Some people go so far as to create multiple accounts specifically to body vault all their stuff and protect it from other players. It’s much harder to find a body hidden in a little crack somewhere that’s hard to get to than it is to find a big ■■■ brick and metal vault plopped in the middle of a walled off base. It’s also much easier to get that body positioned under the mesh or otherwise hidden from view.

2 Likes

Dunno personally loading up before raid time and hiding your body isn’t cheating it’s playing smart (if people do this im sure there are) it’s no different than maprooming your loot away the minute you hear a bomb at your base lol. you’re just doing it in advance

everytime my clan and I finish a server we body vault our items to save them. if war ever comes back to that server :slight_smile: not sure that people hide bodies in cracks or under rocks either. I find best way to do it is build 150 walls high in the sky place a ceiling person logs out break walls body floats and when they login they login on the ground.

That’s precisely the definition of an exploit and exactly what @Glurin was describing (only he used a generic description). Utilizing a game mechanic or bug to gain an unintended benefit. Do you think the Devs intended you to be able to float a body on the roof of the map where no one can find you?

The way you described it, it is both. Very smart, in fact so smart that I doubt anyone could ever prove you were doing it. But make no mistakes, it is cheating and it is bannable, if anyone could prove it.

4 Likes

probably not. Somehow I also don’t think devs intended for people to be able to hack their game either. When hacking is addressed and the game gets a good anti cheat people won’t need to use extreme measures to hide the stuff they spent hundreds of hours acquiring.

I only do it when leaving a server and I only leave servers when hacks are involved. Having someone placing bombs inside your base while they’re outside using some esp wall hack isn’t exactly intended right? or getting killed like this. Look how far he’s hitting me from. Should I just let these guys clean house and take my items?

1 Like

I think you misunderstood. I never suggested it was the only exploit, nor did I say that it is okay for others to use exploits against you. I merely pointed out that what you described is definitely an exploit and as such, is bannable. If you have video of others using exploits, report them. Reporting will not only help remove cheaters but it will also help Devs fix the exploit.

4 Likes

no I understand. it’s just that I play officials to maintain stuff I farm. I played pvp privates long enough and got bored of them. The server that clip was taken was a 40/40 server. A group came in hacking. It died within a month. The entire time reports were being sent in and it took 2months for them to finally be banned. by that time the server was dead.

Of course I would use any method to make sure my clans items are secure and not lost because there is no anti cheat for conan lol’’

20minutes after that clip was recorded that same guy was placing jars inside our base where all the benches were from the same place I died. While that’s in the game I think it’s okay to body vault in the sky to keep hard earned stuff secure. IMO. Others will disagree but is what is and that is ok

2 Likes

Honestly, this is exactly the kind of attitude that makes devs stay away from these discussions. If your starting point is that the devs are clueless idiots who don’t understand what they’re doing, how would that encourage them to try to convince you otherwise? You’re not likely to listen to them; rather, you’re looking for an opportunity to pour more insults at them personally.

If you want to have a discussion, you need to come across as someone willing to discuss.

5 Likes

To clarify I’m not up in the sky or under a rock I log out in a small cave that’s tucked into a cliff side in the jungle biome. I absolutely do not consider this an exploit. Your body disappearing after a set time after log out has always been a thing in pvp servers. If I’m not running about raiding and such than why do people even need to have the ability to get at the gear that’s on my body?? Go raid active players lol :joy:. I’m solo, and it’s the only account used by me :man_shrugging: I’m not going to try to beat people that are actively cheating and in all honesty it saves me maybe 4-6 hrs of farm when I eventually log back in and start actively playing in the server again. An exploit is something that gives you an advantage. This gives me no advantage whatsoever.

4 Likes