Anniversary Event?

Hi there, we have no additional plans to add anything else for this year’s anniversary event. I again apologize for setting an expectation that was not able to be met (re: spoils of victory miscommunication) and your concerns and feedback will be made aware to the team and stakeholders for future consideration.

1 Like

And for a less sterile PR answer: I totally get if y’all are disappointed with this year’s anniversary event. I can’t guarantee anything for future cycles, but we’re aware of what you’re saying here. In any case, we appreciate your letting us know and for sticking with us through the years.

8 Likes

Appreciate the candor!

Thanks for doing the little you can.

1 Like

Well, in my case it’s cool, I missed last year cuz I forgot so now my barb can get the set

It’s really just sad.

Ok, Age of Conan is strapped for resources and staff, so we were unlikely to get a new original anniversary event, fine. They reused the mount from last year, not some other mount that they already had around, but the exact same mount from last year, fine. Even then, they could have made up for it by being generous with easily added things that cost them nothing, like shards. But no, they couldn’t even do that, and they actually removed Spoils of Victory.

As if someone there is intentionally trying to disappoint the player base.

5 Likes

@AndyB

Please take note - the Spoils of Victory boxes were good not only due to shards, but to simple relics IV that allowed players to gather at least one or two pieces of decent gear during the event alone (which was a huge boost), as the relic drop from RF is frustratingly low and there are no exchange between relics III and IV.

And compare that to the double shards in RF in its current form - RF is not reset or daily rotated (which would be damn nice), so guaranteed double shards only TWICE per event, no guaranteed double shard drop from blue boxes, and finally no double relics.

Such changes look like total disrespect to the people whose devotion keeps the game alive, if not like outright spit in the face.

5 Likes

There is always a way to do something for players who deserve it…

1 Like

Like I said before. I bet they are just not able to fix it. Same thing with the T2 RF, that doesn’t work since the last event. There is no one left with a clue how to fix some things in the game… The other thing is, there are not enaugh ppl left in the game that want’s to pay again and again for a game without any support, the cow is completely milked now.

No offence but do the actual T4 raid. Problem solved.

9 Likes

Are you from the past ?We don’t do that “HARD” content for “decent” gear around here anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

@Spannyy @Oldfox

Yeah, yeah, and that “AA, EXP, GEAR” crap remains eternal and untouched from year to year, including T4, Chaos and all UC dungeons. For T5 and T6 you need guild or already T4 for organised pugs. So nothing personal, but your arguments look like a trolling.

1 Like

Noone prevents you from doing/organizing groups and raids with no requirements. Ever thought about that?
How did experienced people get experience when noone did that content before? They either entered testlive server (when it was still up) and figured out the mechanics or waited for content to go on live server and figured it out then.

The point is not getting T3/T4 relics from the event. The point is getting the shards so you don’t have to do that horrible raidfinder more often then even needed.

Its not trolling, its the answer to your problem.

Join a T5/T6 pug community on the toon which is sufficiently geared (T4). This will allow you to learn and progress through that content, whilst doing the lower tier raids that are also normally offered in said communities to progress your lesser geared toons. You’ll also find it allows you to tag along in 6mans which are often advertised in discord channels first and never reach global chat.

If that’s too much work, try hello kitty online.

5 Likes

Generation of gamers changed quite many years ago. Before you played a game to learn and eventually master it. Gear was just a timesink obstacle to get you forward. Now people play games to look at their gear, and learning the game is an obstacle the new generation try to avoid at any price.

9 Likes

This community is pathetic…LOL

The only thing that can bring it together is to rally against a missed golden shard shower from papa andy. :rofl:

1 Like

@Spannyy

The problem is to get that sufficiently geared toon, first. Even grind for Khitai gear takes a load of time, not to mention obtaining T4 relics or gear without doing T4 on a regular basis - and T4 pugs are rare. RF as a source of T4 relics is unreliable, as it drops randomly T3 and T4 relics, both at slow enough rate. Spoils of Victory boxes during anniversary you got in a relatively large number over a relatively small amount of time - and getting a half-year worth boost in T4 relics from them is a considerable help in a task of getting a first geared toon.

And now we don’t have this.

If you are a dps/heal class, get the 3.5 gear its cheaper and allows you into T5/T6.

I just halved your grind.

1 Like

Why are you in such a rush to get the gear to begin with though?
Get minors from Khitai. Necklace from Arena. Some stuff from weekly RF. Use the relics you do get wisely. Maybe some other stuff too from Khitai and then join a T3,5/T4 raid. If these are rare, well I’d recommend trying to find a guild which do these raids. Kuth wave 1-5 isn’t exactly difficult either (Takes time though), and gives weapons which are close to (some even better) than T6.

But again, if you’re not raiding T5/T6 why is it so important to get the gear so quickly?

Edit: While I am saying all this. Most people just wanna skip Khitai entierly I guess. I can understand it a little bit since usually there’s not more than Mona+Palace in global, but I’d really recommend trying to get some groups started yourself for crowmen+abyss, Kara Korum etc.

6 Likes

Why would you give players an easy way to progress? The game is no longer being developed, of all the funcom decisions this one actually makes sense. You can’t milk a game for all its got if you give the players months of content for free. Especially when you know the same people whining about not getting these rewards are going to log in today and continue paying funcom.

2 Likes