Annoying list of annoyances

List of annoyances that deserve to be looked into

• Mobs that run away to cast a self-buff before coming back to melee

• In scens, especially in the castle: Mobs pathfinding algorithm gets confused, and group of 2 or 4 mobs coming from the upstairs room split, cause they hesitate on the path to follow

• In scens: mobs or bomb carrier sometimes get stuck (in castle, mobs get stuck under the arch next to north spawn spot; in mansion bomb carrier gets trapped between the mansion north east corner and the tree)

• Ashes of Fateā€™s Chosen: it happens that the FATE little guy runs like 20 meters away before starting his attack, despite the target being at close range (either an animation bug, or a bugged algorithm to determine a clear path to target)

• At scens start, before survivors spawn, sound effects from attacks are not playing properly

• Also during scens, if 2 events (bomb/possession/enhanced hostile) happen at the same time, the voice announcing it cut previous message before it finishes, often leading the player not to know thereā€™s a possession/bomb threatening the survivors

• In scens, some enhanced hostiles leave a couple of exploding locusts (Effigy something infestation). Despite both those locusts being despawned after they explode/get killed, player is unable to use sprint for a few seconds

• In scens, when in a group of 2 mobs, one gets replaced by a filth mob, it happens this filth mob gets twice the hp he should

• When fighting multiple mobs, if theyā€™re close to each other, the reticle algorithm determining the target quite often gets confused and changes target (can be fixed by reintroducing tab targeting, or adding a key to get a lock on target like in Zelda Ocarina of Time)

• When youā€™re in a dungeon or NY raid or NY/London/Seoul, you still have access to General/LFG/ā€¦ chat channels. When in scenario or OD, you donā€™t.

• AĢ¶nĢ¶kĢ¶hĢ¶ Ģ¶3Ģ¶rĢ¶dĢ¶ Ģ¶fĢ¶iĢ¶gĢ¶hĢ¶tĢ¶ Ģ¶(Ģ¶tĢ¶hĢ¶eĢ¶ Ģ¶3Ģ¶ Ģ¶oĢ¶rĢ¶oĢ¶cĢ¶hĢ¶iĢ¶ Ģ¶sĢ¶oĢ¶lĢ¶dĢ¶iĢ¶eĢ¶rĢ¶sĢ¶)Ģ¶:Ģ¶ Ģ¶iĢ¶tĢ¶ Ģ¶hĢ¶aĢ¶pĢ¶pĢ¶eĢ¶nĢ¶sĢ¶ Ģ¶qĢ¶uĢ¶iĢ¶tĢ¶eĢ¶ Ģ¶oĢ¶fĢ¶tĢ¶eĢ¶nĢ¶ Ģ¶tĢ¶hĢ¶eĢ¶ Ģ¶lĢ¶aĢ¶sĢ¶tĢ¶ Ģ¶oĢ¶rĢ¶oĢ¶cĢ¶hĢ¶iĢ¶ Ģ¶sĢ¶oĢ¶lĢ¶dĢ¶iĢ¶eĢ¶rĢ¶ Ģ¶sĢ¶tĢ¶aĢ¶yĢ¶sĢ¶ Ģ¶aĢ¶lĢ¶iĢ¶vĢ¶eĢ¶ Ģ¶fĢ¶oĢ¶rĢ¶ Ģ¶aĢ¶ Ģ¶fĢ¶eĢ¶wĢ¶ Ģ¶sĢ¶eĢ¶cĢ¶oĢ¶nĢ¶dĢ¶sĢ¶ Ģ¶dĢ¶eĢ¶sĢ¶pĢ¶iĢ¶tĢ¶eĢ¶ Ģ¶hĢ¶iĢ¶sĢ¶ Ģ¶hĢ¶pĢ¶ Ģ¶rĢ¶eĢ¶aĢ¶cĢ¶hĢ¶iĢ¶nĢ¶gĢ¶ Ģ¶0Ģ¶ Removed, Iā€™ve been told itā€™s an intended mechanism. Need more investigation, when the 2nd orochi soldier dies, it seems the last one gets a full heal. But sometimes, when he reaches 0 hp, his nametag turns green, and he only dies after a few secs.

• Real big annoyance: despite being live since 4 years, SWL still doesnā€™t provide access to elite versions of Hell Fallen, Slaughterhouse & Facility-9 dungeons (I should also add both Manufactory, but I reckon those 2 were based upon Aegis mechanism, so harder to implement)(oh wait, Penthouse was the same, no?)

• Ladder bug: when climbing a ladder, a player can sometimes get stuck (rare bug, but here since TSW times)

poke @AndyB any official statement ?

Edit:

• Despite hugging a mob, and the reticle being red, attacking can fail because ā€œno valid targets in rangeā€ - this one happened to me when tanking the KD regional boss with hammerā€¦
2 Likes

Iā€™ve never understood this, Why LFG is present in instances you are generally already in a group and in places where you would need to see a group request it is absent.

As for the Aegis requirements in MFA/B - there is a floor in ā€œThe Towerā€ where you are to use ā€œAegis Towersā€ to disrupt the Aegis shields on the mobs before you are able to damage them.
Their was a mission (or two or three) somewhere, may have been in TSW. Where you had to get these towers and use them, placing them all around to disrupt the mobs shields.
I have often wondered if these same ā€œAegis towersā€ could be items to collect at the start of MFA/B to use them in the dungeons. With their being 3 types, they could be carried by the DPS and used accordingly.
But iā€™m no game designer so thoughts are not easily reflected in ā€œItā€™s not that simpleā€ - or is it? :upside_down_face:

• A few items required for museum upgrade are not rare, but RARE, especially some golem shards. We need more opportunities to get those outside the birthday event. (One could say itā€™s also true for the Niflheim wing, but it doesnā€™t count for achievement)

• [Subjective] Weapons are unbalanced. It seems many endgame players use only AR or hammer, and abandon all others weapons. (oh boy, iā€™m gonna get trolled so much for that one)

• In Kaidan, the named mob Fuun, despite being engaged in fight by a player, even after he starts defending himself by using his Flamestrike ability, sometimes teleports away

• Blue Mountain lair: the 1st ward stone required for mission ā€œPicking up the piecesā€ can be a pain to grab. It could be easily solved by either moving the stone or the missions anchor by 1 meter.

• Ground targeting for AoE sometimes doesnā€™t fire when in manual mode, despite having enough resources to cast, and being in range. Player may have to use the ability 2 or 3 times for it to fire. Never happens when ground targeting is in automatic mode.

• (kinda) Related to missing dungeons: missing raids ! It would be really nice to get back Flappy and Eidolon raids

• Classic scenarios used to be playable with a 5 players group, now only solo or duo is possible, why ? (while Occult Defence can be done with a full group)

You must be new here.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. Happy to pass it along, but I canā€™t offer guarantees of implementation.

• Kaidan : Missions on the tank arenā€™t there and appear after a while.
  • Recent interesting fact : A friend of mine was using Vali and was taunting bosses when he attempted to use it. He restarted re-equipped and then the Vali was its old good self.
    -Hell Eternal : If you die you might not be able to move and get teleported back when trying.

Thanks for replying.
I know the team is probably busy with many projects, but fixing some of these bugs would really improve the gameplay experience for everyone.
Also, the list might extend :smiley:

Edit: someone asked me to post about the memory leak/crash bug that can happen quite often. But I do believe itā€™ll never get fixed, itā€™s kinda a major bug thatā€™s been around sinceā€¦ tsw launch ? And since the way to deal with the tessellation bug (actually tessellation kinda worked nice, except in Slaughterhouse dungeon, where it would easily bug without consequences on the gameplay, just visual inconvenience) was to remove it from the options, I doubt devs are willing/allowed to spend time on some engine bugs.

• Dark Agartha: rarely, after being victim of ā€˜Gravity wellā€™ ability and dying in the fight against your foe, the resurrected player movement gets hindered badly, like if you were pushing a wall, or rubberbanding on every step you make. It usually means end of DA run, cause fighting becomes impossible. Movement returns to normal after zoning out. (Iā€™m bad at explaining this one, but the people who suffered from it will understand) - Iā€™ve been told thereā€™s a ā€œfixā€ for that: get affected again by Gravity Well

• Dark Agartha: The vampire foeā€™s Lifedrain ability seems to have unlimited range. Is that intended ?

• Mission Fatal Framing in SF: picking up the camera is troublesome. Can be solved by slightly moving the mission anchor

• Mission Noodles & Swords in Kaidan: picking up the katana can be troublesome. Can be solved by slightly moving the mission anchor

Yeah thatā€™s really annoying on the mission in Kaidan where you fight the robot on top of the highway - FATE runs away and I think he ends up falling off the highway. I donā€™t think he actually contributes his hit as a result (I could be wrong, I havenā€™t looked at the log).

You may want to step back - I think the reticle aiming ā€œconeā€ starts a little in front of your toon, so being in tango range means youā€™re shooting over its shoulders (if it has them). I noticed this when fighting Scarecrows - they end up stepping so close that you have to turn around to shoot them.

Communication - this might be role-playing. Youā€™re in a VR scenario, so I guess it cuts you off?

Thatā€™s hilarious. Looking at the log is most important.

off the top of my head
ladder bug happens far more often than it should while climbing to let the captain have his hat back
those filthy mobs that suddenly gain the ability to shoot you all the way up the ladder climbing to get the love hotel key
targeting the various parts of the machine during valentines event in rosenbrawl shouldnt need to stare at the pavement or go into pvp zone to do through the fence
missing the DA platform three times in a row (this is more down to me rushing) :stuck_out_tongue:
the AH system can we get a expired item indicator (mod never works either)

1 Like

How about losing 2 lives when falling only once? Thatā€™s a fun pleasing one too.

1 Like

I agree with all of the above, but if I really had to pick some things that I think are detrimental to the game experience I would prioritize:

• Forcing groups apart after a dungeon. Itā€™s easy enough to leave a group (btw, why is there no /leave command?) but itā€™s often hard to form one.

• okā€¦ MAAAAYBE if youā€™re off doing quests in a zone there might be a reason not to see messages in the channels you subscribe toā€¦ maybeā€¦ but if you register in the Activity Finder you are literally #LookingForGroup so maybe thatā€™s how you get that channel in all zones?

• The limit on the # of people in a zone seems very low. And it means that a raid group of only 10 people often gets split up when trying to get together for a lair. Either bump up the limit or give raid groups some method of going to the shard/server/dimension that has room for 10 people?

• I think if the devs/funcom donā€™t have the resources to look into all of the issues, they should brainstorm ways that the Modding community could contribute. Maybe the fan who writes the LairTracker would be willing to help make Hell fallen into an elite dungeon. They might even just do it for some exclusive cosmetic gear and bragging rights.

• Speaking of, Iā€™m sure there are graphic designers who play the game who would be happy to create their own custom cosmetic gear which other players could then buy. Maybe not animated pets & sprints, but surely clothing should be easy. I know it doesnā€™t seem like much, but when people keep thinking the game is ā€œdeadā€ it could bring some life (and community spirit) back to it if the community was able to actually add stuff to the game they love.

I get the feeling this could be a really long list of both ā€œThings werenā€™t always like thisā€ & ā€œThings have always been like thisā€ @krumpf LOL How many cans of worms are on that shelf? :laughing:
And to quote Paloma Faith ā€œThe truth of it is, it doesnā€™t get better than thisā€ lol

It is indeed annoying but necessary I think.
Theory: each group gets an unique ID on servers, and that ID is linked to dungeon instances. Should you keep the same group ID and enter the same dungeon twice in a row, that very dungeon wouldnā€™t reset properly and be empty.

1 Like

Reminds me of that day we had 20+ people in Ankh :upside_down_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Useless list and missing a lot

Donā€™t except anything to be fixed by FC ā€˜goat-codersā€™

Goat-coders go around apple tree by being tied to it with a rope:

They only fix bugs that prevents players to play the game.
They will not fix anything that is annoying or harrashing you. Why? They are not paid to do soā€¦

So workaround? Go play some game not coded by crappy company called Funcom. Most online game companies actually fix bugsā€¦

Yes, Iā€™m having a hang over while writing this

2 Likes