Anonymous player raids and attacks

And like I said, every update upsets some people. Then reverting that update upsets some people. Not making that update in the first place upsets some people.

I was merely commenting on the fallacy that everyone, or most people, agree with the OP’s premise. I’m sure this update will make some people quit, and I’m equally sure that this update will make some people continue playing where without this update they would’ve quit.

But let’s not pretend we know how many people that is, and let’s not pretend we’re speaking for the whole community when, in truth, each and every one of us represents only ourselves.

Over a million copies of Conan Exiles sold. Fewer than 400 people voted on the anonymity poll. Yeah, most people don’t really care. They simply adapt to the change and carry on as usual.

You mean like a PVE player who tries to decide the fate of all pvp players?

And yet this is exactly what is currently happening because alpha clans have no log anymore.

I dont know exact numbers. But what I do know is what I and my clan members want and that’s why we are having this discussion now.

Who said anything about watching the log? When I say be online to watch your stuff i mean to actually be out and about guarding. When you catch them you will see their name. Building in different dlc structures( per location) will tell you where to go. If you read that as " watch the log all day" then I’m sorry you misread. As I never mentioned “be online to stare at your log”. When I was referring to catching and trying to stop them. That ment " be outside ( not in the event log) checking things out". As I mentioned in my post… when you SEE them you will see their name and know who they are. Now. With all that being said. If you have a poor response time… as I mentioned in my previous post… try building in different materials that way you can pinpoint the location under attack more promptly and accurately to improve your response time. Once again I’m sorry you misread and I needed to put it in “barney mode” for you to understand.

Most people actually just buy the game and play until they hit against something they don’tt like and they just quit directly with the game. there are only a handful of people usually who actually are willing to spend their time on writing posts to let the devs hear their opnion.

And in my case I will go to the forum only when something is wrong. I will not visit it enough to actually see if there is a poll or not.

That sounds even worse. this would mean that you would have to sit on top of your base all raid time in hope to catch the attacker? And if you have a couple of bases that would mean for all other bases you need to still watch the log.

And building in different materials means you have to watch the log to see that this type of door was just raided. Well, unless you are sitting on top of your base watching your base all raid time, which is to me a huge waste of time.

Probably true. But, since none of us knows how many of these have quit because of the anonymity update, it remains a fallacy to claim that any more people than those you know personally have quit over this update, or would like it reverted. You cannot speak for the anonymous, silent majority any more than I can.

Looking at the poll, a majority, but not an overwhelming majority, is in favor of showing player names in the log. That is the data we have regarding this subject. The OP’s claim that the game is going to die because of this update remains a fallacy.

Lol… some people cant be helped. I dont know what to tell you.

The game wont die because of this. LIke it has nothing to do with PVE players so this update will at the very least not destroy their experience. As long as someone out there is playing it, it wont die.

I agree that many people are over reacting with that this game will die because of 1 update. But I also think that if something bothers someone that they should let themselves hear.

Also I am convinced that most don’t vote or go to the forums. So if someone actually is willing to spend time and energy on posting on the forums it must mean that it is actually bothering him/her a lot. This counts to me personally more then a poll which had apparently a majority but not an overwhelming majority where ?? how many were not even pvp players.

And as for most don’t vote or go often enough to the forums writing posts and complaining about it is the only way to let their voices be heard.

i liked the idae of the comment, but i hate that you lost 1000$:frowning:

1 Like

The worst thing that comes out of a raging Alpha is they finally use the 6000 Bombs, and 100’s of building mats they farmed while server was dead or a peaceful PVE type server. That is what is really bothering them. they spent all that time to obtain thousands of bombs and 100’s of Jhebals. but now they have to use them, and may have to actually farm the mats back up.

I think what the alphas are scared of is losing power. Not knowing what new players/clans that are stealing their fish so they can have a reason to not let them, the fish theives, hit level 60.

Yeah me too but in the end we concluded they probably needed it more (strongly suspect it was our cleaning lady). Anywho, I digress.

OK but do you see how you’re kind of agreeing with me? The inability to tell who exactly did this is going to drive SOME (read: enough) alpha clans to have a “scorched earth policy” which will in turn drive people away from the game which will create empty servers which will create people who are justified in complaining about empty servers because the no Event Log naming/shaming system leaves them little recourse except a “scorched earth policy.”

I’m not trying to say the behavior is justified, or beneficial, or anything like that. You and I both agree that wiping a server is not conducive to a wonderful gaming experience. What I am arguing is that the No Event Log naming/shaming system promotes either a) putting up with being stolen from and having no way of knowing who did it, or b) destroying everything to be sure you are getting revenge on that person (in addition others who are not involved).

Don’t even mention a c) or d) alternative option. Those are the two main ones I am discussing. Sure, some will be rational and think “I don’t want to wreck the server, I guess I better just put up with it,” but other people are going to feel like they might as well use their resources to demo everybody if they’re just going to get continually stolen from.

And those people, even though their behavior is going to potentially ruin server populations, those people have merit to their argument. Because with no way to specifically know WHO did the raiding/stealing, the ONLY surefire way to have revenge is to exact vengeance on everyone.

I much preferred a system that allowed people to direct their revenge at those deserving, rather than choose between being bullied or bullying everyone. That’s the point I am trying to make.

Maybe it is. I’ve expressed no strong opinion either way on the event log. Though certain people - not you - seem to get very angry at what they imagine to be my opinion. Which is odd, but not surprising.

You can vote here. I hope the devs will make an update soon and show the player names again.

We need a middle ground, show names for destruction, and no names for just looting.

2 Likes

And then players will simply buy a second copy and destroy on that account whilst looting on their main… easy enough to drop a load of bombs to an alt when you have two computers … and with the number of PS4 and Xbox people who play with their families then I’d say they can also game on multiple accounts simultaneously.

Showing names won’t prevent that, ppl can use a different acc for that anyway, and by the way, that seems a lot of “waste of time” just to hide their names, imagine you having to do that everytime you get into a raid or find something unprotected, and for the ppl who do that, I can see they don’t have anything important outside the virtual world to have such a behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.