Another Thrall dead

Yes he called me stupid. Done

Omg how many times do I need to say he ran out of food that is why his freaking inventory was open to add more food or did you not read, god it must be so nice for you all to enjoy making fun of my loss as you are all do freaking perfect.

Thank you all for your wonderful lessons in my inexperience, hope it makes you all feel so good about your self to beat up an old woman for wanting her game to be able to be played with out being filled with bugs and things that never work, instead of even trying to understand you made fun of of my game play, do video of my issue to prove how bad I am and how wrong I was. Does that make you feel like a better player does it. I am done with this forums , some great people here but out weighted by the rude ones these days, its too bad most of you have no clue how to even listen to anyone else opinions. I have spend hours in test live testing and reporting but my opinions do not count, You all make fun of people and how they play by trying to show them how bad they play and you do your best to make them feel their way is wrong. Well you got it I suck, congratulations.

So you all got your way I am not able to play this game good enough to even count in my opinions when I try to test and help by your standards. My 2600 hrs totally worthless it seems by all your standards of play.

1 Like

Sorry for your follower loss. Really. When you complain about bugs with your follower dying on a forum
enough said
I am not typing this to ridicule
just some help with pics and FYI. And yes I am a 38yo female so not young but not old either. :smiley:

Note: NPCs are a lot tougher to kill and hit much harder on my server than on officials. Even then many places just need more patience and more mobility.

So I just assaulted New Asagarth and I encountered zero bugs and it is definitely a challenge (new AI is great). Especially with not taking care of the bleeds, frigid bite (from some of their weapons), and the really dangerous wolves in tandem with the Vanir
fun assault. Here are the pics and might help a little with future strategy.

• I drink 3 Purple Lotus Elixir
then wait until I get the headache. I drink Berry Juice to hydrate.
  • The key to eliminating Bleed is Numbing Wraps (removes Bleed Instantly) then I use Aloe Soup as my healing. Great Healing. Get a short cripple from this but nothing to worry about.

I then use my shield skills to flip back and forth between Defense and Offense. You can see my sis Sohi and I are working together. I pull aggro from her and she flanks and same in reverse. I very much prefer the mobility of 1 handed weapons and my timing is perfect with 1 handed swords.

Be open for new tactics. :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :smiley:

2 Likes

I did not meant to disrespect your gameplay, but to encourage you to learn from that and beat them the next time, my problem with your post is that you try to make believe others that thralls are not overpowered, when they clearly are, and not just a bit. Misinformation is easy to spread and i’m afraid this post leads to it.

It’s true, not all thralls are gods, none of them, actually they are stupid, but just by taking a look at their numbers they are way beyond the rest of the content, even the weak ones. they don’t have to worry about temperature, they don’t have to worry about item durability, they hit very hard and they have tons of HP. but that doesn’t mean they are immortal, some gameplay mechanics are in play, ie. Armor, Hyperarmor, DoTs, CCs, strenght in Numbers, etc.

I tested a lvl 10 Dalinsia with 1000 Armor (about 80% damage reduction) and a epic mace (good damage, hyperarmor, CC, AoE) vs 5 Lians, she had no chance, they cornered her and she couldn’t do anything to avoid that, she made a couple hits but that was not enough and she died without killing a single Lian, which is fine for me, she was outnumbered. I did the same Test in the actual version of the game, and she killed all of them in a matter of seconds, it was ridiculous.

I have been against overpowered thralls even before the thrall leveling update, back then the best thralls were the t4 bearers, they were better fighters, better archers, had the best inventory space and the best amount of health (about 10k) i expressed my discontent with this since then, then they got nerfed but the rest of the thralls were still strong. Then they patched the game with the leveling system that i really like, but i think they went overboard with the strenght of the thralls in general, seeing the rebalanced is great news for me.

They are still strong imo, they can kill world bosses all by their own, and if you help them is faster btw.

I feel ya man

A logical conclusion based on the responses you have received. But you are not alone in this, you only need read a few other threads to see that this is a common theme. If you call out the bad behaviour you may get back peddling and/or disingenuous apologies from some.

There is a lot of aggression on the forums since the new testlive went up, I have been on the receiving end of this. Yesterday, after I made some comments & received blowback, someone tried to change my steam password. Coincidence?

@Mumra Im sorry but almost every response was not an insult or a personal attack, it was some constructive criticism to help the player, this was not aggressive and that’s you just stirring the pot.

You have him wearing iron weapons and tier 1 heavy armor, of course he is gonna get trashed ontop of him just being a fighter 3

Not trying to stir the pot, I defended other peoples right to voice their opinion and to not be attacked or criticized by others for the way they feel.

That is subjective.

3 Likes

Literally you, yesterday. If the interpretation of constructive criticism is subjective, maybe you misinterpreted it. The last 5 of your posts are all either quoting or responding directly to me saying nothing more than I am incorrect about everything or that any feedback I give is a direct attack on someone. One might interpret that as you being a hypocrite, the only feedback you seem interested in is whatever you already agree with.

1 Like

I don’t see this as hypocritical at all.

I believe it is comments like this below, among others, from the very same thread you linked that @Mumra is speaking of in the above quote you linked.

Meramusa

1d

Tell me a boss. Ill record it and prove that statement is not only incorrect but just a dumb statement in general.

1 Like

The player stated that they hadn’t tried testlive, but was posting that a single boss fight would take upto 40 minutes. How is this not a dumb comment? The echo chamber you’ve created is wild. Gg

I have no concern whatsoever about whether you think the comment is dumb or not.

I think you missed the point that comments like this don’t do anything to strengthen your argument. Rather they discredit you in your attempt to get across your point.

Please consider this as constructive criticism.

2 Likes

Spot on.

This is where I feel many people have the greatest difficulty. The game is constantly changing, evolving. Not all changes are popular, and some changes are better suited for some players than others. But this is a survival game, and the players need to adopt a survivalist mentality. Adapt to changing conditions or die.

We don’t need to like all changes. We don’t need to agree that it’s for the best for the game. But those changes happen, have happened and will happen, and until and unless the developers revert some of these changes (which is unlikely to happen), in the meantime the best thing we can do is learn to live with the new conditions.

The global pandemic and the countermeasures to stop its spreading should’ve given us the mental tools for adapting in a game environment too. We’ve all had to learn how to cope with constantly changing situations in the real world now. That does have the flip side, though: it’s a strain on our mental resources, so it’s understandable why some people may not want to experience the same in their fictional entertainment, too.

On the other hand, finding parallels to the real world situation may help us put things into perspective, and find new tools to cope with the serious real-world issues too.

1 Like

In this point I disagree. I played all there is in Conan, pvp, hardcore pvp, rp, pve the whole thingy. And I can tell you that a lot of people even in pvp have no clue what they are doing esp. with their thralls. Of course there are enough people that play this game long enough to know all their is. But I have seen too many pvp servers now where people are playing as if they are on a pve server. This servers are all over the place now. The pvp is just in the title, and they run around with their thralls or worse with pets in lowlevel armor and struggle to even clear out small npc camps. They cry all the time they die and run away as soon as they see you and if you kill one of them the whole server goes rampage on you, how you could kill
that pure guy and call you names and if the admin is online you get banned. This is the new Conan Pvp. So please believe me when I tell you, this is the new normal pvp at least on european servers. I am afraid the good times when pvp could be called pvp are mostly over.

People want change, though. They want things to be better, but they don’t realize that they need to learn, re-learn and un-learn things because of those changes. Call it “growing pains” if you will.

The changes Funcom makes in the game are not random or arbitrary. They’re done because we, the players, ask for them. (The actual implementation of those changes may not be perfect, but that’s beside the point.) Not all of us, of course. Different people want different things. Me, I loved the spear+light armor+dodge “meta”. Some PvPers apparently didn’t, so it was changed. So I learned daggers and learned to like it.

In the modern market, a game needs to “adapt or die”, too. If Funcom decided that Conan Exiles was now “complete”, nothing new would be added, no changes would be made, the remaining life span of the game would probably be measured in months. Sure, a handful of die-hard RPers would continue on their private servers till 2120, but the community as we know it today would cease to exist.

That’s why we need to learn to accept change.

2 Likes

Yep I agree @Auculus , the North village is meant to challenge the higher level players. Players need to be more careful and not place too much trust in any follower whether it’s a thrall or creature - and the far north can be even worse :slight_smile:
I always feel that the game needs to challenge no matter the level.
I do wish that we had different level creatures too - not just bosses. Ones that are slightly larger than others, in the same areas as same creature, but that pack a good punch. Keeps things more unpredictable and realistic.

1 Like

There’s a lot to parse in the post above, but the saying “git gud” sort of applies here. You have several violations of “Thrall tanking 101” going on, especially for a high-level area like Asagarth.

First, he’s wearing standard heavy armor (I’m sure that ENC does wonders for him), for 503 armor, against enemies with hardened steel weapons. He won’t be able to take that much damage.

Secondly, he’s using a steel longsword, which for a level 20 thrall and level 60 player is “What the hell are you doing? Give him your best weapon is STANDARD for all main thralls”. Why not star metal? At the very least hardened steel? Couldn’t even try for a quick legendary?

As well, you have star metal weapons on you, but not on the thrall? Why no Epic heavy VIT or STR armor? Why is the thrall using a level 20 iron shield? Why is there no food (gruel) on the thrall?

All of these questions lead me to believe you are attempting to ■■■■■ the pitch of this patch. You’re deliberately killing your leveled thrall, because unless you grinded on mobs on the Noob river for thirty hours, I’m surprised he didn’t die to the first Corrupted animal with that setup.

1 Like

This topic is all over the place. Crazy forums.

@Halk I would go back and listen to the Dev YouTube Mail Bag in December 2019. You can search for it yourself
do your own research. It is pretty clear what Funcom deems this game. Whether you are a ‘Casual Player’ or ‘Aficionado’ has no bearings on this being a Survival Game or not at its heart (I am both Casual and Aficionado
yes one can be both). It is
period. Has it always been? Nopers
hardly
Survival Light
Toughest Survival is the first trip to get to the river
Survival Done
is it GOING in that direction as it SHOULD have from the start? I think so. Like you, I don’t like some of the changes
Hardened Steel
WHY?
but I get over it and adapt to the new changes.

/-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Okay
and this is on topic
Another Thrall Dead

I learned tactical position is NWN1 (in my Dad’s custom AI) then Tanking and Healing in LoTRO and SWTOR (When they were a thing) which tactical position is key. I was Raid/Operations leader on many 8 & 16 Ops. People trusted me to get the Ops through without a wipe because I knew how to get position and HELP the other players stay alive. Wait
what does this have to do with Conan Exiles missy!?

Well
I take the SAME approach to this game
most players in this game have no idea about group tactics
not sure why
but everyone just runs around like crazed maniacs hacking and swinging
very little strategy at all. 96% Chaos. Another Thrall Dead and other players chucking rocks at others just proves this. Some peeps provide clear evidence and the inane hatred of some forum ranters just come off as brats.

Bottom line is
And what this topic is all about.
#0 Have a good understanding of What Your Play Style Is and be solid at it. This is your foundation.
#1 learn to Prepare For Battle (meaning right Healing Food, and Gear for Player & Follower).
#2 learn to Not Get Hit in the first place (even for peeps who hate Dodging
learn timing moving Left/Right).
#3 learn to leech aggro from your Follower and Other Players or simply add DPS for THEM.
#4 learn items that work together really well
Numbing Wraps (Remove Bleed Instantly) then pop Aloe. Soup
lots of nice ‘Buffs’ and ‘Debuffs’ in this game to help melt enemies and keep your followers alive.

I love this game and having more fun NOW than ever before. As @Kapoteeni says above my Role Playing will continue to 2120! Okay
not 2120
but at least for the next 2 or 3 years! :rofl: :rofl:

I think this topic has run its course. If the OP is genuinely interested in help then I am open for it
if not
se la vie.

6 Likes

Thanks for the offer but this is not my real game nor is it my real game play its test live as I stated , a test , a test to show not all thralls are god who you can leave while you go make a sandwich, some are just thralls who will die , it was never about the thrall to die was about the misconception that every one plays the same and some people want or need a better thrall then others.

Not one person with a negative view on high level thralls took the time to ask what my play style was really instead every one had a way to try to get me to use their play style, this was about others listening to others wants and needs but instead it became a way to make fun of one person play style with not even knowing what it was. It was a huge fail , the test and the post. Again I thank you for offer , I am set!

Was a simple question but no one got it all they got was I was against nerfing thralls.

3 Likes