Are we happy with Siptah vault recipe RNG?

I really enjoy the vaults on Siptah. One major issue we have is the double RNG for recipes in the cache at the end of the vault.

Given the fact that there are many recipes that can be obtained, the RNG on whether a recipe will drop or not is overkill. It would be plenty enough grind to defeat the RNG monster to obtain the recipe you actually want without the added randomness of obtaining a recipe at all.

Would it be too much of an ask to guarantee the recipe drops and keep the RNG at a singular level?

2 Likes

No, I am not happy. You need to be lucky to roll a recipe and then you have 1/41 chance to roll what you need.

10 Likes

They are. The recipes in the Vaults are ones that come from the various NPC’s/Tablets on Exiled Lands (eg. Midnight Alchemist), as well as the Archives.

3 Likes

Yes, those are 1/20ish to get what you want and you always get a recipe with the fragment. They are different than the vault ones. The vault ones are basically the old library scrolls + important scrolls such as grandmaster armorsmith/weaponsmith

4 Likes

Indeed. That 1/41 is RNG enough.

2 Likes

Actually, midnight alchemist is not even part of that table.

These are the extra recipes other than the EL library ones:

You can get midnight alchemist from the recipe fragments where the chance is 1/200 :rofl: But with server transfers coming, Funcom have stated that they want to keep the maps somewhat different.

1 Like

I would like to see Funcom, at least, add an algorithm to prioritize recipes the character has not learned over recipes the character has already learned until the list is completed (then it can RNG all it wants).

8 Likes

Different is fantastic, and I’m all for it. Relative improbability is not as fantastic. A 1/200 chance and a 1/41 chance multiplied by the chance of an actual recipe drop is not exactly exciting.

5 Likes

Those can give you pretty much any recipe available on the map except for maybe the tower ones since they are newly added, basically you can get something as useless as relic hunter banners or something rare like midnight alchemist or any of the delving recipes. There are 200 recipes in that table.

I have not found this specific table in the DevKit but judging by the rest I have seen, I doubt that some recipes are set to be common than others.

1 Like

The time/reward isn’t worth it to me and would have to be significantly improved for me to want to run them to try to farm recipes.

1 Like

Here’s a rant. I gave up trying to find Grandmaster Armorer after my 500th vault. I’m just super pissed with this ridiculous system. I was hoping I could pop over to EL, get the recipe and come back to IoS. Ran lots of statues at the pools for over 30 recipes and kept getting delvable weapons. They should not be in the pool imo.

1 Like

A little RNG isn’t that bad in my opinion, at least online that is…
You can always ask people on the server if they trade sell or help you with the recipes.

When there is no RNG the chances of getting in contact with other players is far less in my experience. Because you can do everything solo.

But I’m seeing this maybe too positive.

I’ve found three of those. It really makes me wonder if different vaults have different pools because I ran Demonic spider vaults 80% of the time for the added benefit of high XP levelling thralls.(there’s no way in hell I’d do that many vaults otherwise) so it helped keep me going, but I seemed to get a lot of the same stuff like merchant signs, so I think I’d better try different vaults in case.

1 Like

This was the one I was trying to get, got 20 spares until I got it so I guess rng being rng :smiley:

1 Like

Not according to the devkit.

2 Likes

No, not everything but the setup for the large chests in the vaults in particular is pretty straight forward.

No surprise there, the sword of crom does not come from the chests :smiley:

2 Likes

A little RNG is fine, I agree. RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG is not fine, really.

With that said, you can’t really rely on other people/clans having the recipes you need because, hey, RNG is universal and the likelihood of having specific recipes is low; the odds of having multiple to trade is astronomical.

It’s good to be positive as long as you stay within the realm of reason. :wink:

3 Likes

Both the one in the west and north. The spiders are easier to kill than Snakemen/Wolfmen/Bats and give more XP to boot. I could get an Aesir Warrior from level 0-10 in one run, however the accur-sed Accursed take considerably longer to level.

On another note I hope they are able to fix the surge warriors soon, it’s been a long wait. I worked long and hard solo doing surges to acquire, train and outfit them.

Since the bug I’ve had to test them one by one trying to work out what works best, then take all their Eldarium greatswords(about 30) away and craft Maces(slightly better) then capture, (painfully)level and outfit as many Accursed as replacements as I can because they work as intended. So many hours and resources wasted there.

:rofl:

This has been my biggest gripe with Siptah right from the start, and it looks like they have no intention of making it substantially better. From what I’ve seen so far, it looks like they’re willing to shuffle slot machines around and tweak their parameters, but I believe that’s as far as they’ll go. :confused:

1 Like

I don’t mind having a bit of RNG for rare weapons/items of course, been happily grinding Red mother recently…, but possibly taking years to obtain a well-known and quite necessary crafting recipe that I can get in EL within 30 minutes is terrible.

3 Likes