Buff 30 Vitality Perk

I see that you’ve replied to me specifically, but your reply doesn’t seem relevant to any of my arguments. I don’t think anyone has argued that it’s difficult to farm food.

The only reason I mentioned food is because I think it’s silly having to cram down 10 roasted haunches or aloe soups every few minutes to stay topped-off on health. Our characters should all be spherical blobs given how much food they all eat!

3 Likes

As far as PvE endgame goes, there’s a lot of time spent helping newbies learn the game, participating in each others’ purges, refining the artistry of our building techniques… I mean it’s a sandbox game, we make our own enjoyment. If people run out of things to do and get bored, then so be it. A large tree (base) falling in the forest makes room for others.

@Fable I am happy to offer my input buddy, but when it comes to matters concerning PvP, and online multiplayer in general, I am giving an ‘unqualified’ viewpoint as I do not play online at all. I have never played PvP or PvE on my console, only watched online footage of it. There are a couple of reasons for this. The first is that in my country internet is pretty lackluster; unlimited data is not a given, unreliable signal and pretty expensive to boot. But the main reason is that I just dont like the set up. Trolls running around everywhere insulting people, inane player/headset chatter constantly in the background, people winning dishonourably on the back of exploits, ugly structures everywhere ruining the beauty of landscape like walled off towns and Obelisks, ugghh…!! I could go on for hours.

The whole reason I started playing Conan Exiles was because I wanted a game to play which would substitute my Skyrim experience until the Elder Scrolls 6. I want to be able to just lose myself in the scenic landscape, and feel a sense of adventure. I found that this game not only parallels that solitary wandering journey experience I got from Skyrim, but in some departments, outright surpasses it. For example, CEs religion system makes Skyrims look paper thin, and the diversity of environments annihilates it too (eg- theres no volcano, jungle, desert, etc in Skyrim).

By far my preferred genre is Survival Horror, where its usually always stressful, high stakes, misery, dank suburban areas. I play games like Skyrim to lose and immerse myself in a tranquil and immersive natural environment. Essentially to de-stress. I simply cannot do that in PvP. For me personally, PvP reminds me too much of a third person battle royale/deathmatch system found in CoD and Fortnite style games, except with building elements. I dont for a second scorn or begrudge players their decision to play PvP, its just not my cup of tea.

All I know is that it feels like almost all decisions are made with PvP in mind first and foremost, while PvE and Singleplayers are an after thought. Im not sure that a solution which will please everyone either does or can exist. However I will offer this; in future titles, I hope that Funcom (and other companies too) balance each mode seperately, and do not use a universal balance system as we have here. Because, stating the obvious here, what balances one mode often unbalances others. Those are my two cents.

4 Likes

@zerog Certainly doesnt seem to be the case with this title. PvP rebalancing seems to be somehow making life more difficult AND more mundane for PvE and Singleplayer modes. On that note, buddy…please…dont forget that we have 3 modes of play in CE; not just PvP and PvE. Singleplayers and their mode do exist.

1 Like

Nothing should be changed to a state where it is just not worth using for the sake of that. If something it too strong, it should be dialed back or replaced with something else. It should not be just removed or practically removed.

Right now, it takes a thirty stat investment to get what basically functions worse than a 10 stat investment in Survival.

1 Like

That doesn’t matter. You can get uncooked feral or human meat almost anywhere, even in dungeons, and all you have to do is select the button for it every once in awhile. Then you have to consider that 10 survival has a cost of 15 points to obtain, while just going from 20 to 30 survival has a cost of like 55 points.

Which no one is asking for (at least I am not).

1 Like

To follow up on this.
Most of the changes made to the difficulty 2 patches ago were a great update to the challenge of the game. I mean great in both senses - made it much more challenging and it was a fantastic improvment to the game.

They were all genuine increases to the difficulty of the game.
The undocumented stealth nerf/alleged graphical glitch (still no official word) is not a genuine increases in difficulty. It makes the game no harder, just more tedious.
It is a failed attempt at manufactured difficulty.

As far as I am aware, over powered passive regen barely rated a mention on these forums until it was… Whatever happened to it.

2 Likes

I AGREE. But only to buff it from 0.5 to 1.0 or 1.5, absolutely no bleed immunity as we have a item to remove it and it would cause a large number of weapons to be come utterly useless when using heavy attacks.

2 Likes

Instead of bleed immunity, it could just increase the speed at which bleeding heals. So as long as they are still stacking bleed it will keep going, but once they stop, bleed would naturally stop 50% sooner.

Well if a stack of bleed was reapplied then it would reset the duration of how long bleed lasts but bleed should decay faster naturally if 5-10 second has passed after combat ended. But the bleed wraps are nice to carry. 1 stack is usually more than enough. I get poisoned more than bleed. But. Next time I make a character I’ll focus on Set as he has I think special antidotes.

Yes I know I can have any religion but I like to play a RP way of combat.

Oh it is, you stated it’s terrible for solo players and in PvE, but in my experience, and I repeat, maybe your fellings are different and I respect it, you have tons of food after 1 hour of play so it’s not.

If you referring it’s terrible to have to use tons of food to heal, well, in each game I ever played it’s like this, if it’s not food it’s anyway to use tons of heals. (at least at low levels, because In my experience I use 20 healing item in 2-3 complete runs of the Unnamed City for example)

I think it’s right, and again, your feeling could be different, I respect it, but I also think it could be very abusable in the other case, in PvP, but also in PvE while farming several boss fight like in Unnamed City, having the “I run in circle while you can’t hit me” stategy just to recover health.

Of course you can use it anyway, but I least is part of game balancing to have to use some healing item to do it.

Thanks. Much appreciated. :smile:

I have a pvp server with pve settings. I have real life matters to attend to along with game play. So I tweaked what people want . we are happy except a few and they can break off to a pvp when they want. This is a game and should be fun for people of all inclinations.

3 Likes

Feel free to correct me anyone if Im wrong, but I am fairly certain that it was only actually nerfed by 0.5 or 1.0 per second in the aforemention update in question. The one @HonkyLips mentioned. So I am all for bumping it back up a mere 0.5 or 1.0 per second, which would in turn restore it to its most recent previous values. Thats all we want and need!!

I know this must sound trivial or petty when we look at the numerical values, however it is amazing sometimes how such a small and seemingly insignificant change can have such a large knock on effect, and make other peoples, and ultimately overall modes of play, much less enjoyable. Unfortunately, this seems to be one such case. @sestus2009 summed it up quite well here. The game is supposed to be fun. We have real lives too. It should not feel like every second play session is dedicated to grinding the bare basics, so that we can have an actual play session the following one.

2 Likes

Any one interested in joining a shameful boosted no loss on life server contact me at psn sestus2009. We are US EST all regions welcome.

I clarify my ideas. The whole subject of life is because you have to carry a load of food, potions ect. to cure you ?. If the answer is affirmative, it is clear that you do not know how to play survival games. If the answer is no, the next question is: do you want the game even easier ?. in conclusion you complain because you do not know how to play with some difficulty and you want something easy.

The pvp or pve is the same. Previously when you fought against an enemy, you received damage and to heal you, you went away two meters and you could have life to the fullest again. the rate of recovery of life was ridiculously high. I think it is good that you ask for better healing methods but not that the regeneration index is increased. I play on pvp servers individually, I only relocate, I only slaves and I fight alone. and I do not go crying for forums that is difficult but I complain that they put things easy. ,

You decide quality of life, I call it vagrancy, as it is possible that quality of life is to make things easier, it is called not knowing how to play. I know there are people who do not have a lot of free time because of jobs etc. Well the solution is clear: look for servers that best suit you, but do not ask them to modify the game because YOU want a game mode.

You call it quality of life, I call it not wanting to work, as it is possible that quality of life is to make things easier, it is called not knowing how to play. I know there are people who do not have a lot of free time because of jobs etc. Well the solution is clear: look for servers that best suit you, but do not ask them to modify the game because YOU want a game mode.
When you buy a survival game it is clear that the game consists of collecting resources, building, defending your belongings, etc. and if you are not willing to do it, do not buy it. Now those who do not accept what I say would say that I offended them and complained, but the truth is that they can not accept what I tell them, even if it is true.

Respect those who say: life in the pve is different, I’m sorry it’s a lie. The only difference currently with the pvp is that you can only build to your liking because the game say what they say has a clear pvp character and all the improvements they have done so far has been to improve the pvp.

It’s pretty much garbage players calling for nerfs 100% of the time. It’s easy to adopt the meta and even break the meta in certain situations. The only time players who are decent at pvp call for nerfs is when something is truly broken. Sure, spear/light meta is strong but it’s easily beatable with other strategies. The one broken thing about pvp imo is how useless heavy armor is. It might be fine for me if I could at least climb with the same stamina as light armor, but in reality heavy armor has wayyy too many detriments to be useful on anything except a thrall.

If you just keep replaying the game over and over shouldn’t you be glad that it gets harder due to changes? In theory, each time you beat it, it should get easier.

Of course the game must be improving, always forward. what is asked in this suggestion is a return to a system that did not work well

What I want to express in the previous post is that you can not go back to old systems that funcom already improved. currently the game is much better than it started is true and is still improvable. that’s why I dismiss this suggestion because it is to backtrack with the life regeneration system. It is clearly a step back.

2 Likes

Also when I’m bored and feel the need to shuffle the deck.

Some of those you mentioned keep on guessing what’s the issue to their best effort, but fail at it coz they can’t point their fingers below the hood, let alone where the hood is.

Also they are not garbage. I hope that’s not your actual view of people who simply can’t hit a target they can’t see.