[bug] Purge not happening in Single Player

Single Player:

I tweaked my settings again, still no dice. Purge interval to 1, threshold at 250. Built another new base. Left it for 30 minutes, still nothing.

1 Like

Hey Kaziklu,

I got some admin commands to help you try stuff. I’ve been getting successful Purges now (both admin and non admin commands). I thought to be helpful I would write up a separate post for people to use for testing through the weekend and what not.

1 Like

Oh yes, please, it’s really time-consuming testing purge. This would be handy.

Just tested this in Singelplayer. Put up a small base with a bed. Killed some stuff and purgemeter got to max, after a few minutes purge started. Used these setteing for test.

1 Like

Ok, i give it a try with these settings, let’s see if we can have similar results… :joy:

1 Like

Made a post here with all the admin fun times.

2 Likes

So in other words one could say the Purge is bugged because the bloody thing doesn’t happen unless you have a fairly narrow set of setting in single player and might need to be tweaked to happen more reliably.

Of course… if you need to set the threshold to 10. That seems nuts.

Were you in a clan or solo?

I don’t understand that part where people use extreme settings and say… hey the purge works just fine see if you set things to a ludicrous set of options.

There is clearly an issue. As I have said…

More than that if there is a bug I have tried to give my settings where I can. Rather than trying to prove that the purge can happen. See if a bug exists when the purge is set similarly. See if you can find what causes the bug. Don’t load a game set the threshold to ten and say see everything is fine.

There I edited the OP to add reproduction steps so hopefully people realize even though I put bug in the title, tagged it bug and stated it was a bug and how it showed up… that I’m not just confused on how the purge works and that I’m asking for help.

I’ll take a look this weekend. I’ve started getting reinvested in my live game.

Though honestly I’d like to see the purge just work… I mean… it’s been 9 months since launch.

I only did this to test if the purge hit , I didn’t want to play for hours with normal settings, so I used this settings. I put up the base with admin spawn stuff.
I only played for about 15 minutes

If I miss read I apologize.

1 Like

Mostly we’re not on testlive to play the game for the game, but to do several tests.
So yes, hyper-tweaked settings are part of it. It can give clues to what is going on, or what doesn’t work correctly.

We all hope having a well working purge where each can alter the settings after he’s likening, especially on singleplayer. :wink:

So, like said, i tried your settings. Went in game, created a fresh char, and go.

Mostly i drop my first bedroll near the shattered bridge, this time i chosed to build a small shelter/sandstone house here to see.
Shortly after i put my door on my small hut, the purge horn announced a purge. And what purge !
I mean, at this place, on the southern part of the river, i’m used to no sandstorm, and no purge at all. It was a big purge, several waves with heavy armored cimmerians, 2h swords, and more. About 10 people the wave. Heavy really for a new char ! :blush:
The wrecked quickly my shelter, killed me several time. I rebuild the house, a bit bigger, 6 foundation, with a sandstone wall around.
Hadn’t time to do much more, second purge hit in. Same than previous, verioucious cimmerians for most, archers lot, and spearmens. They wrecked the wall with ease.
Lot of fun, heavy combat, oh my !
Then i rebuild the house in stonebrick, same size, bize upgraded version.
Horn sounded, next purge. What ? Imps, are you serious, 3 imps, ah no, there is a boss coming, but still. :rofl:

But then, meter still full, no more purge, nothing more. I waited over 90 min approx, nothing.
I will see if there will be others purges, but i had this problem in the past. With a new game the purge may trigger a few time, then meter stay full, or not, but nothing will happen more.

So, that’s today feedback for purge. Need also do some things rl, so next this evening, or tomorrow.

In my opinion, the meter should NEVER decrease even if you are offline. If you did the work to get the meter up, it should stay there. This is a big sticking point with me. I play in Testlive US1, US2, and US3. My meter in US3 completely zeroed out over night while offline. That is a bit ridiculous if you are the only one in your clan and still want the purge to hit.

1 Like

Well being as this is a Single Player game you are never logged out. As the Purge meter doesn’t go down if the server is offline. As a Single Player game is never active with the primary player not playing it never decrease. Just as Thralls in a wheel of pain don’t break if you aren’t playing. Which means you have to be playing to get your thralls.

It is one of the down sides to it.

Have you tried set up a dedicated server? It run all the time and you don’t have to worry that it stops when you log off. It works tha same as a regular server.

I know this thread was discussing the single-player game, but I added an issue with the servers, which do stay online.

If they are going to fix the purge, it needs to be for servers and solo-player.

I test in all environments, but currently focused on the servers.

This discussion here is more about purge in singleplayer.
I admit, on server this may be an other problem again. The decreasing meter is instead a problem on server. A thing i could relate on it is log-in as admin, or simply go some time to settings. What is strange, i must say.

Again, problems may be sometimes similar from singleplayer to server, but not still.
Most people on singleplayer have pain seeing a purge at all. So this is more about testing if and how we can trigger a purge, and how often.

/facepalm

I just tested in Test-Live Single-Player.

Here are the settings that I used.

Within 90 minutes I had a purge (Hyena Pack) literally under the Shatter Bridge Icon on the map.

First wave - killed the hyenas. It took a while to find that wandering hyena pup. I killed it and ended the first wave.

Second wave - killed the hyenas, killed the were-hyena, killed one hyena that was stuck in the river (which it took a while to find), but I COULD NOT find the last “hyena” to kill to end the second wave. I checked the weeds for any pups and checked the water for any hyenas stuck in the water to no avail.

The purge ended at the 30 minute mark.

2 Likes

Nice test to !

Hyenas are not to bad, and you picked same place as i did.
Now what i’m interested is to know if purge will still go on, or if it will stop after 2-3 purges in the beginning of the game. I had this case in the past where purges was triggered at the start of a new singleplayer game, but then stoped, and never worked again.
But this need time, i agree.

I try start my party today if i have a moment, and see what will happen.