Can we Please get a Compass In Conan Exiles!

A compass would be a helpful feature. Rust proved how helpful it is especially for team communication.
I can already craft weapons out of starmetal and a teleporter… so why not?

As @Caffeine said: easier to navigate in EL, hard to do in IoS.

Mounaineer / Alpinist youth trainer here

1 Like

Dunno if it’s just me, but the game map isn’t that huge. You learn it and north/south/east/west pretty fast.

And out of combat you have quick access to compass anyway. Also in combat but more risky.

In combat half the players get confused by north/south/whatever… Often even by right/left lol

Using landmarks has worked way better for me.

1 Like

I played a game that had no compass or map, and that game was called Dark Age of Camelot, the whole experience wasn’t pleasant and I Loved that game and played for many years. (Head North until you get to the dead tree, once there head Due east until you get to the white rock). Nah, that’s not fun.

We have maps IRL for a reason, it’s just easier. And most people here saying you don’t need one probably use their GPS to get everywhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, please!

At the very first week playing this game I thought: “Gosh, I wish I had a compass”. But later on I learned to use all those giant buildings and landmarks to navigate. It is so charming and kinda barbaric. Need North? Look around and find the volcano spikes. Use watch towers with flames to navigate between sandy and green region. Feel lost in swamplands? Well, that is exactly the whole point of swamplands!!!

The Exiled lands map is filled with nice reference points, we even use them for in-game communications to meet for trading. A compass will destroy that lovely navigation.

1 Like

Is anyone saying you don’t need a map? I only said you learn the map pretty fast and soon you don’t really need it 95% of the time.

We have map and compass in game. I don’t think more than what’s already there is necessary.

1 Like

A few have said they don’t want a map at all, so yes. You can see all the messages in here. Besides that what Compass are you referring to?

2 people said they don’t think you should start with a map. No one said it should be removed completely.

And on the map you can see what direction you are heading. Has exactly the same function as a compass.

What a joke, the point of a compass I’m referring to is so you don’t have to open the map at all to see what way you are heading.

1 Like

It still has exactly the same function. Having a compass on the main UI would only save you 2 seconds once in a while. And still, after a while you learn the map and hardly need to check the map for directions anymore… Not a joke…

I’m going to assume you play Exiled, which is more true then Siptah. Exiled has more landmarks and sure might open the map there less, but Exiled is also easy mode compared to Siptah.

A lot more then 2 seconds it would save you, but I’m not here to convince you, It was a suggestion for the Dev team.

I didn’t expect you to try and convince me. I just write my reasons why I think the dev team’s time is better spent elsewhere.

No I don’t have IOS, but if you are on PC just play with mods.

Ofc it takes time to learn a new map, but after a month I bet it would be the same for me on IOS. You don’t have to play it, there’s plenty of videos. I kinda know what IOS looks like.

So this is what it comes down to, I do not know about Exiled but Siptah has lost so many players, the Official Server I play on went from Avg of about 15 people to now there is barely 3 on at a time, Funcom needs to do something to add “Fun” back into the game.

A Compass is part of that. Is it needed no, but on Siptah it would be very useful and make this insane Grind go faster vs opening the map so much.

And that’s where WoW got things right, Addons that made sense they incorporated into their Base game, Quality of Life Things need put in Conan Exiles. Funcom really needs to think outside the box to turn Siptah around because it’s dying very fast, and I imagine Exiled isn’t much different.

1 Like

depends on how you view it… imo a survival game shouldn’t have all the QoL things you expect of other games.

I personally like how DayZ made compass an in-game item you have to equip and look at. But ofc that would be more work than just looking at the map in CE

I guess it depends how you play, I have gamma toned down a smedge… so Nights are… dark, like Dragons Dogma Dark… you forget a torch? your waltzing off a cliff with .00001 of second notice. XD

I tend to open map… a compass item be neat. Specailyl if it only weighed 0.2, and worked in item belt. (like minecraft) Console works abit differntly. So hit or miss.

I’d really be happy if Map remember that I zoom’d in. Instead of having to do it every single time, then tap r3 to move it over me since it doesnt zoom on me… -_-’

3 Likes

Maybe compass would not be so needed if we had WORKING map (M key)
Now when i wan’t to see what direction im going i have to press M and wait 3 SECONDS FREEZED GAME to see map, being completelly vulnerable to everything, one minute later i wan’t to open it again and it freezes again for good 3 SECONDS!

1 Like

That´s for sure :wink:

Ohh fellow Dragon’s Dogma mate!
As I said, compass would not be needded if we had working map (M key) - now it freezes game for 3 seconds.

The map button d right isn’t causing problems for Ps4 users such as Sera67 as far as freezing. Having the map cursor centering on player would be a plus.

2 Likes

On PC it’s main issue with map.

1 Like

Freezing can get you killed for sure. I find that a good percentage of the time when going into the map symbol representing character is not pointing the direction you are facing.

1 Like