Can you please remove the name of players in event log PVP? It is killing the game

No it’s not my problem its the person who attacked me problem now I’m 100% secure its starts with the camel you wanna raid me while I’m offline then you should be able to pay the price and if I dont know who it was guess what happens it’s a survival game my survival is the only one that counts unless I’m in a clan

Worst part is everyone that joins the server I give them free stuff and then you gonna turn around and steal it kill something of mine ya NO

Quite an old yet active topic, thought ied chime in. Lots of debate on whether or not its “survival” or “realistic” to have detailed logs with player names. In short, yes its very realistic. To explain and detail how it can be made more effective Funcom can link all logs to player and thrall location. If someone raids you or access’ your containers while you are away or offline and there is a thrall in that location it makes sense that the thrall would see the action. Kill the thrall and it should remove the log entirely. This forces you to use your thralls creatively and to protect them. Ultimately making the survival aspect of the game very realistic. Read a comment about how there is no “all seeing eye” or some nonsense like that when in fact most bases are spammed with defensive thrall and if the men and women you entrust to guard your base dont report back then they dont deserve to live.

2 Likes

I have been having problem with thralls and pets defending maybe I’m placing them wrong but ppl just stroll into my compound and they seem to do nothing ppl steal fish my croc sitting right beside the trap ?? Stole stuff out of a box pet sitting right next to it. My wheel of pain has a t4 thrall and t3 archer defending it guy just came up and took my t3 thrall. Does scouting mode work better then defending for defense wise??

His point is pointless anyway I can teleport around the map magically I drink a potion and a dungeon magically appears elevators magically run themselves water wells magically fill themselves no matter where you place them and so on and so on.

1- So I can retaliate the scum
2- So I can retaliate the right scum
I don’t want to have to wipe every neighbor I have just because one doesn’t have the balls to do it clean.

1 Like

This may be a revival of this older post, but has this been implemented already? I want to take over a spot that a clan pretty much just land claimed to just be jerks so this information from anyone who would know more currently. I can’t fight back against 10 plus another 10 thralls and the clan isn’t on right now.

correct, player names are not showing in the event log.

2 Likes

Thank you! Let the attack begin!

1 Like

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo, he estado en muchos servers y esto como clan alfa o como solitario refuerza mucho el modo supervivencia ya que uno tiene que estar al pendiente de sus cosas.
Las ventajas como solitario serían que pases desapercibido las desventajas son que muchos se conectan con cuentas secundarias a solo molestar.
Como clan alfa la ventaja sería tus aliados y la comunidad crecería mucho más, la desventaja es que muchos clanes alfa al no ver los ID de las personas que los raidearon, se la pasan raideando a quien se les atraviese. Un saludo a todos.

Solo players would be OP. If you play solo, you need to use guérilla warfare. This is as it should be, because you’re outnumbered. You can’t just build one base in a well known location. Spread your stuff out. If bigger clans couldn’t see you taking their stuff, then they’d probably just wipe everyone else on the server anyways.

I agree about removing event logs/limiting the info given. It was fun when that feature was down.

2 Likes

I would consider that PVP server non PVP. It is not a bad thing. but if all the big clans get along, and no one is fighting, then it is in essence PVE. AI would be interested how the whole server would react if a clan of 4-5 people came on, leveled up, hit a few OB’s, stole some animals and killed a few thralls. Mind you, they did this without offline raiding, and without ever really joining in the community on their “events”. woudl the big clans decide they don’t belong?

This was proven wrong, as o saw no posts of genicidal Alphas when we had about a month of no name event logs, and also no tagging of bases. The server i played on became a more fun place, as people just played, and left their bro-codes and butthurts out of it.

Yet again the debug info event log killed the pvp servers. See I told you.

I agree most pvp servers behave like pve servers, nobody attacks for fear of retaliation due to magical debug informstion event log, its shameful.

3 Likes

Event log and player list should be removed for PVP. The same with the decay timer in hours.

This is not a survival game!!!

I would like to see this happen again, it was briefly happening for a time and I kind of liked even being on the receiving end of it doing the detective work of who is around us, is this a raid for profit or a grudge hit, etc, and a person we ultimately ended up wiping as one of the suspects we found out was the one who raided us.

I like that kind of mystery and detective work, maybe they need to implement a thrall scouting system of players though, so you get a thrall log if they survive of who they have seen etc.

I disagree. The event log has its purpose especially when investigating suspected cheaters.

However, I propose changing the event log regarding a solo player raiding someone else to be turned into a minigame or quest - where if the person who raided was alone you have to follow clues to figure out who it was. Would only apply to solo players though.

i agree, lets more backstabbing and whatnot with no names

so we go back to early version ? because in early acces it was like that :slight_smile: