Cleaning up my act plus a surprising twist

So you will allow me once again to share another experience that I had with @anon83039162 not days ago. I said it a lot of times what kind of person this girl is so I don’t have to repeat again, I believe we all know the value of this person. She was really upset with the toxicity that one clan had against all players but to the server too. Their builds were, how can I put it… I don’t give a f… k about anyone else. So I jumped to this server to pvp scout their builds. I might have found ten outposts of them, others half done, others abandoned. Some others were just aggressively great height foundation walls full of spikes around it. I won’t mention their monstrosities in the center of the map. But at the time I was searching for them I found and some others, players trying to occupie a whole block of the map, or half of the island (the small ones :rofl::rofl::rofl:). In 3728 a lot of nice players arrived and then the went on this Siptah server, they are devoted builders but really good and kind persons. Ofcurce these persons had really big builds too, yet that are always kind and helpful to others. So I asked her, what if we call Zendesk here and not only these fools get a ban? What if the others be punished too? This fear is holding me back since now, I can’t proceed to an act that may hurt good guys too. That is the exact reason I want these rules so bad, I don’t want to point fingers, I hate pointing fingers. And even if these good persons loose I will try to give them back, that’s why I decided to start and play in this server so when the time comes to help them, this is the best I can do.

4 Likes

You are both observing in an objective way. Mage, you’re seeing the world in a good way, one with only expressed negative intent, for the purpose of expanding the debate. I could have specified the player was intentionally despawning the brimstone and the iron for the entire chunk. And you could, by right, counter.

Same with stelagel: you are in a tough position. Objectively, each side could throw stones from their respective glass houses.

In both cases we have evidence and opinions, but until we’re part of Funcom’s server committee, the judgment is not up to us.

I recently reported a player on my server for attempting to run the now-patched Chat glitch. ZenDesk worked flawlessly. I won’t comment on whether action was taken, or if I even know any progress other than “acknowledged.”

The Eastern Island case pre-dated the reporting system. I affectionately call that area Jamaica Bay, and although I coveted it, I’m in CodeMage’s camp. The dudes were just playing the game, and I probably wouldn’t have thought about reporting them.

4 Likes

I had to read more than once to understand… You are right, it is not my call if they’ll be banned, my call is just a question, is this right, I ain’t going to decide this, Funcom will. So yes, from now on I will put this in mind, that all I do is ask, not report for ban, at least this way I would have less second thoughts about it, thanks @Barnes.

1 Like

What’s not surprising is in the aftermath of this, very little has changed. I took down an underwater maproom near Set City, in Nekhet, that my mate had built. I probably wouldn’t have taken the time to dismantle it had it not been for the new rules. It’s about footprint, after all.

The surprising thing is I feel emboldened to continue another of my mate’s skeleton projects, a chasm bridge south of the Stinkhole. As a public work, it seems reasonable to me, somewhere between RP and helpful. As it stands, nobody has complained about it causing lag, so I think I’ll proceed.

2 Likes