Conan Exiles a Niche in the Survival Genre?

Sure I will add one h3rb1. The ability to either disable to NPC camps landclaim radius, or even the ability to adjust the size of the landclaim diameter in the Admin Panel via a slider would be wonderful please.

4 Likes

I remember in the Diablo 2 Resurrected Beta client they had a bug report button IN-GAME. So you found a bug, press it and type your text and send it immediatly whilst being inside the game to not interrupt your flow.

But in Conan we need to leave the game, go to some special website, start typing personal information and other stuff and then the bug report, take your own pictures and video proof and think about how to provide the evidence to them.

Just no. I want to play the game and if I can submit bugs/exploits inside the game flow it is much easier and more convenient.

5 Likes

On PC — yay, but on consoles — neigh :slight_smile:

1 Like

So implement an in-line reporting system for PC and keep the reporting forums for consoles. Many bugs are platform-agnostic anyway, so quickly identifying and fixing bugs in the PC build helps the console players too, eventually.

4 Likes

Sound good, but, the stability bug with the stage pieces made it to the PlayStation when it was already addressed in both PC and Xbox.

I will also advocate for a console “test live” since again, the PS suffered from two issues not present on the other platforms, “freezing every 5 seconds”, and unable to join PVE-C servers on the Exiles Land map, both introduced by and not fixed with each update.

4 Likes

And I’ll back that call. There really needs to be some way to do this if at all possible. On PC testlive the closest we can get is finding stability/performance issues that affect lower spec PCs and extrapolate that this might cause problems on consoles. The differences in architecture make it far too easy for bugs to slip through, and console patches/hotfixes take too long for that to be a good situation. Much as I may not like it, I can understand why testlive goes live to PC pretty quickly (and unfixed), because that can be fixed fairly quickly, but consoles are not the same situation at all.

3 Likes

On a previous post I suggested a graphic selection option, now we have two.

This is a step in the right direction specially with the addition of the FOV slider.

Just more work is needed to make those options look perfect on the PS (I will go as far as saying that I would even take the pre 2.3 graphics at this point).

3 Likes

Looks the differences in not only architecture but, between the DevKit PS4 and the Retail PS4!

Now, this could be an isolated incident however, it highlights the need for a PS4 testlive more than ever.

2 Likes

Your suggestiong are great for single player, and private server ls, like we discussed on your original thread on this matter, and looks like there’s finally a dev response (good to have that thread!).

I would go a step further and suggest that they add a marker while on build mode, so that we can see restricted areas. Perhaps the area around the no-build zone turns red, and its yellow when close to the border, finally green when far away enough.

5 Likes

Well, looks like the server and player reporting has been streamlined with the updated rules, this is a good start. I would still want to see something integrated within the games…one day!

1 Like

Thats kind of you to say. Thanks @h3rb1.

A number of people have suggested this now, and may not be a bad idea. The landscape of buildable locations has changed so much now, it would be beneficial to be able to make an informed and strategic choice where to build ahead of time.

I would also throw my support behind this one. While its true that I am fairly limited in the amount of time I get to play each week, every little bit helps. And accumulatively, the feedback we as console players could offer would mean fewer bugs slipping the net and making to live.

2 Likes