DLC - In case your thinking of buying it

, ,

Why?? Isn’t everyone all wearing Silent Legion anyway?? If not, just assume they are and act accordingly. If they’re not, then it’ll be an easier fight.

2 Likes

For full epicness that picture needs Hardened Steel sword for comparison… GG Funcom… DLC weapons as they are post update are not cosmetic they are waste of materials!

It kills the immersion? Silent legion is a separate issue but in a perfect world people would use w wide variety of item sets and visual identification is part of the game. Its open pvp game with full loot, i dont want to fly around EvE Online fighting Battlecruisers disguised as Frigates.

I was thinking i could use that to arm my Cimmerian Berserkers with them but then i checked… they have better gear already.

If one can only skin heavy armor, with other heavy armors, does it matter?
Afterall, these are Blizzard Transmogrification conventions, and they have done PvP for a LONG time.

IMHO what we got after the update is far from fine line… fine line would have been either 1 to 1 Star Metal stats and crafting material requirements or 1 damage point lower for every weapon and lower crafting material requirements.

If it costs Star Metal to make, it should have either Star Metal stats, or cost much less Star Metal to make, period.

1 Like

Industry first “Pay to Lose” DLC. Well done guys.

2 Likes

Please create a support thread for this issue @andylee0905 I’ll try to reply asap

It is cosmetic. I personally like the cosmetics alone.

Skins are cosmetic. This is cosplay, not cosmetic.
It’s the difference between being Batman, whose costume is a bullet proof vest, and a cosplayer, who plays batman, who wears a garbage bag with the batman emblem on it.

1 Like

Those people can craft Iron tier version and run around happy!

Non of this makes any sense…

Why not just make the star metal Khitai stuff stats exactly identical to that of existing star metal?

I …actually think they are overcompensating on purpose. Like… trolling the world a bit. Causing a system shock, by going WAYYY the other direction for good measure. Passive aggressive revenge?

1 Like

hey shadoza also want to be able to craft the medium and heavy armor when we unlock them… i dont know about all players but many will have a hard time getting elephant hide and gold dust at level 10… hell they cant even make the grinder till level 17 anyway

2 Likes

I made a topic on the suggestion forums on how to fix DLC.
Summary:

1. make a “skin” (similar as dye) option for weapons/armor were you can pick your DLC skins. No need to craft, just pick a skin for your weapons.

other idea:
2) Make DLC give the recipe for a consumable item (similar to weapon/armor upgrade items) that consume your weapon/armor and give you the Khitan equivalent (including Flawless).

Check my post and comment possible solutions to this mess.

you know what… your exactly right… because if i were going to pvp… i would wear legion disguised as light armor and a 2hnd bone axe disguised as a stone 2nd…

lol that would be a mess for sure…

yeah it would matter in the world of pvp… in WoW you can click on a person… and the fact they are making everything in wow scale-able even pvp levels ( right now lvl 60’s are killing lvl 120’s in BFA ) … it doesn’t really matter what you have on…

but in CE is a different story…

because the example i gave up above could be done backwards… light armor on and looking like legion just for kicks… then someone kills you and all they get is light armor?! oh yeah wow doesn’t have looting… why even bring up wow??? totally different mate…

Hey atleast they would be on the top for that list!

… LOL LOL LOL what people say sometimes is AMAZING… yeah why would we want anything good that we pay for… DUH

hmm no thanks… seriously… after thinking it over… having “new” items in game is a great thing… but having those new items SUCK isn’t so cool… its like the reptile weapons… NO ONE USES THOSE … sorry… just needed to shout that out… they are lvl 30 gear found in the harshest end game spot… MAKES NO SENSE…

the game all around needs to be fixed…

The Khitan heavy armor set needs Elephant hide like Raider set, but the armor value is much lower only as good as lv10 hvy armor.

It’s really useless. =.=

I’ll take the chest piece as example.
Raider Armor = lv 30, chest piece armor value = 151
Nordheimer Armor = lv 40, chest piece armor value = 159
Great Civilization Armor = lv 50, chest piece armor value = 151
Khitan Armor = lv 10, chest piece armor value = 101, but it needs elephant hide.

LOL even the default content is inconsistent, LOWER LEVEL = 159, HIGHER LEVEL = 151. I only check on the Feats window, is the actual armor really has 151 armor value for the lv 50 one ? Come on, things like this is considered as “bug”. Fix it already.

My base is sooo farrrrrrrr from elephant spawn, DO I REALLY HAVE TO TRAVEL A FEW MINUTES JUST TO CRAFT WORSE ARMOR SET ? Come on.

3 Likes

Im suggesting that DLC should only act as cosmetic. A skin slot or an item that changes the look of your weapon. Real simple.

3 Likes

I whole heartedly agree with this. I have written in favor of exactly this in countless forum posts before you.
Heavy armor on heavy armor skinning.
Medium on medium, light on light ETC.

2 Likes

i can accept if the weapons was just a coding error but the mats for the armor was planned and thats the more angry thing about it… they could of done silver dust on the base armor mats and no one would of cared as that is possible to get at low level

1 Like