Do not nerf the slaves in the PVE!

This doesn’t mean making players the heroes like super-heroes. One shouldn’t expect that a protagonist from a survival game will be like a hero from ARPG game. No. Making players the heroes means making players the heroes of their stories. Meaning that the player must be the main character, the one who does the job. This doesn’t mean that the player will be a powerful super-hero that wreсks everything on his path. This is still a survival game. You must survive.

Man just add sliders for thrall damage and hp and be done with it. PvP servers can adjust how strong they want thralls to be and solo players can do that too. Win-win. Why nerf them for everyone if that NEVER will please everyone ? Sliders do though.

The statment still makes no SENSE at all.

Nothing got changed for the player. NOTHING. How should we suddenly be the heroes? Just because a thrall makes lesser dmg? :smiley:

So if Funcom removes all thralls, you are then the Uber hero? Superman?

As I wrote in the other reply, if Funcom removes ALL thralls and pets, you suddenly become superman?

NOPE. Not even close. You make still the same crappy amount of dmg against bosses…

And thats where GOOD players used thralls. If you (not you directly, but players in general) only watched your thrall, while it cleared factions/cities, then you just wasted time. Because you (player) are way faster… The thrall AI doesnt always kick in. A thrall cannot dodge and when >2-3 people attack your thrall, the thrall sometimes doenst even attack for >30seconds.
A human player would make a roll to the side and attack again.

Again, you are not supposed to be an uber hero. You are supposed to be a hero like “a main protagonist”. A key character of the story. Like… I dunno… Holden Caulfield for example. He’s not a super hero, but he’s a main hero of his story.

Well… Yeah. If you make thralls weaker, they wont be able do clear dungeons and settlements by their own anymore. This is where you step in. Instead of watching how your thrall fights, you will start fighting to clear dungeons and settlements. And the thrall will merely assist you.

That’s the idea. You should be the main source of damage, not thralls. It doesn’t mean that you should do the same amount of damage that thralls did before nerf. No… Since you are playing a survival game, a player must be week to survive. Thralls just help you become a bit stronger to help you survive. But still you should survive. Not dominate and steamroll through all the content as a superpower superhero.

Honestly where does this argument always come from ? Who in their right mind watches Thralls clear settlements and bosses and then cry boredom ? Isn’t this playstyle YOUR fault and not the strong thralls ? I get that they are too strong right now but that argument just doesn’t fly.

2 Likes

I dunno. If you read the test live forum you will find plenty of those people who claim they’re bad at fighting and use thralls to fight for them and instead of them. Also they say something like “oh no, this nerf will make us wait longer till thralls kill a boss, this is dull”.

I could care less how powerful legacy thralls were, or prost leveling thralls were. All I care about currently is what Funcom’s vision is for the game and how difficult it is supposed to be. They apparently believe it’s currently too easy and are adjusting accordingly. I happen to agree with them and that’s coming from experience playing in all game modes.

2 Likes

Well the nerf will make it longer… Even when you fight with them.

Thats your idea. If we turn down dmg from thralls to the player dmg, the game gets alot harder for single player people on servers.

And why not? Why do you want to turn the game in “work” for everyone? Why does it have to be like every other survival game or Dark souls survival?

People WANT to dominate. Like CONAN. Thats the damn game. Not having generic survival game 3000 with kiting technics/hit&run tactics.

3 Likes

Preach!

That’s because bosses are broken too and require a complete overhaul.

I disagree.

I am certainly not among them.

Yeah. Which is why this discussion will NEVER satisfy everyone. If we really want to make everyone happy then seperating PvP balancing and PvE balancing NEEDS to happen! After that if you want to satisfy hardcore diffculty players like yourself and others that want it more leisurely : sliders need to be implemented to make it possible to adjust thrall damage / hp , player damage / hp and maybe even boss damage / hp to a certain degree. Maybe THAT will stop these pointless discussions between playercamps that are never gonna agree on something because their playstyle is fundamentally different in the first place.

But I am a PvE player. How we settle this between PvE players who are disagree on a game difficulty?

Like i said. Sliders. Adjustable Thrall HP / Damage , Player HP / Damage and Boss HP / Damage that Serveradmins or Solo-Players can set themselves to make it as easy / difficult as they want.

There are already sliders for how much damage NPC’s / Monsters deal and suffer…so why not add that for thralls too ?

EDIT: Just looked into the options and lo and behold! Players ALREADY have frickin sliders on how much damage they do and suffer. WHY is there so much whining in this forum on how weak players are again ?

I agree. Thralls are a resource. The highest end resource. But i honestly do not remember an NPC killing any of my cimmerian berserkers, and I am on PVP. Even then, since 1 player can (eventually) have 55, that is more than enough to make it tough to online raid. Offline raid is always, and i mean always going to be the easiest method. No matter how strong a thrall is, it can’t react and counter tactic somebody raiding you off line.

What about official PvE? What values should be set on these sliders for official servers?

They never mentioned Superman. That’s your misinterpretation of the word “hero”. I believe 3LiON gets the meaning right. In this context, “hero” means “the focus of attention”, not “someone who can solo Galactus and is not Squirrel Girl”.

There are different kinds of heroes, even in games. One of my all-time favorites is Estelle Bright from the Trails in the sky series - not because she was the strongest, smartest, toughest, bravest and most skilled warrior (because she was not, she’s a teenage ditz) but because she makes other people around her into heroes.

But even if you take “hero” as meaning “the strongest fighter”, then yes, that can be achieved by making everyone else weaker. If our character is a 4 out of 10, and everyone else is 3 or lower, then 4 is the highest number, even if the scale goes all the way up to 10.

That’s something that needs a seperate discussion. The nerf on thralls right now is being implemented ACROSS the board which is a bad decission in my opinion. Implementing sliders would solve the problem for player-run servers and solo-players. Which is probably most of the community anyway ? I don’t know the numbers. After that is done, we can discuss what “vanilla settings” - aka official servers - should be.

1 Like

So instead of making an intelligent overhaul = bosses and thralls, we only get one.

Care to explain, how it will not be harder? :smiley: Because player get no buffs? Magic? Praying to Crom?

And therefore you want to destroy the PlayStyle of many others, because you want to force YOUR idea of survival game into Conan. My goodness…

1 Like

I was ALWYS the “focus of attentation”… Because when I was not around, my thrall DID NOTHING.

Without a human player a thrall is NOTHING.

Yeah, whatever. The game is called CONAN EXILES. Not “generic survival game 3000, where you are a noob until the game is over”.

1 Like