Do something about improving heavy armor please read Funcom

I rock heavy armor with agility to roll which is a waste of points but for my style of play it suits me. It would be cool if it had a unique ability that gave it an advantage for tank players that aren’t looking to roll away such as suggested “poise” Its also the sickest looking armor in the game in my opinion. If I hit a light armor with a heavy attack without him rolling out in time I should do significantly more damage than a light armor player. Same thing when hitting a light or medium armor player simultaneously jabbing me with a frkn spear. Especially with a spam fight mechanic

Exactly why im fighting for our rights we shouldnt have to waste that much points and sacrifice power

What really sucks is if you put 40 agility right off the back u cant do much:(

you can still make a good build with buffs but rolling is an advantage to medium armor and quicker longer roll is an advantage to light armor when fighting against. The amount of reduction to damage which is supposed to be advantageous is more like a buff then a fighting advantage. Id sacrifice roll and invest points elsewhere if I didn’t get stunned every little spear jab. Allow me to walk through it taking small amount of damage and smacking opponent with my axe lol

2 Likes

Yeah same I would be okay if it didnt have roll but instead better stagger reduction

I’ve always felt that the best first step (at the very least) is to make armor damage reduction change from a flat damage reduction to a savings throw, both for damage and for status effects.

Step two would be reducing epic flawless light armor from 55% to 25% damage reduction.

Step three would be doubling the amount of status effects per hit e.g. 2 bleeds per dagger hit instead of 1.

Step four would be slowing down sideways and backwards movement (to make it easier to catch light armor users for heavy armor users)

Step 5 make all heals only work when stationary, meaning that battles aren’t determined by who runs out of heals first.

Step 6 increase player hit points to compensate

Step 7 lower NPC hit points and give them solid passive healing.

Unless you were running an encumbrance build, then nothing is too heavy lol.

1 Like

:joy::+1:t3:

Survive.Build.Dominate

Master Clan of 3030 Official

1 Like

That would introduce a massive random element into the combat system. Lucky players could shrug off repeated hits in their underpants, and unlucky ones get murdered by an imp while wearing epic heavy.

although I agree that Flawless Epic Light armor is probably too good as it is now, this reduction you’re suggesting is simply too dramatic. If Flawless Epic was only 25 %, where would you place non-Flawless epic? Or non-Epic light armors? I’ve seen people suggest before that “regular” light armor should be there only for stat buffs and temperature resistance, but I must disagree with that - there’s a separate “armor type” for “clothing”. All armor should feel at least a little relevant for personal protection.

1 Like

My point here is to use the savings throw to allow heavy armor users to ignore most status effects and more than likely simply ignore weapons, especially non-ap ones. My later suggestions include increasing hitpoints of players, reducing hitpoints of npcs but giving them all a passive regen.

The change to mobility would allow for a roman gladiator style “secutor vs retiarius” where the heavily armored guy chases hte lightly armored one.

We’ve given you some creative ideas and solutions in your other thread. You cannot have high damage mitigation without some sort of check and balance against you. Make the heavy work, adjust your tactics, or face the reality that most heavy PvP happens in medium or light. :thinking:

Bandages already have this limit which is why I never used them. At least they stop bleeding now.

1 Like

Hesitant to put this link here because I don’t really want to sidetrack this discussion back to archery but I think the educational factor outweighs so here:

This guy IS the archery we are discussing and he’s Danish (just in case our Norwegian friends want to consult?). There is some controversy regarding some of his claims and all, think how u like.

There are also other videos of him vs plate armor and he wins FYI @Mikey

2 Likes

Thank u very much @Ranson for this video. :v:t4:

Survive.Build.Dominate

1 Like

Since we are bringing reality into a game, i guess we will need these tools from the video to build next: **my farming time will be severely effected if i have to build this way!!!

If FC makes a t5 builder thrall, we need to name him wally.

I think let’s just concern ourselves with building hit points for balance concerns please, i’d live in a tree if we had to do this :rofl:

1 Like

Feel free to share or PM me those, would be interested to see whether there’s not something going on that makes it non-historic. And if I’m wrong, that’d be even better.

1 Like

Also would note, the comparison to legolas is not true. Legolas is a fight for his life, he misses he dies. he also has to keep is surroundings in his mind, as they could come from anywhere. It is easy to use certain techniques if the cardboard is not attacking back. True test would be to go onto an unknown battle field with rubber arrows, and have people coming at him. then compare that video to legolas.

Not saying the guy is not a bad ■■■, but modern “testers” like this have 2 things the movie hero doesn’t, no risk in death or failure, and knowledge of what is about to happen. A movie will try to make one believe the hero is re-acting, not acting.

2 Likes

I’m not really concerned about dramatic stuff like Legolas scene. Really the takeaway I wanted for people was this:

Mankind is quite inventive, especially when the tech applies to killing other men. We have always strived to have a better offense or defense than our enemies. And at different times and at different places around the world, we got pretty sophisticated and efficient at it. Our designs changed and evolved and what we encounter now in modern times is projectiles that use more advanced propulsion systems and designs to maximize damage. But please don’t underestimate what our ancestors were capable of with weapon and armor design. They got really good with the tools they had

1 Like

You hit it on the head. How do we improve heavy armor in the GAME. That is what my “rebuttle” about the archer test was. We cannot only use real world to try and improve the game, or we would all live in a grass hut. In a game, you try to meld realism with fun and fantasy. And armor is a game mechanic in that fantasy-realism mix. And 1/3 of that mechanic is not really fun to play with right now, and unbalanced in that it costs the most to make (flawless wise) yet has the least returns for that cost.