Do something about improving heavy armor please read Funcom

Only place heavy is really bad is the warmakers dungeon enemies all have long range attacks that u cant dodge :frowning: but bosses like dregs and witch queen are doable. Also some of the fish bosses . This with no thralls.

Yeah u use thralls atm I dont use em on the pve field because I feel like I can be a naked with a shield and kill anything with my thrall lol

Heck but on pvp I dont have much time so I cheese for the annihilator

1 Like

On PVP it is all about efficiency. Cheesing is the only way to survive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sadly its the truth only reason why I switch to my sobeks now when there is clan wars lol I cant use my heavy when I get jumped lol u cant beat them join em x.x my favorite light armor is turans cause I have a build that makes me immune to poison with it just incase I do get touched by the claw poison guys

1 Like

When claws nerf comes its back 2 using heavy armor like its my religion

You should invest in the Asura from Sinners Refuge cave. all pieces give +3 survival. low armor rating and durability though :confused:

1 Like

I’m using Yamatai’s Mid Armor for Warmaster Dungeon, there’s a trick on how to defeat the Arena Champion without any problems. (Of course with Thrall)

You need a long sword, the bastard sword (Best Longsword)

Your thrall needs the blade of the adventurer.

You lure the champion into the ice aisles and make the champion go to the wall in a corner, where you and your thrall take turns battling the champion, 2 minutes and the champion is dead.

Survive.Build.Dominate

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: really? The blade of the Adventurer makes 82 dmg…

Survive.Build.Dominate

Just in relation to what Gods and Mikey were discussing, sorry I shouldn’t have linked. I just see people making statements about historical armor and weapons and wanted to open minds. Let them see that sometimes “fantastical” claims of weapons so sophisticated at their specific job (armor, arrows, etc.) can be true. There was armor at certain times that was better than the arrows. In another place and time there was bow technology that made armor seem ineffective. So blanket statements about them can be close minded. But please, I don’t mean to take on a tangent since it is not directly related to heavy armor.

2 Likes

so now we are bad guys for asking for a buff for heavy armor :persevere:

1 Like

annihilator 100%

1 Like

@Ranson and @zerog

Ok, the 100% is really cool.
With the new oils for weapon enhancement, these weapons really make sense for the Future Dungeons.

Survive.Build.Dominate

Ps: @Ranson
With each new version of an armor or weapon, the blacksmiths were forced to develop new “technologies” for combat. Let’s just say that both are true, because in the end, the blacksmiths have new techniques developed for the fighting.
:v:t4::grin:

1 Like

I feel they could improve heavy armor by making it more accessible. Currently the only way to dodge roll in heavy armor is to invest 40 points into AGI which for all intents and purposes is a friggin useless attribute most people only put 10 into for Iron Endurance. If they replaced Strengths 50perk Blood-mad Berserker with Nimble Tumbler which reduces your armor class by 1 tier when dodgerolling, we’d see more heavy armor use in combat.

I mean 40agi? You could better invest those points into Vit,Grit,Enc but just to dodgeroll in Heavy armor you pretty much have to sacrifice another Attribute which dilutes your role as a fighter.

And don’t even get me started on archery. If they replaced trickshot and shafted with Cat-like Reflexes and Extended Leap then gave bows the innate ability to perform headshots, archery would be in a much better place too. The kit needs more mobility and for it’s damage potential to not be so limited by perk investment.
(They would have to fix extended leap though, it hasn’t functioned properly since they implemented it. Thing is straight up not working as intended.)

tbh i’d also like to perform a kick when ctrl is pressed rather than to shoot an arrow. A small gap creator would do wonders for Archers in CQC.

Additionally, if they did butcher/remove Agility, It’d be a godsend if they reduced base sprint stamina consumption by 25% like the perk Iron Endurance already does.

2 Likes

Yeah hopefully something like that gets implemented.

1 Like

An easier way without any thralls is to just use a hammer n roll away she is real squishy. Heavy armor on the otherhand lol u might need a thrall since u cant dodge her and she penetrates u

Oh, the guy who “reinvented the fastest forgotten archery” is using a 30-pounder bow or something like that for his trick shooting. It’s absolutely possible to shoot so quickly and accurately as the guy shows, but that bow lacks the range and penetrating power to be of any use in battle. You can buy those bows at toy stores.

It’s also cute how he demonstrates how he can fire 11 arrows in an arc before the first hits the ground. Again, that would be basically useless in medieval/early Renaissance battle. Shooting arrows in an arc would make any draw weight of the bow redundant because it’s not the bow driving the arrow home, it’s the gravity. And arcing arrows would hit helmets and shoulders, traditionally the most heavily armored body parts. Native Americans used arcing shots against unarmored targets in the 18th and 19th centuries when rifles had made armor basically worthless among the European-born conquerors.

Most videos where someone “proves” that a bow (or a katana, or whatever) can penetrate plate armor neglect to mention what sort of metal the armor is made of. The stainless steel that is used to make kitchen utensils is a very different metal from the tempered steel used to make armor in the 16th century.

I’ve seen “documentaries” where pop-culture “history experts” tear mail armor apart with their bare hands, thus “proving” that mail armor was crap. People were just such idiots that they kept using this totally useless, heavy and uncomfortable armor for over 2000 years. Right? The problem was, the links in that tissue paper mail was not riveted or welded, so of course they could be bent with bare hands. Yes, this sort of armor did exist in history, and yes, it was crap back then, but it doesn’t mean all, or most armors, were made like that. There’s solid enough evidence that they knew how to rivet mail links 2000 years ago.

Cosplay armors are not made to protect you from bodily harm, they’re made to look cool while remaining cheap to produce.

Another actual historical point: Bernal Díaz del Castillo, a Conquistador who was present when Yucatan was discovered by the Spanish, and who participated in Hernan Cortés’s conquest of Mexico, repeatedly praises the excellent linen armors (made of cotton or flax, I’m not sure of the translation) used by the conquistador foot soldiers in his memoirs, and how it protected them from all sorts of harm by native Mexicans. I mean, Bernal Díaz was wearing that armor in battle, and felt it was sufficient protection against angry Mexicans. And considering how few casualties Cortés’s tiny army suffered during the campaign, fighting several pitched battles against vastly superior numbers, that armor must’ve worked.

(Side note: The classical image of a conquistador wearing a steel breastplate and boat-shaped helmet is actually an anachronism created by later-era artists. Only a small handful of Cortés’s forces wore metal armor, and they were his heavy cavalry who wore full suits of armor. The morion helmet didn’t even exist in the early 16th century.)

2 Likes

I don’t really want to pick apart the different bows and armors of different eras and locations. I don’t disagree with the arguments you are making. This thread is about improving heavy armor, but everyone wants to act like a historical expert and claim they know more. I’m just putting that video there to show people what might be possible, don’t be so quick with blanket claims. I’m not claiming to know more than anyone here about this.

Archery is MUCH less common now, some techniques have fallen out of practice and we rediscover ancient knowledge. Please allow me to amend my statement for clarity…This guy IS [a rare example of someone who pursues an ancient artform of] archery we are discussing. I am not claiming he is the end all be all only example. I’m always for putting info out there on the subject and let people believe what they want from the knowledge pool available.

Yeah, apologies for sidetracking this thread. But, you know, there are always people who bring concepts such as “realism” and “historical accuracy” into discussions of game mechanics, so for their sake, I’m trying to provide facts (as far as we modern people are able to determine) for these people to consider in these discussions. Most of the time, realism and historical accuracy won’t work as game mechanics anyway.

There’s a lot of material provided by history enthusiasts, re-enacters, etc. on the Net. Many of these people want to “prove” something, and unfortunately most of them are not using actual scientific methods in their tests, ie. they tend to rig the conditions to favor their hypothesis. As a scientist myself (well, a linguist, but linguistics is still science!) I feel it’s my duty to warn people of unscientists (that’s a word, trust me, I’m a linguist) and the misinformation they provide.

2 Likes

Heard and I support :hugs:

Although If it’s enough to spark curiosity and incite learning then ill use some “marketing/advertising” to get people reading on their own :wink: but yeah most of the unscientists just want some glory.

ADDED: I feel it’s my duty to now bring this thread back on track and my apologies again for saying archery…

Testlive is now out with some armor rating changes.

I’ve seen that +60% damage reduction is still possible with light armor (med helm).

There is a new mod that adds 40% AP…
It seems that perhaps this thread should renew their suggestions

1 Like