End-game thralls can't survive a boss fight

I know the authority bonus is lost, wan’t sure sure about armor/buff bonuses.

If D and CM aren’t especially strong, can I ask who is? I was under the impression D had the best damage multiplier in the current game.

Yeah, it’s a generalist set up, the first epic sets I made. I’ve never had to max out bonuses before to walk through this dungeon, figured it would be even less important with an authority build.

I think I understand the machanics well enough, my thralls weren’t build for maximum damage, but my point, as mentioned above, is that has never been necessary before, but lesson learned I suppose.

Even minor purges, and i know that a lot of people can handle it but in the videos i see they have to use a lot of specific weapons and materials, that you may not has in hand. The point is that before this fcking nerf, you could give yout thrall a good gear and not let him alone and you could face heally hard challenges, now we have to babysit the thrall for it not die, is not like if they were expendables, they cost a lot to cath, lvl up, equip to watch then to be mowned by a boss or a bunch of mini bosses. (in case of purge). Killed all the fun for me.

you will put your hands on rebirth late in game. Image the situation, you catch, lvl, equipped refine with rebirth. Put well trained perk. Then got a purge, five or six mini bosses aggro on your follower. Then you take a disconnect from server for example, you lost your thrall, hours of effort for 4-5 one skull wolfs kill it. Its a challenge, but is pointless challenge. How much pages i can hand write with the phrase “nerfing is a lazy way to balance things” can i write in 15 minutes, its a challenge of course, but not funny to most of poeple.

1 Like

now they will release golems with 20k hp pff

I’m curious to see how that’s going to effect the usefulness of thralls, I expect more balancing will be in order.

I was with the impression that they nerfed thralls to direct people to use zombies, and now they will push to use golems

If you know the authority bonus is lost why do you run it ? It makes no sense to me. Your description of armors you chose (which is all we have to go by) also suggests you are not optimising your thrall’s armor to add to their dmg bonuses… a critical mistake…

Armor based dmg bonuses and potion + food dmg bonuses add more than any stats your thrall can have unless we are dealing with the god level of thralls.

D and CM are crap once you understand the math behind RHTS. A RHTS with good growth chances in STR will be much stronger than any D or CM at level 20… BUT only if you train it right. The dmg multiplier that is hidden is quasi the same (and certainly not a worthy point of comparison) because RHTS gain twice as fast STR bonus than D and CM do. And on top of that they will get a lot more HP from VIT growth.

You responded very politely to quite a rude know-it-all style post, so good on you for that, it can be tough haha

I would agree that Dalinsia and Cimmerian Berserker together should be able to handle it, but sometimes a small aspect of the fight may expose your thralls to more damage, or your own fighting style may be playing a role.

Each time I fight Rotbranch the outcome is totally different. Sometimes I really mess up and the a*s even kills me (even after having fought it thousands of times). But one thing is for sure, no fight is the exact same, sometimes my thrall has full health, sometimes it has half.

Hope it doesn’t discourage you from trying it again!

2 Likes

I’m sorry but the point you are trying to make is lost in the fact it’s not coming across due to your poor English… what is your point ? What nerf are you talking about ? I’m simply trying to understand you.

Golems cannot heal… a critical aspect

May i should write in my native language and let people like you translate it.

1 Like

I’m trying to help you by suggesting the point you are making is not understandable in English. Not trying to offend you… Don’t be so defensive and understand that what you are writing makes little sense.

Bah…like a day and you get your thrall up to 20. The potions can be used to get the perks you want. Its actually pretty easy to get a good thrall and level them. Now a rare one…why take rares out like that. If the thrall is precious, treat them as such and use workhorses like beserkers, Janos, and/or RHTS to defend and follow.

Yep…I’m looking forward to seeing the grinding of red stone to get the 20-60 crystal golems all defending the base. Don’t think it will happen? Need I remind everyone that the standard PVP defense is farm god bubbles and the grinding of that is all that some clan members do. This is going to be just as exploited as the god bubble and golems will be mass produced in PVP.

2 Likes

So I knew the thrall damage bonus from authority skill was lost with the perk, but since 20 levels @ 4% bonus adds up to an extra 80%, the extra thrall should add another 100% damage in theory, an extra 20% damage, as well as debuff stacking. I thought buffs from potions and food might still apply.

As I said, I wasn’t trying to optimise damage output as that had never been necessary before (I’m comparing that to my experience before 3.0)

I usually run RHTS exclusively, I’m kinda disappointed that’s the solution, I thought you were about to turn me on to some new thrall :smiley: The HP difference is massive from level 1.

To be fair, I was expecting a slew of “git gud” responses, so I’ll take constructive advice however it’s packaged. :smiley:

Yeah, I may have just had an unfortunate fight, it does happen. I’m going to try again later today, so if you see another, slightly more aggro version of this topic being posted, you’ll know it didn’t go well…

I’m not suggesting War Party is not the way to go … To the contrary 2 thralls almost always better than 1 and not just in terms of pure DPS output.

But if you use War Party optimise your own armor to avoid follower dmg bonuses… they are useless.

Potions and food applied directly to the thrall will work and should always be used in tough fights as they will add 30% dmg bonus when properly combined.

On the RHTS front make sure you exclusively use Fighters … the archers suck because of their hidden melee bonus being substantially worst.

1 Like

Last days im having problems with lian, he simple does nothing during battle, and only attack if he is attacked, he ignores most of commands, im wondering if it is because i had them pre 3.0, new thralls works normally a little dumb as usual but inside de game standards. Any one experienced something similar?

I have experienced my thralls being very stupid and unresponsive on official pvp servers over the last few days as well… especially during or after sandstorms.

No, ALL damage bonus is lost with War party.
So… hearty feast… tears of gullah… skelos master armor… AND the 80% authority damage, everything that improves follower damage gets cut out if you have war party.

Also contrary to “popular belief” Well Trained does more than 1.5x damage of 2 identical war party thralls if you use these above mentioned consumables.
Here’s a demonstration with actual DPS numbers on-screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-nLoZjCWyY

The benefit of War party comes against humanoids or smaller creatures that can be staggered, because they will obviously stagger twice as often, essentially stun-locking them.
It might also be better on very laggy servers where thralls are very unaware of their targets real location so 2 of them blindly swinging might hit more stuff than one.

However… even thou the difference can be quite significant vs. bosses, it’s not to the point where either should have any issues…
I did that boss yesterday with 0 Authority, but wearing follower damage gear and a single Kisthis at like level 12 or so… he didn’t even have time to summon the skeletons he died so fast. Provided you do your part with the player character, things should go okay.

As for a list of current thralls and all their stats… here you go
(TLDR: RHTS are the best ones atm)

Good Luck

(Edit: Forgot to mention that I never bother trying to command the thrall out of the AoE at that boss… that’s just a waste of time as they’re clunky and they will not attack if I keep sending them to locations so that needlessly prolongs the fight. Otherwise they can do quite a significant damage just hitting the boss during the AoE so you can just worry about your character and try to kill the boss as fast as possible. And ofc use 1 handed maces on the thralls for the best single-target dps and never use a shield on them as that breaks their AI and they can’t use it anyway.)

3 Likes

Thanks for that, some great info! I might consider switching perks for boss fights from now on based on the video, though I generally prefer having 2 companions. I feel like 2 companions is better for pvp too, in theory. I’ve been looking for something like that spreadsheet since basically all I know about thralls from the previous versions is now completely out of date!

1 Like