End-game thralls can't survive a boss fight

Yea, both war party and well trained are quite viable and more than enough for most things.
So it’s mainly down to your preference. As long as you’re aware of the limitations and give them their own strength buffs and proper weapons you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Oh one more thing I didn’t mention, healing is quite an important factor for thralls, especially since 3.0… so make sure they have proper food.

Various food heals different amounts passively to your thralls as they’re eating it mid-combat. So thralls dying can easily be a result of feeding them something like cooked pork rinds as that heals a mere 1 hp/s… compared to that even simple Gruel heals them 6 hp/s, but if you want to get super strong healing food that’s still viable to cook, then Enhanced Gruel is one of the best options, only downside is that it only stacks to 50, but that’s not a big deal.

1 Like

This certainly crossed my mind, I always use gruel because it’s cheap and easy, but that may not be enough in every situation.

So. Let’s break a myth shall we?
Thralls now in many cases can be handy, kill fast for you, populate a base, blah, blah, blah, but… Thralls (finally) are no gods anymore. Their AI is maybe way better than the one God thralls use to have, but they are vulnerable because they cannot fight as you do.
There for…
I joined a new server 3 days ago, i took my time to go around and get the obelisks, went left and right to gain some handy recipes and day 3, i went to the wine cellar alone.
The server i participated is American, so of course it’s laggy for me, way laggy actually since i play from Greece. My console is ps4, my connection is wireless and tho i pay for 100mbps connection, i barely get 30mbps. So you can understand how bad things can go. Still…

Alone, no thralls, weak aloe potions, steaks, Yogs touch, glimmer moon and Lemurian armor looted from the pagoda.
3 strenth
3 agility
2 vitality
3 grit
1 expertise.
I just run to the final fight skipping all the rest :man_shrugging:.
I ain’t a god fighter, our toons are very powerful my friend…
Fck the thralls!
Like we say in my country, if you want a job to be done, do it alone!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s certainly a lot more straight forward doing it yourself, but I really like having AI followers in games for some reason. I play solo also, so I like to be as efficient as possible, it’s not like I’m playing for fun or anything. :smiley:

2 Likes

General update:

2 Likes

Greetings!
Buffing your character with Follower Damage will not work with War Party.
I would follow @stelagel’s build suggestion :+1: .
By the way, I have not been to the Wine Cellar dungeon yet, I was there only during the bug which made you appear there, but I just ran out of there scared (I was fully naked).

I play different characters with both War Party and Well Trained and they are great if you consider their limitations.

Good hunting!

1 Like

Meh for wine cellar, I just go with RHTS zombies and well trained. I just go slowly through the city, letting my zombies kill them all and at the end, the zombies work on thag while I keep the wights at bay. I try to just farm this as often as I can (hour reset taken into account and all) just to get the recipes and then after that?..I just stick with the human side of the dungeon to collect what is available there and leave thag to be all alone to think about what he did to those poor Khari people.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.