Exiles forum revamp

@AndyB or @Spynosaur_Nicole a little help please. Question: have you all tweaked the forum a little more? Because having logged on this morning I am now unable to view my Notifications at all on my android device. It only displays a different looking drop down and UI, which remains in an infinite loading loop. This is what it looks like below.

Have now tried several times over to view them, I even left it load for around 10 minutes on one occasion, but it still will not work.

EDIT: later on this evening, but I am still getting the blank loading loop.

It is a new day here peoples, but I am affraid my issue still persists. Whenever I press on the user/member icon I am unable to view my notifications. Instead the list just gets caught in an infiniteoading loop (pictured above). Should I try to press on the drop down, it only brings up a short, empty list:

And should I attempt to press on the notification ā€˜bellā€™, the number of drop downs multiples:

But no matter what I attempt to do, I still can not view my notifications, and the infinite loading loop continues. Could a CM please offer me some help or advice?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been out this week, but just poking my head in to mention that Discourse is aware of the issue and it is suspected that certain browsers like Edge on Android are bugging outā€¦ If you arenā€™t already, we recommend using Chrome in the meantime.

4 Likes

Hi there AndyB, and thanks for the reply. I followed up on your suggestion and used Chrome, but sadly the outcome was exactly the same.

If there are any further details I can provide which may help, then please do not hesitate to ask.

2 Likes

Will DM you

3 Likes

I have the same issue, it does not Show anything but a loading thing that goes on forever.

1 Like

You too @Gheorghe. What type of device are you using? Anyone else having this issue?

Just though I would put an update out there for AndyB too. I have update to the latest version of software today, but sadly it di not remedy the problem.

An issue causing the menu to not load on some mobile browsers should be resolved as of last night.

5 Likes

Yep, it has now been remedied here on my end too. A big thanks to you for the help AndyB. :+1:

4 Likes

Minor update October 26 2021:

• Moved topic navigation bar down to a consistent position and added a background to it soā€¦
    • ā€¦the text is more visible against light backgrounds,
    • it shows in a consistent position on all category pages, which meansā€¦
    • ā€¦the New Topic button remains in a consistent position as well

• Added highlight to New Topic button on desktop
  • On narrow browser windows, New Topic button now gets big and moves to fixed position on the bottom right of your window (similar functionality to whatā€™s already on the mobile version)

5 Likes

Minor update October 27 2021

Pardon our dust! You may have seen some flickering on the forurms tonight.

• Performed some cleanup/optimization on the above logic, should now behave more consistently across all categories.

• There may be a few cases where the tool buttons overlap with the navigation bar, itā€™s to such a minor degree that itā€™s not a high-priority fix right now, but Iā€™m aware of it
    • extremely narrow browsers may see some oddities with the category breadcrumb, but unless you, for some reason, browse at 20% width, you probably wonā€™t encounter it
  • Removed category logo and description on narrow browser windows and reclaimed some vertical space (similar to current Mobile version)

• Removed gap at top of topic when browsing threads on narrow browsers

4 Likes

Hi @AndyB. I have been away on hiatus until but a couple of days ago. Since returning I have noticed that I am no longer able to upload images on the forum. When I have tried to, my mobile device just reads ā€˜Processing Uploadā€™ but no numerical count begins as it previously did, and loading circle just turns without end. If I do hit the reply/post button before it has finished I get blue coloured text as though it were a link, but when we press or click on it, it neither displays anything or takes us anywhere. Here is an example:

Processing: Screenshot_20211213-211304_Samsung Internet.jpgā€¦

Perhaps this most recent update has upset something. AndyB do you have any ideas or suggestions for a fix or a ways around this tricky issue?

1 Like

I am not able to reproduce the issue on my Pixel 2 XL. Could you please DM me with your phone model, browser, and mobile OS version?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had the same thing happen (on a PC) when attempting to upload an unsupported file format. Since Iā€™ve only tried doing that once, itā€™s only happened to me once.

Iā€™m likely just confusing the issue though - I dunnoā€¦

.jpg should absolutely be a supported file format here though.

testing:
cauliflower-

Looks fine to me here, on desktop. :confused:

3 Likes

As long as itā€™s not on a pizzaā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Not if the file isnā€™t formed right though. I my case it was a video file of some odd type IIRC. It looked like it was trying to upload and then just sat there. Canceling it gave me a link to null like his link there. Yeah, and definitely NOT on pizza :pizza:!!!

1 Like

I heard it is supposed to make good pizza :pizza: crust??? Skepticism will follow that.

2 Likes

That sounds like propaganda from the ā€˜Big Cauliā€™ industry

3 Likes

If only topped with pineapples.

1 Like