Exiles forum revamp

I think the inference is if I’ve got to channel it after @stelagel asked about it, JJ’s gotta google it and @Xevyr needs to bring out the subdomain, it could just be that a prominent link in the “Forums” system might be advised.

4 Likes

Oh yes! Definitely would be nice to have a permanent link right there on the frame itself so we don’t have to click to other places and can tell them to scroll to it and hit the Zendesk link regardless of the page their on… :slight_smile: Or at the very least an entry under the contact section

3 Likes

@AndyB it would seem there is a new forum related issue on my mobile device. When we press on our avatar icon to check messages and bring up the interface, this is what I now see (screenshot):

Needless to say it makes navigation very challenging. I know it was not like this several days ago. AndyB can you shed any light on this issue?

7 Likes

Exact same problem here. Seems somethings off with the display fields.

3 Likes

I did notice that there is a new line of icons beneath our time log and above our stats in the profile/overview page. Perhaps this has had an unforseen knock on effect?

1 Like

Yes very difficult to access on my phone now witch is were I have done it along.

3 Likes

Hey, as long as I can read it … (even if it means learning to navigate it again),
I’m okay with it.

2 Likes

Discourse recently pushed a major update to the forum software, which probably caused some unforeseen formatting problems. I haven’t had a chance to look at it but will do so this week. Thanks for the heads-up!

7 Likes

Made some alignment changes for the quick access menu for mobile. Shouldn’t be cut off the margins like that anymore.

9 Likes

Thanks I went desktop on my phone first time ever :upside_down_face: did improve

3 Likes

My absolute pleasure AndyB!

Apologies to be the bearer of bad news @AndyB, but I am affraid the issue still persists:

3 Likes

Seems that @AndyB has a bigger display on his smartphone :grin:

For me it look the same as in your screenshot. I am on a s21 with 6.2" display. But it is better now than before.

2 Likes

It is corrected for this one, running on an Android system.

2 Likes

With a screen that big, he must have trouble keeping it in his pocket.
Hey @AndyB, if you have to carry your smartphone like luggage on wheels, its probably too big. :rofl:

4 Likes

Maybe he wears it in his beard :sweat_smile:
beard-men-with-beards

4 Likes

Hm, okay. I tested on my Pixel 6a and an iphone 13 which are both midsize devices. I don’t have a smaller device handy at the moment.

Made a couple tweaks, let me know how it looks.

4 Likes

Nice :+1: whatever you tweaked has done the trick for my device at least.

2 Likes

Just putting it out there and on the record AndyB, mine is a Samsung Galaxy s10e. So yeah it is just a wee bit smaller than @Bodin theres handset. :laughing:

3 Likes

Ah yes, marginally smaller, I understand. How does it look for you now?

4 Likes

I hate being the bad news guy all of the time. I really do. It still persists for me at the moment. :pensive: i can upload another screenshot if that would be helpful.

But I do think it is getting close; I have half of the ‘A’ in your name AndyB!

EDIT: oww here it is just in case

4 Likes