Feedback & Suggestions

Actually, it’s to obfuscate the lack of story development and a means to push agent booster sales. Also, I think you haven’t experienced the joy of a streak of 100+ S&P scenarios without a single agent drop if you consider “no agent on AH” a non issue.

Regarding replacing glyph destillates with signet destillates in OD scenarios, I’m all for that.

I think the cinematic is less the problem with S&P than the diffrent phases before it actually starts. You spend a minute waiting for the scenario to actually start. Always thought that could be slimmed down and should have been done together with OD release.

I always ran 2 during a 30min potion, with 5-8 min to spare. But I have only (looking at achievements) run S&P roughly 100 times total cause it’s not fun for me (OD has similar problems actually, I’m currently at 64 waves complete mostly from event requirements, and not using up my daily keys anymore)

I suppose I may as well write my own list of reasons I stopped running OD

1. it’s too dark. this is fine in Kingsmouth and Blue Mountain at night for the atmosphere I guess, but under time pressures it’s just making the game less fun. For reference, it’s so dark I can’t play it until after IRL sunset because I stop being able to see enemies if my room is any less than pitch black.
  2. same extreme sensitivity to dps as S&P, but far more randomness in how much you actually need. There’s only about a 10% window from ‘not enough’ to ‘plenty’ (say E10 needs 12000 burst dps, if you have 10800 you’ll fail, 13200 and you’ll have no trouble at all) But the commander event in particular increases this requirement by ~50% so my general experience is “I complete higher level waves easily 3/5 of the time, and wipe it 2/5 of the time when commanders spawn, and it’s out of my control”. This is just the nature of timed wave spawns.
  3. due to signets I’m a committed melee player and this means I’m at a disadvantage pulling stuff out of the center. In S&P I could fight stuff on the survivors without them losing hp as long as I had aggro, here I have to run in, tag them, run out, and wait for the chaotic pathing to decide somewhere outside the circle is a good place to stand before I can kill them.
  4. the UI switches from “wave 12” to “boss” and then “waiting” so when I’m deciding whether to continue I can’t tell what wave I’m at. It’s small but it matters.
1 Like

One of my characters is hammer/chaos and I really feel for you there. I, too, wish the mobs had to actually attack the stone. This could be made more interesting by letting the long range demons choose to “drop the hammer” on the stone or the player.

For a wish list of tactical changes, that would be near the top, along with limits on the number of “yoinks”, “zoomers”, and “commanders” alive at any one time (I’d say no more one over the number of active players in sum total). Variety is good, but varying between easy and near-certain fail is bad.

You, sir, are a knight that says “Ni”. I take it chopping down all the trees in the forest with a herring was just the warm-up to see if they have what it takes for the real thing.

[Suggestion/Event/PvE]

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Thankfully they’ll never do this because it’s an absolutely awful idea. If you want signet distillates, do lairs/regionals/megabosses.

Serious question: could you smell toast burning while you typed this?

Well, it was not 30, but it’s a start.

Continuing the discussion from Update 2.2.2 Patch Notes (Stonehenge):

I wouldn’t consider Commanders a DPS check. Situational awareness and gap-closers are far more important when dealing with Commanders than the damage you output.

5 Likes

I mean, if you already gave up on killing stuff as it spawns they’re fine, but my build’s only gap closer is “kill everything that’s aggroed and sprint” and to slot an active one I’d be giving up on either cleansing or being able to deal with single mobs fast, at which point I also have to give up on purely passive healing and slot some mitigation which just compounds the problem and leads to more mitigation.

I don’t cleanse myself, have any single target abilities or have an defensive cds (I do run about 10-20% tank to avoid assassin one shots though) otherwise I use flicker, Fey Line gadget, and quickness signet to always outrange mobs. If I don’t kill a single target mod fast enough I bring to the next group that spawns. This is relatively more difficult if your melee though.

[Items/Pets] Allow us to buy the cache epic weapon skins. There’s nothing more frustrating then wanting one of the skins that come from the epic weapons but not wanting to shell out 300k+ MOF to buy a weapon just to get the skin

1 Like

Something I like about OD is that we can tag stuff by running past them, without attacking. As another melee player, I find it best to use this method on split waves, commanders or enemies in the middle. I sprint around them and let them follow me somewhere better to engage.

If a commander spawns while I’m already in combat, I find it better to finish combat first instead of try to run to the commander with no sprint. I toggle sprint, I run to the middle to pick up anything I may have missed, then I run straight to the commander. If another pack spawns in that time, I don’t engage the commander still and I let everything follow me to the new pack.

jeronimo

Feedback: agent missions with a longer refresh time than completion time are annoying. It draws out the process of finishing mission chains (less chances per day to get the next part of the mission) and it makes me not want to log on as much. They’re occupying the slots that used to encourage staying online all day cause you could send agents on missions every 20-40 minutes.

There’s not even a way to use aurum to refresh the slot so it’s not like you profit from making this more annoying.

3 Likes

I said it since a while. Having a mission recycle for mof/aurum would be good for both player and funcom. Good seeing it brought up.

Depends on the commander… the ones that output the freaking skulls require quite a bit of damage to kill the floating burning heads. Granted, if you saw and take out the commander with 0 to 1 batch, not a big deal. If you’ve got 3 or 4 batches things are not good.

Nothing will make me switch to Steam client. I’d rather uninstall the game.

Wait what? They’ve made SWL Steam only for new users?

No, they didn’t. You can still sign up for an account and download the game directly from Funcom.

https://account.secretworldlegends.com/signup/

Then I don’t understand the post I quoted.

[Agent Network] The Jeronimo exclusive missions “Once Again into Agartha” and “Into the Void” pop up too often and occupy the missions slot for 2 hours. Please reduce the refresh timer on these missions (to be 40 minutes like other 1 hour long missions) and possibly make them less common after they have been completed once.

Actually, the refresh feedback goes for all of the new Jeronimo chain missions. They all occupy the slots for way too long.

1 Like