Feedback & Suggestions

Fixed that for you.

3 Likes

[Abilities] Rework elementalism or give it at least some love. There are a number of good suggestions here. It’s really sad how poor E. is and no matter how you try you always suck in endgame compare to other main weapon options. And it is symbolic that the most popular elementalism weapon in game - inverter- completely circumvents the main elementalism mechanic.

And it’s really funny how none of the best meta dps main weapons is dps one…

1 Like

[Feedback] After running Nightmare in Dreampalace against the clock to see how much of a timeinvestment it is I gotta say it took even longer than my long expectation.
You can run multiple of the other long missions with sidemissions and maybe a short one and still be faster done. The only reason to rerun it are achievements.
Would love to see the reward at least doubled or the mission seperated to make it anywhere close to comparable story missions.

Reduce the different types of distillates to two. Instead of weapon, talisman, glyph and signet distillates just have one type that can be used in weapons and talismans and one type that can be used in glyphs and signets.

Gives people more choice about what kind of content they want to engage with and makes dungeons/caches less annoying if you’re trying to level a single specific item and you keep getting the wrong kind of xp. :v:

Or how about instead of dungeons dropping distillates, they dropped some sort of currency, a black bullion if you will, that could be used to buy item upgrades of any kind you need. Then you can still reward distillates in specific places (eg. caches) where you want it to be a random nice reward (that is, the 20k+ distillates) instead of a small cumulative reward.

As a side effect you could also make boss 6 give more rewards than boss 1, so people don’t just run boss 1 over and over to get loot fast.

4 Likes

That sounds like way more work than my suggestion. :v:

Unless you want to make everyone rip out their glyphs and signets every time someone wants to use such a dual destillate (imagine the joy this would bring), this would require some more work in the empowerment UI so that the user can choose which component will benefit from the destillate.
This would be just unwieldy and error prone.

1 Like

*Heavy use of spoiler tags, cos the brawl is still considerably new.

[PvP][PvE] Replicate with the other Rosenbrawler Special Guests the Kyat card process with their pocket dimensions, to utilise uncommonly used solo instances for timed collection missions with tweaked/reskinned pet rewards.
For example:

* Pink Puddin’ drops an item to the Orochi boardroom for a drone hunt and pink Smiler reward.

* Tipsy Brawler drops an item to ancient Sol Glorificus instance for a ghoul hunt with a shroud of small party ghouls as reward.

* Rehmov drops an item to Innsmouth Academy Basement (Carter Unleashed instance) for a raven hunt and a spectral raven reward.

4 Likes

Good point but I think adding a single button to the upgrade window is less work than a new currency and vendor - especially for the player, which is kind of the entire point of the suggestion. :v:

1 Like

[Abilities] & [PVE]
Auxiliary Weapons

Bring Back Auxiliary Weapons along the rest of their Original acquisition Mission.
the Return of the “Missile Crisis” left a particular gutted felling that i didn’t Re-acquire the Rocket Launcher in The Secret World: Legends, after completing the mission.
It’s 19 months overdo in comparison to it’s arrival in The Secret World, and we are still waiting for them to be ported ported over and the final 3 to be introduced to us.

• It’s Weapon Tab could easily be the 3rd tab in Ability Window, with a single page for every Auxiliary Weapon Acquired.
    With The Abilities and passives could easily be under a page together, unlike Normal Weapon which have each have a tab for Ability & Passives for themselves.

• If there is any Stat passives they should only affect the Auxiliary Weapons, example: +Hit, +Crit, +Crit Power, +Damage, +Targets hit, Cooldown Reduction.
    (Although if there is a Cooldown Reduction it should probably be suited for the Skill level)

• With Their Glyphs and Upgrade/fuse parts could be from Reward Bags unique to Scenarios Missions, or Nightmare Zones (Look below).

In the Ability Augment system Pretty much is the Support Agent part of the Agent System.
I can under if some people think “Gadgets” replaced Auxiliary weapons, but i recall there ware items similar to “Gadget” in The Secret World, but they didn’t have a item slot they were in your backpack, which you could use them every so often for buff, and effects on Mobs.

But, Unlike Weapons “Gadgets” cannot be leveled. fused to get next quality tier
they can only be Replaced, by finding/trading/buying/unlocking it.
and Unlike Auxiliary weapons, they have limited flexibility you have to have a new gadget for each functional option. where each Each Auxiliary weapon had a couple options, sure some were Single Damage, AoE Damage, but all also had utility.

Of all the Legacy content since The Secret World: Legends Re-launch
It was something i was expecting and waited to get back after all the Story content had been added to Secret World: Legends.
But going 2 years without them is like missing a part of yourself. not something essential to living, but still an important part of you.

[Misc] & [PVE]
Elite Zones

1. Elite Zones:
    A lvl 50 version of every non lvl 50 Zone:
    New England: Kingsmouth Town, Savage Coast, Blue Mountain.
    Egypt: Scorched Desert, City of the Sun God.
    Transylvania: Besieged Farmlands, Shadowy Forest.
  • With Mobs and Mission rewards scaled to lvl 50
    so you don’t fell like your forced to make an new alt if you want to fo back to new England
  1. Nightmare Zones:
    Higher difficulty then lvl 50 Zones: New England, Egypt, Transylvania, Tokyo
    with Much tougher and stronger mobs Recommended for People for in 850+ item level
    but not to the point where you require a tank (or be) to do anything.
  • With better mission rewards: more Anima Shards and reward bag amount or quality
    Possible 312-350 distillates instead of Non-enhanced from Talisman/Weapons reward bags.

The option to switch between The Zone Difficulty could could be part of the UI
or near your faction handler, making the set Difficulty the Default when you next enter a Mission Zone.
and if anyone “Meets up” on you they enter your variant of the instance, and you enter theirs if you meet up on another player.

When Entering an Nightmare zone will have the same screen effect as a Lair.
with the Nightmare Lair getting the Gray screen effect from The Secret World Nightmare Areas in additional to the Lair effect.

The Missions should shares cooldown between the difficulty variants.
For instance: If you completed “The Pagans” on Normal, you will have to wait 8/72 hours to do it on Nightmare.

2 Likes

It’d be really great, but would also mean rebalancing almost everything, missions, mob hp, mob dps, and that’d be a lot of work. I wonder if it’d be possible to have a suppressor debuff which reduced the player instead - you get something similar in the Berihun fight I think, that might be a lot less work (maybe).

1 Like

That is great but I would went further and made them almost unsoloable. On the level of something like group OD=21-23 (so there is still no need for 2 accurate glyphs). Then zones would become ‘Left for Dead’ simulator :smiley: and return that old feeling of pre-epeen tsw when single akab could kill you.

Level sync always feels terrible. It is annoying as being forcibly put on sprint-1. Stronger mobs = ok. Weaker player = not good.
And mobs can be copied from OD levels. They are same as in zones anyway.

PS: Not that I believe that that suggestion will ever go through. But 10 points out of 10 for idea. For that I would login.

I can’t really disagree there, but elite and nightmare zones would basically be the same, just with a different perspective of more powerful mobs vs weaker player. They’d still be equally dangerous and challenging to the player unless you add new mechanics (which would be nice, but unlikely).
I’m not sure how you’d explain there being 3 versions of Solomon islands in a story context either - wearing a suppressor is a much easier fit. If you were changing the zone and npcs then you could do a lot of interesting stuff, like having more of the red sargassum dream manifesting on Solomon Islands.

That is why I quoted only nightmare suggestion. Elite is not needed in ‘my universe’. 10 levels of elite dungeons are already abomination. No need to duplicate it again. Also at this point in time I already don’t bother about story logic. It is about to be or uninstall. But… those orochi guys already made VR of zone parts. Maybe we should ask them? They definitely feel more alive then devs. Or we could just take some filth pill from John and fell into dream. I am not into lore much to make any suggestions here.
But I see nm version a little different: as hard group/duo content with solo instances of tank commander level (nerfed for 20-30% tank commander please).

I’ve wondered if a new story zone were to be introduced, how it could be made more daunting/satisfying for high-end IP players. I’m sure i am not the only one who has crushed demon hyena (even via self-gimping with low gear). This breezy combat did not do SA any favours.
I kinda ruled out the possibility of scaled player fields, because supporting multiple versions of open player zones did not seem an economical approach that Funcom would entertain. However I find the proposal of a character-specific zone-wide debuff is a great idea.

Using character debuffs could open up a whole range of improved rewards and achievements to already existing content, as well as making future and existing zones more challenging.

Edit: A similar effect is also utilised in the ‘Rogue Agent’ (solo) mission, by interacting with a static object to affect the difficulty of the fight.

1 Like

Yeah, which is why i’m thinking of a few variants instead of say 10.
and rather go with Label instead of Number.

Elite is pretty much Elite 1 in term of Dungeons, which would be “Normal” as “Story mode” = Easy
Nightmare would be alike Elite 9/10.
But difficulty scaled like Scenarios so they are solo-able.

Kaidan, Carpathian Fangs and New Dawn don’t need an Elite version as they are already lvl 50 :wink:
Label can be better fitting one though, that is true. <.<;

For Story context?, err… well the Creatures inside The Polaris grew stronger over time… like they did they in the story Told by Old Joseph.

No, there could be some story behind it… hmmm let’s Say…
It’s possible that Jerónimo de Montejo came across a path within Agartha
That lead him to a place much like our present but there was something different in the air something were off, no one recognized him not the Secret Faction nor the wait is no Agent network to be found no one is entirely sure what network he’s talking about.
But heading back toward Agartha, Jerónimo noticed the headline of a newspaper in a kiosk he walked by, “Explosion in Tokyo” and realized he had possible found a way back in time within Agartha. He quickly headed back to Agartha inform the Agent network, of he’s recent discoveries!.

On return with assistance of a couple of Agents to cover more ground, things got even stranger, Jerónimo could not shake the feeling that something was amiss in this place…
Later one of he’s companions that had traveled with him, a Network Agent. meet up with him again, with a concerned look on he’s face.
"Jerónimo, if we are back in time… where are the Bee-agents?, there should have been many of them here especially today… "
it was also at this moment they received text messages from the “Bee” Agents that had traveled with them.
“My faction don’t recognize me and believe me and eyes me as if I’m a spy…”
“There is someone in my old apartment and i think it’s me…”
“where are the Bees!? D:”
“I got a bad felling about this Jerónimo”

Sorry about my poor story writing skills, But that is how it could fit into the story ;p

That is kind of the idea of Nightmare Zones, like Elite 9/10 Scenarios.
solo-able but will maul you, if you don’t pay attention.

It’s impossible to make something not soloable without making it also not groupable without having something like rising strength build into everything.
Cause whatever you gonna bring out people can substaintank it. They would be slower but still be able to do it. Jimmy recently showed of that you can pull of DA E5 naked, imagine how a nightmare zone mode would fare against that.

Also what to put as reward? Another source of destillates?

This is less against the idea of upscaled zones but a pointer that the current weaonbalance and meta builds throw a giant wrench in the project from the getgo and make finding an optimal level of difficulty hard.

1 Like

I don’t like fixed stat character debuffs to set difficulty cause it stops people from playing the way they want. If people like grinding out gear to get strong when they can’t beat something, that becomes pointless. And it all ends up beatable with the right build from day 1. It’s fine for stuff you play once (like the Unbound had scaling in TSW to make sure you see the entire fight no matter what level you were when the issue launched) but then you never get to come back and see improvements.

Best I can think of that would suit how I play is putting a 4th axis on the AA, called ‘looting’. If you play with 50% dps, 50% looting, you get scaled up rewards. Then if you just wanna clear something you go 100% dps, if you want to challenge yourself you try it at 20% or whatever.

I don’t think you can make solo content dependent on healing though without fixing weapon balance problems. Eg. the tank weapon heals are all hp-based, while the dps weapon heals are a mix of attack and hp based and the heal weapons’ heals are heal-based. So dps has no tradeoffs (their heals are strongest when their dps is highest), tank/heal weapon users have to AA-allocate away from doing good dps to heal better.
And weapon balance problems are a problem because the game is not designed to let you swap weapons, you pick your primary and you have to invest years to complete that one. Not like TSW where you needed to spend ~2000 BB to get your new 10.5.5 and could do it in a week.

5 Likes

[Suggestion] [Items] [Crafting]

AS IT IS :
I can vendor almost everything from my inventory.

The problem is, I genuinely don’t want to sell the items in which I spent a lot of time and distillates to empower.

TO BE :
It would be interesting to add a control step (a warning pop-up window as it already exists) when trying to sell or delete an object if this item is bound to the character.

The purpose of this rule is to prevent the unintentional deletion of the Weapons and the Talismans already improved and / or fused with a Glyph / a Signet.

Furthermore, it would make it impossible to sell or delete empowered Glyphs and Signets without a double confirmation from the player.

This rule has two main objectives:

• QoL for players by reducing, and the risk of deleting a valuable item, and the frustration of an unanswered petition.

• Enhance QoS of the customer service ; Indeed, it seems like a large amount of petitions are related to the loss of items in the inventory. Regarding the poor verbosity of the logs, this control step can be one solution to reduce the petition’s backlog and free up resources to deal with background issues.

5 Likes

There is a pretty big catalog of sold stuff for buyback at vendors if one really messes up. You gotta do a lot more than just sell your item to really lose it completely.