Funcom mentions first "DLC pack" to be released in June

, ,

Nothing new here with how they seem to operate. From my standpoint this next patch is critical…for me. If the DLC is reasonable I will purchase it so I at least ‘have it’ in my library. So they are getting my money in any case. If this patch still has a lot of unfinished issues then that will be the last DLC and Game I purchased from Funcom. Done…Period.

CE is good fun and playable in SP PvE (I run my own Private Server)…but so many workarounds because of laziness.

What is raising the hair on my neck is they may likely release both (major patch and DLC) at the same time…dirty business tactic #1. Major patch will take us a week or two to ‘play into’…meanwhile they are selling DLC before the crowd goes wild. <= If they still leave c.r.a.p. on the table.

I hope Funcom really reads these forums…they are ruining it for even diehards like me.

I don’t mean to come off as rude, but that’s a rather silly way to approach it. You’ll buy the DLC, but if the patch doesn’t fix a lot of things then you won’t give them another dime. Well, why not wait for the patch to come out and see if they fixed enough for you, and if they did, THEN buy the DLC. I believe it would send a greater message by not buying the DLC if things aren’t fixed.

That sounds a lot like a parent who tells their kid they don’t get dessert until they clean their room, then checking in on them hours later only to find they didn’t clean their room at all, giving them dessert and telling them that’s their last one. All that does is teach the kid wrong lessons, that they didn’t have to clean to get dessert, and that they will get future desserts.

4 Likes

Adding DLC to a broken game…what could possibly go wrong…lol. We’ve already seen the result of that logic at the game’s launch, have we not.
The bigger issue in my mind is whether or not they’re going to charge us for DLC. If my memory servers…and sometimes it doesn’t…I’m pretty sure I heard them say in one of their streams that DLC was gonna be free for this game. No micro transactions. If I’m remembering this accurately and they charge for DLC, that would make them liars. Where I come from, liars don’t deserve any further business from me…ever.

The fact that they’re calling it DLC pretty much tells you they’re going to charge for it. They’ve added a lot of stuff to the game since it was first released in EA, from building blocks, outfits, to many many decorative items. Never once did they call it DLC. If it was something they were just going to give to people, they’d just add it in the game. They’re not, though, they specifically called it DLC, so that leads me to believe they will charge for it.

I could be wrong, but only time will give that answer.

1 Like

Considering that they referenced the DLC for June in an investor meeting, they are probably charging for it.

There’s more information about this in this thread:

4 Likes

This is so amazing <3 i really loved khitai and now we get parts of it :D… maybe yag-kosha will find his way too to conan exiles

You have character and 3D artists for this, but not for sorcery??

This is why a lot of people aren’t too happy with you guys atm. You’re able to put artists on content you want to sell to us, but for some reason can’t put it on the content people have been wanting and waiting for. Is it because sorcery is going to be given and not sold to us?? I bet if it was being sold to us it would be finished by now. :\

Wow, this is great news.

Refinements to the game:

• Upcoming 500 changes patch
  • New creature attacks
  • Animations for potions, bandages
  • Auto-download mods for modded servers!

Plus the new content:

• Upcoming Taming system & Jhebbal Sag religion
  • Khitan style armors, weapons, decorations and T3 building material

Your audience is usually unfortunately stern with you (that probably comes along with being of the ‘Conan the Barbarian’ fandom), but you guys really are headed on the right track.

Cheers! I’m excited for the future of Exiles.

2 Likes

new dungeons too.
and better melee combat, new arrows.

1 Like

Releasing dlc move right now with so many disgruntled consumers, the game as it is, is broken.
Asking ppl to pay for content to be added to this mess will be an affront, u will sink this game faster than… Well it already is.
If u release dlc u need a reworked map where mounts can be used, huge leaps in optimization.
The ne new building blocks
Better AI
Just a better package altogether, i’ll give u 4.99 for wot u offer n only after u give me wot i was promised

1 Like

There wasn’t even a mention of sorcery in the article and previously on stream they had addressed the orbs as being a sort of stand in for it. After reading about the archery changes, it appears that with explosive and healing arrows, that they are again putting sorcery on the way back burner (like in another county back) and substituting it with archery for now. At least you can tame yourself a pack of poison shooting spiders to take out your enemies. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

People are focusing, wrongly, on the paid DLC part of the recent annoucement.
They also mentions a big free update with actual implications for actual gameplay, from new dungeons, to pets, archery rework, new god, and bug fixes ( hopefully, a lot ).

The paid DLC doesn’t even take time out of the devs hands by putting the load on the artists. Sure, there are armors and weapons, but it sounds essentially cosmetic for now.

Anyway, don’t look at the halt empty glass, look at the half full one =)

( but I saw that coming from miles. Announcing a paid DLC would obviously take all the attention over the free content and bug fixes. )

1 Like

One of the DLC will be new tier 3 building pieces!~ SO STOKED!

1 Like

I would love to see new features in the game, but that is not what is needed now the game needs to not constantly crash first, and yes dlc does take time away from fixing the issues that currently exist becuase there will be a whole new set of bugs on top of the really bad ones we already have.

Not rude at all…Great point in fact! The base idea is to Bug Test what is also in the DLC while bug testing the other ‘patched’ stuff. I know the ‘New’ issues as well as what is fixed. I can accept that for a small price. I can take the entire package and make that decision then and there.

1 Like

The point really isn’t about resources, where they come from, who gets pulled from what.

The point is, we all paid for this game. There are many parts of it that, a month later, still not working, things that are incomplete, ect… They still haven’t fixed the first product we gave them money for… and yet here they are wanting us to give them more money for other things. It’s very poor taste on their part at this point in time.

Last thing this game needs at this point is yes men and bootlickers.

3 Likes

A dinosaur survival thing game sells an paid dlc in ea phase…nobody cares…and now funcom is doing the same after ea…and so much guys are crying…what the hell…

They want money omg :roll_eyes: , i´m pretty sure, the dlc won´t cost the same as the groundgame…so wait and see…

Maybe we will find it out next week, all is possible

Yes funcom have a lot to do but…give them time…i have huge problems with engine crashes, not working purge, no weather system, unready djungle and volcano…but i can wait

I play funcom games since 2001…and i´ve learned patience…it is not easy i know but… it´s funcom :smiley: …they start with weeks of silence and after that they came back with a boooya

let´s hope the best :wink:

uuhhh…what??

"Studio Wildcard’s Ark: Survival Evolved remains in Early Access, however last week released its first paid expansion. The majority of comments found here—not to mention the fact that the game’s Steam reviews have swung from Mostly Positive to Mostly Negative over the past few days—would suggest a sizeable number of players have been upset by the move. Studio Wildcard has now officially responded. "

I really don’t know where you got that idea from.

1 Like

my personal experience from the steam forum, facebook and friends… the little part that complains about the paying dlc was attacked by the fans, this is what i mean with nobody cares :wink: my fail sry