** Funcom - THANK YOU for reviewing and acting on our feedback! **

I’ve mentioned before that we might’ve played alongside some pretty big stars. In fact, one of my videos contains a hat-tip to the legendary neophyte I know played near me during EA.

I keep thinking while out there sickling maybe Ashton Kutcher is gonna pop out from behind a desert berry bush or an aloe, one-shot me and howl “Barnesie you been punkd!” And then I spawn in the desert, and shortly thereafter so does Enyo, and we scratch our heads wondering whether it was aaalllll a dream.

Dude, where’s my Thrall?

Let us make a small tweak about your suggestion and let bug traps require rotten fish, so the circle goes around and around.

The more fish you have the more bugs, the more bugs the more fish and you would not worry about the liquid press anymore since you would recycle.
A sustainable environment is certainly important for Conan too, this eco activist :smiley:

You could just not use combat thralls if you don’t have the time or infrastructure to properly feed a army.

I know this sounds cold, but you just don’t have to have them. I mean, a solo player shouldn’t be able to amass a army of over 100 strong in combat thralls. It makes sense. The further your climb in the game and the more people you have in your tribe dictates the amount of thralls you can feed and equip.

I thought the whole point was to put all the fish into the press and get oil. If they made that change the cry would be louder then people complaining about having to feed their thralls. It’s one thing to have to a bait to get fish, it’s another thing to have to use the reagent which is now harder to get to create bait. So now the oil production is cut again by half cause half your fish will be used to make bait and the other half to get oil.

Bravo, Funcom!! Bravo!!

I still do not want to feed my thralls. But I believe that what you have come to with this update will be something that will be acceptable (at least to me).

THANK YOU for parsing the feedback shared here on the forums!!

Yeah, so they’re still going forward with the stupid thrall feeding system. They haven’t listened to jack and give you a breadcrumb

Thank you for listening to our feedback. This feeding system seems much better and on par with other survival games where feeding of pets was part of the game. The option to gather specialty foods for buffs and specific types of fish is also a nice addition. And most importantly, thank you for conversing with fans, letting us know your thoughts, and keeping us informed of upcoming changes.

That’s how we get good results! Developers and Players making the game together, nicely done FC and Community!

:clap:

Lets keep going!

Dude,come on. They specifically said they were going to include server settings to modify the amount of food needed to your desire or to turn it off entirely.

Not sure what you’re so sour about. If you read Jens post, they have obviously been listening and are acting on what they have heard.

Well, the updated system looks a lot more friendly. I am now back to “keeping an open mind” about the whole thing (which was my initial reaction, prior to the mess that went out at first).

Let’s see where it goes. It does seem they’ve listened, and that’s heartening.

No no no, if you’re going to throw shade, don’t mix your metaphors. Fanboys don’t bark, they left-handed golf clap. :golfclap:

:smiley:

Call it lazy and inefficient all you want, I know I did. This change makes thralls feel valuable without being onerous. The option to toggle Feeding off for servers is very good too. I suggest giving it a chance.

Alone removing bait as a requirement for fishing saved the game. That was extremely important. The lowering of feeding rates was a step away from suicide. Companions and pets being food-type agnostic for maintenance at least follows an accepted convention within survival games now…

While I still hate feeding with a passion, I’ll tolerate it for now, not because I want to see how that pans out (i already know it’s gonna suck. Did that mechanic for 2 years), but because it’s heading in the right direction, and it’s a server option now. While i’m scheiss out of luck for playing on an official server, it at least saves the game itself in terms of features that don’t have to be undone via mods.

I am still not for the feeding mechanic, but it’s definitely within acceptable parameters now. It’s a far cry from being bad enough to kill the game, and they can live off of the scraps that you’d normally just drop onto the ground, lol. If we have to live with this system, then they have it at a good feeding rate now. A half stack of gruel and it says 10 days before they starve.

Then join or create a private server, or play single player and turn off Thrall feeding. What more do you want? Today’s test live update is about as best case scenario as you can get, but some people just prefer to be salty for some reason.

Getting oil from fish is insanely easy and complaining that you would have to get seeds to press into oil if you couldn’t get it from fish is pathetic. The system now gives buffs for the right types of food and makes it a feature instead of a burden. Dedicated servers can mix and match all they want and the developers wind up adding pets by using an already in game system. This saves time, money and coding because pets don’t break the game with a new system that needs to integrate into already coded game.

Some day I hope they find a way to do mounts and then they can create a system that is not part of the thrall system for that since they already avoided adding a new system for pets. This would turn out to be a fantastic compromise. Look towards the future and keep your fingers crossed. Go get seeds. It isn’t that hard.

Thing is I do not like constant changes all that much.
First I had to use a Mod to keep fish to be producing, then they finally fixed it just followed by changing how this works.

The way I play I did not get much bugs since I do not often require plant fiber and when I go to gather I get a ton of it, bugs do spoil unless you put them in the fridge.

My biggest gripe with this change is that nothing will produce anything anymore without you being online.
So maybe, just maybe, I would like to play something else for some days, I know god forbid.
As it is now I can log in, empty my fish-traps and produce oil and go about my daily conan business, also having plenty of seafood to feed slaves if they would eat it.

As things are now I will first have to empty the meager amount I produced, then head out to gather bugs, and since (to my knowledge, please tell me if I am wrong) there is no specialised tool to gather them I will just run around maybe half an hour to get a decent amount.

Not really digging that, sorry.

No special tool, but if you use the axe on the fiber weeds, you will only gather bugs. Or nothing, mostly nothing. But when you get anything, it’s bugs.

But I don’t think this method gathers them any faster than with the sickle, you just don’t get any fiber. I could be wrong there, haven’t done a thorough test.

I’m kinda digging the iteration of Fishtraps they are going with. You don’t need bait, but if you do use it, you get the fish you want. That will make T3 structures not so painful.

I am loving the new bait concept for the fishtraps. I felt the original idea of requiring bait for no change was a poor choice. The change to using bait to help control the fish acquired is perfect. This way you can still use the traps without the extra grind, but you gain the ability of being able to better control the outcome using bait.

To me this is a great way for a mechanic to work. This is a good progression where you gain a tool, then later can put effort in to refine the tool if needed, but do bot need an extra grind to make the tool work. I am more optimistic concerning this and other changes.

As for the thrall feeding… I am glad they are adding in server side controls. This is a definite must given the nature of the game and was lacking in the earlier concept. I also like the change of requiring thralls to eat racial food type or they starve (seriously, why would a person not eat any real food if starving) to getting a bonus for eating specific food. Again, this is agood mechanic.

So thank you Funcom for listening. It is appreciated.