Funcom, we need to talk about PvP

I wasn’t intentionally attacking you. Like I said, I’m pissed off at those whose “logic” was that Funcom should remove this building technique from the game. If you were one of those, then I guess I was attacking you without knowing it.

I mean, the options were “either you adapt to the change in the rules or you get banned”. Now there are no options, you gotta adapt, except that PVE also gets screwed.

They’ve done that already, way before these patch notes. Thing is, they didn’t do it right. Instead of announcing it in a pinned post that everyone can see, they left it buried at the end of an obscure thread with 100+ posts.

So naturally, only a handful of people knew about it, because they hang around the forums a lot.

You’re pissed off at the wrong guy. If you take a look at that thread I mentioned, I was defending stacking in it, because I considered it emergent gameplay, based on the fact that they had said it’s not an exploit some 10 months before that thread.

And what I got for opening my big mouth was the confirmation that they changed their minds and now it’s an exploit.

So I’m not the one who decided that stacking is an exploit, Funcom did.

Again, take that up with Funcom, too, and their definition of exploit:

That’s from their own rules. From where I stand, it looks like building a fancy corridor in PVE, for decorative purposes, doesn’t convey an unfair advantage over other players, unlike stacking fence foundations in PVP for the purposes of artificially increasing the HP density of your base.

But again, the mistake people make when talking to me is that they think I care about what you do in PVP. No offense, but I don’t. I only get riled up and start discussing this when people who got banned come here and start asking for stuff like building limits and removal of building techniques.

And then people get pissy at me, because how dare I object and “try to silence them”. Apparently, I’m the combative asshat because I don’t want crap like that ruining PVE. And guess what? I was right to object, because look at what Funcom’s doing: removing a building technique. Maybe we need more combative asshats like me and fewer people whose logic is “if I can’t have it, nobody should”.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear enough: I don’t think that the game itself will blow it up when it rolls out to live. I think it’ll let stand whatever’s already built, but not allow building it again. So yeah, you’re right, it will get smashed by other players, on PVP servers.

Whoever built their fancy stuff on a PVE server better sit on it, because it’s gonna be a museum piece in the future.

3 Likes