Game freezes every few mins

Seems to be working now after the 20mb Update.

Iā€™ve got even install Conan newā€¦
Nothing helpsā€¦
What the f**k is the Problem againā€¦

Still not working for me, I revalidated twice. Unsubbed all mods, joined server and it install modsā€¦ keeps freezing.

Yes for few of my clan also still not. this wasnt a fix

Same for me, updated drivers (GTX 970) checked files. restarted PC. with one of the hotfixes ( the first i guess) i could play ~4 hours. After i closed the game and rejoined i could play for 1-2 minutes without tabbing out of the game then the game freezes. I can hear the ambiente sound and music.

maybe
try the solution from the neighboring theme crash in win7

i have win10 and didnā€™t even get a error message. it just freeze, sometimes the blurry windows screen sometimes blackscreen. Only thing i can do is kill it with the task manager. on the blackscreen iā€™m happy i have a secound monitor because nothing can pop up through the black screen. And i can play the game, for 1-2 minutes straight then it freeze

Thisā€¦ I have this problem as well.

1 Like

I FOUND A FIX!

(Example assumes Steam library is in C:\Steam)
First, uninstall BattleEye by going to and clicking here:
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\BattleEye\Uninstall_BattlEye.bat

Next, reinstall it from here:
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandbox_BE.exe

If the game launches, exit it.

Next, go into this folder and DELETE all the files:
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs

Finally, in that same folder, right click and create a new FOLDER named:
SilentEvents.log-upload-0

(making a folder with this name prevents the game from writing a log file here with the same name)

Thatā€™s it. Load up the game, you ā€œshouldā€ be stable and not freeze/lockup every 3 minutes like I was!
This fix was found in a Win7 thread (even though I like most people are running Win10) thatā€™s very active right now. Kudos to Illidan for it!

Hope this helps everyone get back into their game!

6 Likes

I did the same thing - I updated my video drivers as well. I can log into my server (iā€™m on a private server with no mods for 45 people) At first it locked up and froze when opening my compost box, the next time it happened, i was typing in chat, the next time I was doing nothing at all - I had been in the game for a full minute. Game locks up completely and when i bring up the task manager , it shows the game as unresponsive. Iā€™m giving up - I donā€™t know what else to do at this point. They should have rolled the game back until they had this stuff worked out. Itā€™s 11 p.m and has been unplayable since they rolled the patch out early this morning -thatā€™s a long time

I have that too

still happening

This Sort of worked!
I had to tweak it for mine (Win 10 if it matters)

Instead of the battleeye stuff, as I donā€™t use it, seems the Silent Events log is the kicker here possibly?

Mine had the text file named ā€œSilentEventsā€ (without quotes).
Win 10 lets you name folders and files the same name without conflict it seems, So I instead Created both a folder and text document both named ā€œSilentEventsā€ (without quotes), and then proceeded to make all files read only in the logs folder.

So far I have been in the server without freezing for about 20 mins up time now. Curios to see if this helps anyone else. I play on a server my friend pays for with 18 mods, for reference. Before trying this, I was screen freezing after being in only about 1-2 mins with about 15 tries, having to kill conan via task manager much like everyone else has been saying.

1 Like

Hey everybody,

Thanks for the thorough feedback, and apologies for the frustration.
Weā€™ve relayed all this information to our team so they can look into this problem.

1 Like

same here

Looks like this fixed it for me.

After digging around for about 3-4 hours and troubleshooting with various boilerplate techniques (GPU drivers, reinstall, etc), this worked for me.

Game would soft freeze after about 1-3 minutes. I could hear sounds, but complete graphics freeze and lockup, also unable to move the window. Was having to use windows task manager to ā€œend taskā€ on the game.

Iā€™m on Win10 x64 with AMD GPU. Game ran smoothly for about 10 minutes before I had to call it a night.

Thanks to Demonseed and apparently to Illidan! Great work!

1 Like

For those of you experiencing this issues, could you try this other workaround instead:
In the file <ROOT>\ConanSandbox\Config\Windows\WindowsEngine.ini , set the variable bPlayFabTelemetryEnabled=True to bPlayFabTelemetryEnabled=False
Let us know if this workaround gets rid of this issue while we work on a fix.

1 Like

That fix did not work for me :confused:

@Ignasi that didnā€™t work for me either, sorry.

i could run it locally but it would freeze if i connected to a server.

guessing the issue is within the communications code (mutex deadlock?)