Game freezes every few mins

This fix did not work. My game crashes exactly 2 minutes and 13 seconds after entering the game, repeatable. I updated my graphics drivers, no anti virus other than windows defender or whatever. Only 1 mod installed on the server I play on, and other people are able to play without any issues. I also verified file integrity through Steam.

Nothing works we tried all fixes and work arounds my RP partner cant login for two days alreeady this must be fix asap man.

RE: POSSIBLE FIX - Client freeze after a minute. I sent my logs to Funcom and got a reply back that they believed my crashes were due to Mod mismatch.

I exited game and steam, fired up a fresh session. At Launcher, I went into Mods and ensured that my mod list on client exactly matched mod list on server (I had had both a mod update and I had been playing previously with tonight’s Northern Timber release). Selected my server, logged in, no issue. I only had time to remain on server for 5-10 minutes but client appeared stable, GPU did not peg itself but showed a fairly steady state.

I have delivered that info to Funcom as I believe this is still something to be resolved on their end (playing with temp mod list or perhaps mod autoloader handling?) but this seems to have resolved my client freeze.

I encourage players with this issue to deliver their logs and DXDIAG to Ignasis as requested via DM (do not post here as IPs may be exposed) help Funcom to identify and isolate the root issues and patterns of occurrence.

May Crom shrug in indifference to us all.

@Shupa , it worked, the player is connected for more than 30 minutes without falling, before it was logged in at most 03 minutes

I had this. I uninstalled all mods and been stable for 10 minutes. I was freexing out every 2 mins before.

EDIT: just to clarify, the server I was on didn’t use mods, so it wasn’t even a loaded mod. It was just in the list!

@vaudeville101 are you saying you had mods loaded on your client but the server you played on had no mods, so when you logged into server, you got the mod mismatch screen and auto-loader had to unload your selected mods to play on un-modded server?

Then you tried manually deselecting all mods, accessing un-modded server and it was fine?

me too,

two days ago, was losing FPS from 100 to 3, instantly, every 3-5 minutes,

gonna keep testing, i think its gone with those updates,

but lets keep watching

DONT CLOSE TOPICS SO FAST STAFF, PLEASE

For those of you still having freezing/unresponsive game clients - please try this fix. I had tried everything else I could think of - but the following worked for me - it was posted by Demonseed but the guy who posted it first is listeded here. A HUGE thanks to these guys for posting it - i can finally play again.
I FOUND A FIX!

(Example assumes Steam library is in C:\Steam)
First, uninstall BattleEye by going to and clicking here:
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\BattleEye\Uninstall_BattlEye.bat

Next, reinstall it from here:
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandbox_BE.exe

If the game launches, exit it.

Next, go into this folder and DELETE all the files:
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs

Finally, in that same folder, right click and create a new FOLDER named:
SilentEvents.log-upload-0

(making a folder with this name prevents the game from writing a log file here with the same name)

That’s it. Load up the game, you “should” be stable and not freeze/lockup every 3 minutes like I was!
This fix was found in a Win7 thread (even though I like most people are running Win10) that’s very active right now. Kudos to Illidan for it!

Hope this helps everyone get back into their game!

2 Likes

so incredibly frustrating
game freezes every few seconds like others here. Then have to use the task manager to force the program to close.

I have tried two methods posted on the forums here ---- the removal of the logs after removing and adding back battle eye and putting in that new folder in the logs folder as well as what the community manager here posted.

This was a very unwise and foolish move of the company to put through such a poorly programmed patch with so many errors and issues that were not resolved beforehand.

@Firestar if you are using mods, consider ensuring that every mod you have selected for your client exactly matches the mod load order for the server you will be logging into. (see my post above) GL!

Sorry but this is totally freaky because the crashes happen with and also without mods. My m8 reinstalled the Server without a mod and the Nitrado Server itself is now crashing every few minutes
. or is totally unsivisble and noone can join it.

The only Problem here is the FunCom Patch not more not less and to blame modder isnt the right way i think!!

1 Like

Not blaming modders, I am a modder. Was pointing out that my freeze/crash of game client was caused by mod mismatch between server and client, and the steps I took to manage my connection to obtain a workable solution while Funcom works on permanent fix.

My message is to engage with Funcom and partner with them to help them gather data to help us. It is an ugly and painful situation. By no means are they sitting on their thumbs, but what they need is data to find patterns to discover root causes.

If there are players who play on officials or only on unmodded server AND who do not subscribe to any mods AND get the game client freeze after a couple minutes of play. That would be an interesting data point.

1 Like

If they need data why they do not use the log files provided from Server Hosts for example.

The Point is when you got a fresh Installation without any mods on a rented Server the complete Server is crahsing every few minutes. So mods cant be the Problem. An interesting Point is that the intro Video is also a Problem. Sometimes it starts sometimes not.

Also the game runs fine when you Play “Single Player” but Multi is totally uselesss no way to play. And we are now waiting since 4 / 5 Days for a fix.

And this isnt the first time we got the same Situation with the Launcher and funcom “Google search” and you got month to read all the crash Information 

[

Black screen with sound - Age of Conan Global Forums

forums-archive.ageofconan.com â€ș 

](http://forums-archive.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?187283-Black-screen-with-sound)

forums-archive.ageofconan.com â€ș 

1. Im Cache

Diese Seite ĂŒbersetzen

Hey I haven’t logged on for about 2 weeks, I just tried to start up AoC then and i’m getting the usual start-up stuff but only sound no display, just 

Black Screen - Cant make it to login screen - Age of 

6 Posts

1. Mai 2015

AOC Launcher black screen . - Age of Conan Global 

1 Post

1. MĂ€rz 2017

Dxgi.error NVidia 600 Issues - Age of Conan Global 

10 Posts

1. MĂ€rz 2013

Known Issues - Age of Conan Global Forums

7 Posts

1. Mai 2008

Weitere Ergebnisse von forums-archive.ageofconan.com

16.01.2014 - 3 Posts - ‎3 Autoren

Information from Discord:

TheLOLxd2heute um 21:59 Uhr

We are in the process of creating a build that will address several issues for PC including lost characters, duplicate servers in the server list, and crashing for Windows 7. We currently plan on releasing this tomorrow, the 18th. Thank you for your feedback and patience.

These crashed occur with or without mods, sadly.

Same crashes appeared after patch. No mods. Private server.
Performed DDU, Format, rollback drivers, different type of connection (WiFi, Ethernet, HotSpot). Different SSD.
Error appears same 3-5 min after login. Sometimes it’s like you got disconnected (you can still run around, but no emotes and no items will be clickable), then, game freezes and closes. Sometimes, it’s instant game closure without error report.

Thank you for looking into it.

Server logs do not contain client side crash info.

AOC =/= Conan Exiles, the likely similarity in symptom (freeze/black screen) is likely due to similar end result (overloaded GPU) but the root cause is likely different.

You are discussing server side crashing, which I was not aware was happening after latest patch. I was addressing a specific client side behavior.

I am working to seek solutions, find common threads, help to identify workarounds in the interim.

If you prefer to thrash and rage and poke things with sticks, have at it; but it is unlikely such behavior will result in solutions.

2 Likes

The game freezes Constantly on either Multi and Single player reinstalling and file Validation didn’t fixed the issue. Absolutelly unplayable.

We successfully resolved our issues with the following steps:

1. Cleaned out the server database file of any lingering mod-controller calls to mods we had uninstalled, and any extra remaining files. We noticed people who were freezing were getting flooded with errors suddenly from mods we’d long uninstalled, this resolved some issues immediately.

2. Made sure everyone was no longer attempting to connect with the auto-generated modlist that server connections can generate. Everyone had to have their manual modlist.txt in their Mods folder match the server list. We found people who were still crashing/freezing were being allowed to login despite the server logging an error at their connection of a mod mismatch.

3. The last of the freezes/crashes were resolved by utilizing the silentlog folder override trick mentioned by the win7 users that had found it was fixing their crashing. I FTP’d into my server files and made the folder in the Saved/Logs section. Our server personally doesn’t run Battleye, but I was seeing calls to it in the server log regardless. I additionally deleted the .dll files in the Binaries folder tree as a precaution.

2 Likes

That might not be the case at this point. By checking logs last 6 strings are:

[2020.06.17-20.53.07:969][819]LogNetPlayerMovement:Warning: CreateSavedMove: Hit limit of 96 saved moves (timing out or very bad ping?)
[2020.06.17-20.53.08:119][828]LogNet:Warning: UIpNetDriver::ProcesRemoteFunction: No owning connection for actor BasePlayerChar_C_1. Function CancelFalling will not be processed.
[2020.06.17-20.53.08:119][828]LogNet:Warning: UIpNetDriver::ProcesRemoteFunction: No owning connection for actor BasePlayerChar_C_1. Function CancelFalling will not be processed.
[2020.06.17-20.53.08:488][850]LogNet: Ping to 0.0.0.0:26829 failed
[2020.06.17-20.53.09:298][899]LogDreamworld:Display: http_response throws - could not contact the bug reporting server: WinHttpSendRequest: 12002: The operation timed out

[2020.06.17-20.53.09:298][899]LogOutputDevice:Display: Bug report upload failed with result code -1, took 21.040 seconds.

And game crashes.

Might be the case or might not.