Game Just Disapears At Start

when I try to play it just locks up my whole computer, I have to restart my computer, I tried to start a new game to play the expansion, after I set up what type of game (civilized.etc.etc.) and clicked play it goes blank and locks everything up, there was an error message saying that I needed to authenticate files or something like that, I did that and it didn’t do any good.

@Oduda Could you please give some technical details:

• Hardware specs
  • Windows version
  • Anti-Virus/Firewall Software
  • Your logs, if you have any
  • Are you launching the game from steam (via play) or from a desktop shortcut?
  • Can you try launching the game from here: \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64 (with and without BattleEye)?
  • Is your network set to private or public?
  • What DNS does your network use? IPv4 & IPv6?

About to go to work so I can’t get everything right now but windows 10. I have tried from desktop icon as well as from steam. I have tried with and without battle eye. I have tried to delete battle eye and re-install it. I have tried without live services. I have tried just about everything imaginable. But as you will see on one of the other treads about this exact same issue I as just about every other person with this issue do have an AMD processor as it seems to only effect people with AMD processors.

1 Like

By any chance your System is AMD Base? I am thinking back for like 3-4 years when AMD users where not able to launch the game, this issue seems to be more or less the same. It behaves like back then at least.

Do not expect anyone from Funcom to even take their time and reply…they cba to respond to their players.

Is there anyone in this thread who has this issue but doesn’t run an AMD processor? There were supposed to be optimizations for AMD so maybe something went wrong there.

Does any of this here help?

1 Like

I did number 1. No change.

Number 2 is just ‘get a new computer’. It was working fine with my computer before this update, why should I get a new one?

Number 3 would require me to be able to start the game to actually make changes to my graphic settings. I cant get the game to start and stay past the menu where it crashes.

Number 4 is the same. Cannot get into the game.

Example:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/ConanExiles/ConanSandbox/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/Engine.ini

Edit it in notepad, and add the following to the end of the file:

[/script/engine.audiosettings]
bDisableMasterEQ=True

YES! Narelle you are amazing!!!

4 Likes

@Oduda Omg, it worked. Hope it helps the others too. Mark your post as a solution maybe, since mine is just suggesting random stuff to try :smiley:

2 Likes

Perhaps I spoke to soon. I was able to get to the title screen once. I was able to view servers. I attempted to join one (I’ve never gotten this far before) and it just attempted and attempted and attempted before it timed out and froze. Not it just crashes at the “connecting to Funcom live services” pop up again. So wtf did it work that one time??? OMG so annoying.

1 Like

Try this as well?

If you manage to go back to the main menu, can you try setting all your audio sliders to 0.

Funcom, any update? Any word? ANYTHING?

1 Like

Funcom, any update?

It has been almost two weeks since I am many others have paid for this DLC and none of us can even get the game to start. Can you at least acknowledge ANY of the multiple threads on this subject? Is that really to much to ask? @Ignasi @Funcom_Community @Tascha

1 Like

on steam have just posted 3 more players with same problem, are already many players so and solve nothing.

if it was a free game understood the delay but no , this 11 days without playing will have compensation?

but I think it’s funny, there are lots of players complaining that the servers are empty, normal many can not play, now raise a question will be that until a certain point this is not good for fucom, how many more players on the new map more complaint will have, because I can not play I can not complain about the new map, but and a guess of mine an outburst of a player who is frustrated by having spent money and not being able to play

I think I don’t think i need to be very smart to realize one thing , the players who can get into the game and complain that there are few players to play, are the same ones who complain that the servers are having ping problems, now imagine if everyone could play the servers went down, my conclusion will only fix the game for us when the servers are stabilized

Hey @Oduda

Could you send us your game logs (stored in \saved\logs within your game’s installation directory) so we can send it to our team and see if they can spot the issue?

So the team handling patching/bug fixes ain’t even aware of the situation?

13 days Ignasis…13 days since a fully payed game stopped functioning and went back into Early Access.

You know what’s funny :slight_smile: … The game is not generating any logs at it should do…Because it just goes “poof”. No “bug/error description” window either.

There is a good thing in all this mess up :wink: . I went back to Age of Conan. Yet another unfinished game payed fully + subscription. Cool, right? :wink:

@Oduda @morais1991 @swgunn Sorry guys.

Funcom cannot go so low and offer a explanation, or at least a simple “Sorry”. I know of at least 10-15 topics about this issue on these forums/reddit and steam…Ignasis is the first one to ask for logs…13 Days.

Have a good evening/day all!

I would be happy to, who should I send them to?

true 13 days without playing, lots of people complaining just today ask for something, and a shame we will be more how many days without playing? will there be compensations ?

if you can tell us when the fix will come out, we’d be grateful