Getting betrayed from clan mates after we helped them recover from a wipe

This is probably the worst case of betrayal I had yet. Me and my clan mate recruited a new player and his friends to our clan. Basically we had things settled enough to where our clan name alone will make raiders think twice about attacking. Recently the whole server tried to destroy me (for mocking the alpha clan after they wiped me) and all they were left with was structures blocking their land and constant bombings. Eventually the whole server agreed to become peaceful with me because all the fighting against me left them frustrated. So the story from the new recruits was that they got raided and everything was taken. So that same day, we made them a nice hidden base and helped them grind a lot of resources. Since the war was over, I didn’t mind helping them out. But the very next day they took our stuff and left. I was kind of dumbfounded because it would had been more beneficial for them to stay since they were lower level. They even messaged me saying they took our stuff. Thing is… they forgot after we told them 6 times that the location wasn’t our main base… Eventually they just gave back our stuff because they realized it was kind of a dumb move on them and it left them with a bad reputation. I honestly don’t understand why someone would back stab a clan that basically helped them recover from being wiped to an awesome setup in one day.

4 Likes

I blame regular Game of Thrones watchers for this.

8 Likes

Well, you must punish them, only way people learn.
My Clan is normally peacefull but after one guy killed a low level mate from behind and took his stuff, we searched his base.
It was a small house, we destroyed half of it and took everything.
Im very revengefull, so if someone mess with us he have to pay the price.
Also you shouldnt trust anyone, it was good not to show your mainbase, before knowing them.

7 Likes

Yea not surprised, its pvp…D.T.A! still sucks it’s like that tho.

Easy on blaming GOT mate :wink:

I am one of those you mention but prefer PVE and peaceful co-existence

Not trusting people has served me extremely well. There’s a reason I outlasted everyone on ARK, and am now outlasting most of my server on CE. (both PvE though)

Independence is true freedom.

Interestingly this has had people trust me with their things over the vacation, so they can pick up their things when they are back.

I believe those who do not trust, are the most trustworthy.

Honestly, I find it shameful and dishonorable to be betrayed by players you have helped or even “adopted” as allies. I know this is just a game and players have “freedom” to behave and act as they please before their own free will. But I have a tendency to enjoy playing as a supporter or in a cooperative mode and I find it sad and a waste to think that you can be betrayed cowardly just to get some immediate and dishonest gain. I think it’s much healthier and more rewarding to be able to create strong alliances, or at worst to be neutral with others (obviously I do not mean the purely competitive aspect of pvp).

In The Last of Us, for example, their mutilplayer mode lets you play in groups against others. I was the group’s skilled nurse and could heal and “rescue” wounded allies if that were feasible. I found it fun to be able to help others and my “style” helped me to meet new friends. Even on GTA V - contrary to its “free for all” context - I basically created lobbies to play co-op on missions / heists only.

I think it’s all a matter of putting yourself in the shoes of others. I do not like to betray others and for this very reason I hope to receive the same treatment.

5 Likes

I agree with this in so many ways. I have joined a clan finally but we took our time and got to know each other, almost like dating.

Now I roll with some guys who are as nice and vicious as I am. Solo has advantages but the wars are so different when in a clan.

1 Like

We’d love to have more guys like y’all on our server: 1578 official PVP. We’re happy to help out new players, and welcome PVP and even getting challenged, as long as people don’t resort to spamming and generally aren’t dicks.

2 Likes

If your trying to avoid all the drama that a official server does then move over to a private server. I actually have one and am recruiting people to it. Very active and fun with no foundation spamming

Our clan (on server 1578) uses structures, placed at range from our bases, to deter trebuchet attacks. Instead of just spamming foundations, we’ve built little “villages” with huts, decorations, signs, etc.; also, cool “lighthouses”. These are astetically pleasing to come across and I feel isn’t an offensive tactic. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Thats just spamming foundations with more steps! Jk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well somehow my clan mate convinced someone in the server to talk to the players who betrayed me. They tried talking tough but since they were young… the guy told them to get their parents on the mic. It ended up with the mom getting told off and the kids got told to get off the playstation and were told to never play Conan Exiles again…

1 Like

Young, how young we’re they? Isn’t Exiles rated 18?! :grin:

1 Like

Because deceit is a trait humans are very known for?

1 Like

Since when has a sign which tells a game is only for 18+ hold off anyone wanting to play a game? O.o

Of course not! But it would be funny, if it weren’t for the console censoreship, I would jump naked infront of them while talking with his mother “hello mom of X, how do you like my boobs?”. Problem with kids ingame solved! :wink:

2 Likes

You are cruel. :joy:

But really? Why hindering minors from playing a game. It’s their parents descision, and as long as those kids dont get weird ideas, I think its fine.

I for myself had fun battling with my mother and stepfather when I was 14, us three playing Unreal Tournament. I loved building maps there, though I have never been patient enough for details.
However, when my classmates got to know that, all of them were artificially panicking about me becoming a next… bad guy. If you get what I mean.
Idiots. Just treat everyone with respect and you wouldnt have to fear a thing - unless that person is mentally ill in a creepy way. If at least their panic had been real (they only wanted to set the teacher against me) it would have counted as karma to me. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I wish there was more stuff like this happening. I would prob never do it myself because I would feel awful, but in a sandbox game there is a need for villains, scum and mercenaries imo. It’s just a game after all.

You are cruel. !:joy:

But really? Why hindering minors from playing a game. It’s their parents descision, and as long as those kids dont get weird ideas, I think its fine.

No, I’m not but in that case it would have been some funny kind of justice, though.:smirk:

I wish there was more stuff like this happening. I would prob never do it myself because I would feel awful, but in a sandbox game there is a need for villains, scum and mercenaries imo. It’s just a game after all.

@Lied You should play EVE Online. Read the stories of great fraud and trickery some put up! If your clanmate in CE destroyes your base with thousands of resources, it’s just meh against what somebody did their. Not that you should tread others like that, but it still give a good story to read.