Gore toggle yet?

Just saving funcom having to spend time and resources. Think about it. A new none gore death animation would be needed. It was easy to censor nudity. I wish The USA wasn’t full nudity censored. Admin Command you can find the default loincloth in armor. The programming of a new death animation and bugs/glitches that the animation would cause. Is it worth the money and resources to add new none gore death animation/s.

1 Like

Quite obvious, the first reason there is a nudity toggle but not one for gore is a simple but sad one. It is simply because nudity would cause far more of a controversy in this day and age than gore would, because there are people in high positions with incredibly backwards ways of being politically correct, a game with such gratuitous nudity without an option to reduce or disable it would cause far more problems than a game with just obscene levels of gore it.

The second reason however is more technical, as even in this game’s early access days, it was announced that Conan Exiles would be on consoles, not just PC, and certain countries are touchier than others when it comes to nudity on consoles compared to on PC.

There was no reason a gore toggle was considered priority from a business standpoint, but one for nudity was.

1 Like

There would be no need for new death animations if a gore toggle is added, it would simply disable dismemberment when turned on. There have been times both players and NPCs have died without limbs coming off or being cut in half when I have played, so a gore toggle would simply be programmed to work with the RNG involved with a human model’s death and prevent the dismemberment from triggering.

As for the loincloth and chestwrap being in the admin console, have nudity set to partial and try equipping the chestwrap onto a female player character, it will have no visible form, the female character will remain topless, the loincloth does the same on full nudity, it will be equipped, but remain invisible. Both the chestwrap and loincloth will only show on thralls. They are simply there because enemy NPCs have a chance of dropping them, they don’t do anything apart from wasting an equipment slot.

If the world were fair, the US and Canadian console versions would also be uncensored, but the reason for their censoring doesn’t lie with Funcom, it is the ESRB who seem to have completely different rules for console than they do for PC.

This is why I, and so many others have shown ways to get the game uncensored on consoles, but those who complain about the lack of full nudity on consoles (yourself included), choose to ignore these suggestions and just continue to complain in a place where your voice won’t be heard on the matter, Funcom are powerless to add full nudity to these versions of the game.

1 Like

THEN THIS IS WHY WE NEED GORE TOGGLE TO BE EQUAL AS NUDITY TOGGLE.

Not having gore toggle but ok to have nudity toggle= Is like your a fan of “Gore ok , nudity bad”
WTF?!

Besides look at Witcher Series for example , it has both nudity(not full frontal, except in 2nd part ) and gore together and there isn’t nudity option for it . The nudity content set itself in game without an option .

Freaking Western or America views on Normal nudity needs to be reform and act like how they act on gore …

1 Like

Twisting my words to try push your own point across, I see, then let me make this abundantly clear to you in no uncertain terms, in no way did I EVER say that was my stance, I stated that a nudity filter was the smarter business choice than a gore filter on launch as nudity tends to cause more controversy than gore does when it comes to video games.

In no way did I ever say I was anti nudity but pro gore, in fact, my reply to @Bryan_Skull’s post should’ve made that clear, why would someone who is against nudity, on multiple occasions, across multiple threads give people the solution to get nudity in their game where they otherwise wouldn’t!? The answer is simple, they wouldn’t.

You fail to completely understand what people are saying and blindly jump to conclusions based on a skim read, and talking down to people in such a condescending, childish manner does not help your argument.

2 Likes

Look. I think its ridiculous that there are even a couple people fighting against this… For the last time… A toggle is NOT taking away your gore… Your resistance here is pushing your views on others… Which is just as bad as forced censorship (which is not what is being asking for). Just as nudity has a toggle, its not crazy to think there could be one for Gore… Plenty of ppl turn nudity off from what ive seen in streams, are they affecting your gameplay? Just like you wouldnt attack someone for turning nudity off ON THEIR SCREEN, stop getting confrontational about someone wanting the same choice for gore. Sorry if not everyone wants to see guts as much as you… Maybe that’s what bothers you? I dont know…

1 Like

I would also note that a new animation isn’t needed, the animation already exists for NPCs being knocked unconscious.

2 Likes

And several exist for NPC death without gore, too. Literally all this switch would need to do was not activate a dismemberment (all dismemberment deaths are rag-doll deaths, so just play the rag doll without creating new physics objects) and replace the blood sprites with a transparent image if the switch was toggled - and not at any other time.

It’s not rocket science, it’s not a big job, and we know it can be done, since it already has been done.

2 Likes

Or just go old school and switch the blood from red to green.

On second thought, that actually sounds like it might be even worse. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Look, bottom line is Funcom knows they have a fanbase that obviously loves control over customization of their experience. Thats why people love this game. I will keep going back to the point of the Nudity toggle bc its a great example of this. And that toggle isnt bc of ESRB, its Funcom, because they understand this point. It applies to gore too. Thats my point

2 Likes

In no way did I ever say I was anti nudity but pro gore, in fact

And I never said or mentioned you said that .
But there some people exist like that .

I stated that a nudity filter was the smarter business choice than a gore filter on launch as nudity tends to cause more controversy than gore does when it comes to video games.

No it’s not smarter choice to me , it’s more like ”they want to teach Americans Or other players that a human organs and bloods, Dismemberment flowing out is enjoyable while non-sexual human body is evil and bad?! “”

Take look at that early Access VR game called “ Blade and Sorcery” for example . Dev of that game added gore and dismemberment on update but they didn’t add nudity option (since it has advanced clothing system ) and the undress is limit to underwear/bra ?!
WTF?!

So That’s how i Feel and that’s why we need gore toggle .(If Funcom able to make it )

America is Fked up

(Sorry for my english)

1 Like

Exactly, just because they would add a toggle option for gore that doesn’t mean it would be taken away for those that want it on. It’s still there, just like the nudity is still there for those that have it turned on, and the maturity rating still applies. No one would be forced to change, your right to watch someone’s head fly off is not being taken away. No one would lose their precious gibs, unless they accidentally toggled the setting off.

I don’t understand the intensity in which people are arguing against this, Nudity has a toggle for reasons, Gore can have a toggle for reasons. I’d get it if this were a discussion about turning gore off altogether, but that’s not what it is, is it?

It’ll be fiiiinnnnnnne!

Note:

I’m also tired of the argument of, “this will be too complicated for them to program” this is a suggestions forum, it’s not a place where we’re supposed to dictate what is a viable idea for them to program. Unless you’re a funcom dev, why are you even posting in a thread with that kind of response?

It’s coming from a very subjective angle, and in so many words says, “I don’t like this idea, so it would be a waste of the programmers time”. It’s seriously like people panic and worry that a suggestion that they don’t like is going to get worked on, and take away from whatever it is they’re interested in, so they police suggestions.

I just don’t comment or reply in suggestions that don’t appeal to me, maybe I’m weird?

1 Like

I really wish this was a thing, but until then, mods need to suffice. Is there not one out there? I added it as part of my personal mod. If there is still demand, i could make one, but it was kind of dirty and quick. Not sure if the other person who abandoned theirs did it better. I don’t have the expertise to make it a toggle or only for the client, so it’d only work if added to the server and all players on it.

As for Violence V Nudity, usually this kind of censorship comes from a more conservative religious mindset, where sexuality is heavily discouraged and modesty encouraged (violence kind of isn’t much of a topic there, because most of society agrees on it). It really doesn’t seem that odd that nudity would be more in focus. I personally hate nudity&Gore in my games, it’s just gross. Nothing about toughening up matters here, it’s just gross and reduces my enjoyment of the game.
As for making it toggle-able, it seems like it wouldn’t be super easy for the devs, but also not really hard. Take it with a grain of salt, though, because i’m a novice at Unreal.

1 Like

Liman’s ‘No Blood’ and ‘Less Blood’ mods have around 1800 subscribers, despite being out of date and no longer functional, so there is definitely some demand for a mod that removes dismemberment and reduces/removes blood. If you set yours up on the workshop, and were keeping it up to date, I’d certainly add it to my server - the whole reason I am here is because two thirds of my players have stopped playing since Litman dropped his mod, and Funcom still hasn’t done the sensible thing.

Of course, a mod is really not a proper solution - we need Funcom to actually put the switch in the game, to avoid this same issue turning up in the future. No-one should be having to spend time fighting the Dev Kit, committing to updates (on Funcom’s schedule/whim), or dealing with compatibility issues and load orders, to fix something that Funcom could fix permanently in a day - all because Funcom, for some reason that they won’t admit, have failed for years to add something that should have been in the game at release. Funcom has given us control over nudity, resource collection levels, hunger, damge taken and dealt, purges, and a thousand other things - but not gore. Blood and dismemberment (of only humans, for some reason), seems to be the only thing that Funcom feels is vital to the game experience - and we, clearly, are not allowed to decide that for ourselves. PvP? Up to you. Death penalty? Totally up to you. Difficulty? Of course, it is up to the player. Stupidly OTT gore of humans but nothing else? No! You MUST have that, or the game is ruined!

How much faith does Funcom have in the game if they feel that the only thing it has going for it isn’t the gameplay or the mods or the ability to play your own way - it’s just the gore.

1 Like

Yea, I agree, I’m on PS4 so a mod wont do me much good lol. Like you said, we have control of everthing else, why not this?

I think a gore toggle is a fair request. But how about a gore slider? I, for one, welcome the gore, and would like to see more of it. It makes me laugh when I see my freshly slaughtered enemy’s head rolling down the hill. So in addition to being able to turn gore off, we should be able to set the game to “MAX GORE” with excessive pools of blood, more severed limbs, and louder screams/gurgles.

If we do get this toggle at least let it be put in a Major update. I have a bad feeling about this toggle.

It does seem like something that if added would be put in a major update, it’s a significant addition, not just a slight tweak of something. I also have a sneaking suspicion that if this does get implemented, there might be the odd bug or glitch, but nothing game-breaking.

Play with care or don’t play at all

Gee I hate censorship and thinking about too much minorities
We are making this world a hard to place to live in, there are too much things to keep in mind…

Wont affect you at all… One less thing for you to keep in mind

1 Like