Griefers have an easy time while the server bleeds, What do you have to say about this Funcom

If they didn’t want to screw their customers, they wouldn’t have released an unfinished game.
Somehow I doubt they’re concerned about that.

1 Like

What?

There’s 387 official servers. 40 player limit. If all are full during prime time, that’s less than 16,000 players playing official. There’s nearly 40,000 during peak.

2/3rds of PC players playing play on something other than official. The game wouldn’t tank without official. Yall would simply join an open private server. In fact if there were no official servers, you all wouldn’t even know any better. You’d think private servers were the norm.

But I think official servers are a great thing. It gives the riffraff somewhere to go instead of going to private servers they know they’d be banned in for having dumb names, making racist comments, and just being an all round rude person.

So by all means, stay there. Do not come on to private servers. Do us both a favor.

Haha! I had to make an account just to remark that this high horse elitist attitude of certain private server players is making me wonder why I’d ever think it was a good idea to play there.

The idea that official servers are full of childish griefers is hilarious. I’ve been playing official pvp since day one, and have found the vast majority of players to be friendly — preferring to mind their own business and work on their massive bases than spend much time raiding each other.

4 Likes

Yet here you are being rude to ppl that play on official servers whilst saying we’d be banned from private servers for doing just that, i think u’ll find that many of us on official just want to play the game as it was meant to be played, no boosts etc.
Also, if this game was launched without official servers i for one would not have bought it.

5 Likes

Taemien, what exactly your comment have to do with the topic I opened?

2 Likes

They certainly do have an easy time exploiting game systems to cause other players grief.

Land claiming is the biggest problem. I’d suggest the devs focus on resolving that one. Some people have offered suggestions about a ‘Tool Chest’ ala Rust, or different claim systems.

For the PvE servers, Funcom can block building in some spots like the biome tunnels.

1 Like

Everything. People complain about the state of official servers but prove that those servers are perfect for them. Griefers griefing each other. That is normal and intended.

Yesterday I decided to join a pve server and I was impressed with constructions at noob river , I did not recognize the scenario anymore … where is the river? A big wall and foundations in the whole river… thats sad

Except the griefers are very much the minority, yet u labelled all official players as such.

I have found that many times the server admin of an unofficial server is actually a closeted griefer.

I’ve joined about 10 unofficial servers and in almost every one the server admin did something to give his clan a big edge over everyone else. Maybe they did it “legally”. Well of course they did - they made the rules. But there it is. Go into an unofficial PvP server and 9/10 times you will see that the admin’s clan has a huge advantage that they probably would not have if they did not own the server and make the rules.

1 Like

As some have said, just a few players can definitely ruin an entire community, I cant see how this is any good for the company. It doesnt matter where your playerbase is, private, single or official servers, negative reviews is a negative review, several people who dont own the game may be disencourage by negative comments.

Funcom can fix the problem without hiring anybody, they just need to add in game tools we can report players and structures, once it gets too much negative votes from the community its removed and the owner punished somehow. Its easy like that, it cant be spammed by griefers as we only have one character per account, and should be smart enough to notice when its a clan effort against a single person to grief them.

2 Likes

Official servers are the wild west of this game. Like the settlers of the west, there was something wrong or off about the players who choose to play there.

I just choose to stay where you can’t use racist terms and names, can’t build single block foundations to block people in, and can’t use hacks and exploits. Something to be said about players who can tolerate those things.

1 Like

Except in many other games these players are dealt with and punished. Thats the reason of this thread, they are given a free pass to continue, yet u feel that is our fault for being “RIFF RAFF” for playing on an official server.
So answer me. If its not ur server, can u guarantee it will be there next month?
Can u guarantee u won’t be kicked for falling out with hosts friend.
Will ur host never get a power trip n lvl u for shiggles?
Private servers are only any good if if u run ur own

1 Like

I have never had an issue on a hosted server with host doing anything out of sorts

However I have seen many issues on official servers

Guess I’m lucky or you are unlucky

Had the opposite experience, i was kicked from an ark server for being too helpful

Except they’re not dealt with. This isn’t a MMORPG, that’s apples and oranges. The official servers are never going to be regulated, that’d cost more than it does to run them.

I can guarantee a server I’m running if I chose to run one myself (mine’s private for testing) will likely last longer than the official ones. They cost over $70k a month to run, assuming half cost for bulk. Once sales level off, the official servers will outlive their usefulness and you all will be dumped to private servers or single player.

If you have evidence to show otherwise, I’d love to see it. I really really doubt Gportal is going to provide a free service here. Bandwidth and electricity isn’t cheap. I know… I’m a customer of Gportal myself.

1 Like

I have never had an issue on a hosted server with host doing anything out of sorts

However I have seen many issues on official servers

Guess I’m lucky or you are unlucky

It’s also possible you just don’t realize what is happening or you don’t test things out to see. For example, does the server admin also play? Does he just so happen to have the most powerful clan? Well that in itself does not prove anything but it usually makes me go hmmm … let me test a few things out. Or is there an “in” group on the server and “others”? Again, not cheating it’s just human nature but you go onto that server at a distinct disadvantage. I completely understand how it happens - someone makes a server so he and his best friends can play and they want to do PvP so they invite others. All above board until you realize again the “in” group has a few things that you doubt they got the old fashioned way. Or there may be other coincidences like the way the “home” team base is set up it is impregnable because of one specific house rule but if it was on an official server it wouldn’t be. Could all be unintentional or coincidence but there it is the home team has a big advantage with an impregnable base and might have the only location that is possible with lots of resources nearby.

Note I still play on these servers - It’s much better than the state official servers are in. I’m just saying that it’s not all rainbows and unicorns on hosted servers.

One I quit real quick though was the one where the dude would teleport to me in the noob zone and kill me if I didn’t RP with him, lol. Before I could even lay a bedroll out. “RP with me or I’ll kill you, lmao”

I have played a bunch of different types sometimes the owner doesn’t play at all

Also have had servers where the host is part of the smaller guilds or sometimes they are huge it’s all over the place and have yet to see an issue in any of them

Yes, I understand. You have not seen any problems. I addressed that point in my post.