Hard reset for 3.0

Glad i reread the names in this thread i almost came at op sideways.

I think just by the responses to this thread is proof of how wrong this assumption would be. Doesnt matter how many new players get created how many of them are gonna buy dlc, battlepasses, or crom coins? This is a game as a service backed by tencent, profit needs to be turned. The constant idea of “new blood >/= old paying customers” how well does it ever work out? Who is doing better financially as a franchise after theyve chased out the old gaurd for all those oh so trendy communist twitter types? Real question please provide answers. So sure wipe all the old paying customers bases theyve spent years on who are excited to spend money on new stuff … for their old bases. That makes sense.

Oh mer crom dude. “Who made you king of anything?” They should “keep their word” because its good buisness to have an honest reputation and not upset the people who are eager to give you money.

If yall came in here and said “will there be new servers when 3.0 comes out? Im not to keen on joining a four year old server” id be with you 100%. But thats not whats been asked.

Are you? Who are you coming in and talking to people in this tone? Get over yourself.

But at the end of the day, this sums it up. None of this is about a “fair playing field” its about reducing everyone whos already put in the time to your level. Im sick and tired of people squaking about fairness when its only ever about manipulating things to give them a benefit.

And hes right you know, youll still be miserable. All the people that would have helped and been kind to you? Whats their incentive to stick around? You dont want the game devs to keep their word about the time you devout to their game why would they stick around to be a pay piggie for casuals who come and goes benefit?

My turn to be harsh. Hey if youre a pvp scrub who cant hack it against the big clans that have been there for almost half a decade maybe go play some fortnight or perhaps a hello kitty game.

3 Likes

How could you tell if an item you traded for or looted off of someone was duped or any items you put in inventory from a raid ? You can’t. That is up to Funcom to find out as they have the tools to do so to point from what I understand. In that in lies the problem as to the duping issue and why it might take drastic measures to fix.

The forums represent a tiny, tiny fraction of the players of Conan Exiles. So there is no proof to be had here.

Just as player as are you . Remember that . Maybe take your own advise for the last line.

“Their word” was taken out of context and added upon. They did not promise anything directly.

Be as harsh at the forums allows as you like as your opinion means nothing to me. I have been in this game from the beginning btw. And you know nothing of my fighting ability and I am not here to do any measuring in any case.

Sorry OP for the derail, though it was entirely expected unfortunately. Funcom might be able to wipe three quarters of the servers as they are unused for the most part and escape most of the wailing (fingers crossed).

Wiping servers is rediculous, and this comes from a guy that starts over on a new server after wiping a server. Even when transfers were a thing. . The thing i like about ce above all else, is that if i choose to i can maintain my empire and play on it if i so choose. Server wipes under and circumstance is a huge turn off

How would propose Funcom remove all the duped items and materials that got out in the wild so to speak and destabilized many server upsetting the balance of power (represented in TIME farming in the field and hunting). I for one would like to be in Funcom’s position as they are ***** if they do and ****** if they don’t here.

And oh for the record , condensing the server number wiped a ton bases so there is precedent already.

I think you will get a lot more support if you focus on hackers and cheaters that imho are a much much bigger issue especially on pc.

You are caught up in the duping issue. The explosive jar dupe was very bad for official but my guess is the majority of those bombs have already been used. As for the building material dupe… same thing already been mostly used and if not it’s just building mats

5 Likes

Agreed, that would help immensely . That would be huge win for Funcom if they could remove the hackers .

1 Like

I cannot agree the most!!!
Still I believe that wiping body vaults would be a good start.
People in pvp use all the possible mechanics they can use to cheese situations.
I am really happy fence stacking is over, now it’s time for body vaults to say goodbye too.
(Plus, I am pretty sure that many people were banned because of equipment they shouldn’t have anymore, than breaking building tos). Forgive my off topic parentheses!
Continuing…
I happen to play in private servers that had a blitz behavior in the past. The first days too many players were coming and felt safe, the first week we had minimum raids, but that was it, week 2 the Alpha were hitting hard taking control of the server again :rofl::rofl::rofl:. So yes, what the op says has a point, but the reality of pvp lyes on your statement above, it’s very correct @Boobie, very correct.

3 Likes

My clan can start new and have a huge t3 in 2 days, wiping things wont make anything different, other than pissing people off by deleting their favorite structures (we dont even body vault)(found a few though, nice bonus)

2 Likes

@Usernameextra
Pvp moves with a totally different mentality from the other 2 modes. Pvp players won’t care that much if they all spawn in desert, without exceptions, I am pretty sure they will see challenge and fun on a situation like it. If this happens on pve or pvec, I see another nuclear bomb strikes this forum :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
For me personally, neither cold neither hot. When 3.0 will arrive I see my self creating a new character and starting to a totally new server. I even think of renting one, I don’t know, I will see. I remember when Siptah arrived I couldn’t connect to official servers of Siptah because they were overrunned all the time.
Time will tell I guess :man_shrugging:.

3 Likes

Hear, Hear !!

1 Like

Thats probably the bug, especially if your on consoles… after any kind of thing in the lists consoles show 90% 0 if you enter 0 servers theres likely people

Good idea

Oh but I do… because I actually read about things I wonder about before posting….

Per Multigun’s recap:

“ > Will the Official Servers be Wiped? (55:13):

Short answer, no. Long answer, still no. Basically, everything being added to this update is intended to overlay or be added to the games. They won’t impact the game to where it would be necessary to wipe the servers.”

5 Likes

I feel like you are talking tp a wall. Why? Because FC turned its back on developing any new raid content ages ago. I feel for you. I am a pvper who saw the potential for an incredible game loop for raiding, but alas FC just doesn’t care. Best to accept, as I and many others have, and your life would be easier.

And i know, pvp has caused nerfs. But that just proves while developing content they literally forget to factor in pvp impact, then have to bandaid it with nerfhammers.

We (pvp) are just Milton, wanting his red stapler.

2 Likes

For the record, I’m pro regular wipes. I just notice when the things I want are not going to happen and move on.

2 Likes

You forgot one important thing though. People can change their minds.

1 Like

Go with that.

2 Likes

How about just make characters have decay timers and if you don’t log in for a week you die and start on dessert? No more body vaulting and be done. No need to wipe at that point. Only active players will remain intact

6 Likes

Makes sense. You would either die by dehydration or starvation though that might take a bit longer than a week. You would die without water pretty quick though. Maybe if you had a thrall keep you with water and food I guess you extend that a bit more if in shelter, but not out in the open.

2 Likes

I think this is the best solution. If you want to play PVP, you should accept that your stuff is always temporary. You shouldn’t get to rack up a hoard of treasure then disappear and become untouchable until you feel like coming back and using it on some poor sap.

4 Likes