How about allowing lvl 60 characters to move servers?

In a previous thread I was sceptic about the idea of server transfer but I can see some advantages about this idea and I like several proposals you made so I try to add to that:

I think once a month is to long of a cool-down for that, the new server you choose could die of in a fraction of this time as well, so you would have to scout the servers, watch how they are and for that you just join blindly or create a new character and probably end up lvl 60 by the time you know the server and its community well enough anyway :slight_smile:

So probably once a week or so would rather be to the point IMO

That is a great proposal which makes me change my mind about my first sceptisism.

Here I have a question.
Do you mean losing the stuff in the inventory only or instant decay of your stuff on the server you left?

I personally would prefer the later so when you decide to switch the server your base and everything will decay or at least lose the ownership of it, scratch that last thing this would not prefent griefing players since they could just reclaim it later.

I feel you, that is what keeps me sceptic still.
But with you losing all on your previous server including the inventory would be way less of a incentive to switch just for trolling, but that is an uneducated guess of mine.

Here I do disagree with you about the liability FUNCOM would have.

Basically how you could implement this at a very basic level is like a “New game +” as you might know it from other games.

Say you want to change the server than you would use, as suggestion, the “Create Character” button. Then you get asked if you would like to remain on the same server or not, if you want to change then you loose your stuff, refer to my comment further in this reply, and get basically, upon joining a new server the chance to create a new character which get a vanilla lvl 60 (so you have to re-assign your stats and blueprints, might be required anyway)

Or instead of the button, you could make a special obelisk and a item to obtain before change, something as mentioned here: