How many will hold off on new dlc until bugfixes have been done?

They said they would look into something for console players, it was not even implied that we would get the dlc for free on console.

I will buy it, whats $15 in the name of entertainment

1 Like

How many will hold off on new dlc until bugfixes have been done? Me, I got one DLC already, not getting the next until they patch and fix a lot of bugs

2 Likes

Man, don’t take things out of context, do you know how do consoles work with patches? Certification processes etc? That’s why consoles are usually behind regarding patches in this game and so many more?

That “event” was not possible in consoles, you don’t have testlive server or anything. We helped not only PC PLAYERS but console players, testing it (with average results xD).

It was not a chance to give pc players anything free, it was a moment where they were gonna take holidays and couldnt release / test the 500 fixes patch on time. And the only idea was asking players to test the patch, but isnce its not early access anymore, they offered us an incentive.

It was not possible on console, and it makes no sense that you want em to create an event for you to get anything free.

2 Likes

I was going to buy it but no point looks like all the armor is bugged.

1 Like

Is it? Care to explain? xD

'nuff said

1 Like

Ah good to know, but not that bad. I expect it to be fixed so soon, im not any concerned by that.

Goes back to my point of layering more bugs on to others that have not been addressed. This adds to the deficit in the game on stuff that needs to be fixed since Jan 2017.

So either the technology cannot address the issues or the coding cannot be created to address persistent bugs. The hole will just get deeper.

1 Like

I’ll be buying.

To answer the OP, I’m not spending any more euros in this game until it’s finished. Dlcs are somewhat pointless for me if after going through early access, some things stay the same. There is my answer, now critisize (?) all you want, and give whatever your reasons are to do que opposite. Won’t change a thing at the moment. Still, love the game andwill keep playing it my way, but, no more euros from me as of today.

It’s a question of priorities, mine in this case.:wink:

4 Likes

I love the game, and my friends and I are having a ball doing coop. That said, I’m holding off on buying the DLC until the game is stable. I want to make a couple of points:

1. The game is still Beta. Saying it is released means nothing when it remains so buggy.
  2. Funcom has really shot itself in the foot from a public relations standard. Their program manager should be sent packing.
  3. The game needs an ‘Experimental Branch’ for players to be able to play on the newest code and see it first, and a ‘Stable Branch’ for players that want to play without bugs.

ok so it was 3 points.

3 Likes

/already downloaded

I’m not talking about a Call to Arms type of event on console. In Jens’ post about the Call to Arms event, he mentioned he would see if he could come up with a similar incentive for console gamers. This was in response to a post by a console gamer wondering why it was only pc players who had the opportunity to earn the dlc. I’m just wondering if he’ll follow up, so I’m waiting to see if it happens before buying the dlc.

This DLC is useless, just like the last.

Still playing, just waiting on fixes to all the major game breaking issues.

4 Likes

The last one was not useless. The doors are stronger then basic doors and you get armour for cold area with encumbrance perk.

1 Like

I liked the last DLC and I also like the looks of this one as it brings back memories from my Tiger Knight days.

I think Funcom needs to stop rewarding ‘bug testers’ with free DLC. I’d like to see how the IRA views that process. It’s not like a contest where you can win it, it’s payment for services rendered - however good or bad it was delivered. That makes it a taxable benefit.

That aside, since the last DLC was so buggy, that experience isn’t likely to change with this one. And since I see no real benefit from it or actual coding work being done (just doing some graphic work to apply new wrappers to old already existing code), it ought to be a lot cheaper than it is.

But for years now since AoC was released and TSW was designed, Funcom has bought into the whole EA argument and want’s to nickel and dime players with constant micro-transactions for things like DLC or vanity items or game enhancements, instead of just charging low monthly fees for access. Sub fees drive out the leeches and douches for the most part. And for sure you don’t see too many minors with credit cards, so that also raises the bar on the entry age of players too so would be a good way to ramp up the maturity level of the player base.

But nope, don’t see a reason to buy this, not when it’s so easy for a Purge to take all your effort away when you are offline.

I also blame shareholders - they always screw things over for consumers. Profit is more important than customer service or quality control - yet with no customers comes no profit - idiots.

5 Likes

I would have bought all DLC for PS4 if it seemed like this was a good dev team that cared about the quality of their game, since they don’t seem like that and haven’t attempted to balance or fix many many bugs and improve QoL things, I won’t be buying or playing again. Game is dead anyways on my server and you are isolated to one single server unless you want to start from scratch…

3 Likes

I would have bought the Aquilonian DLC if I hadn’t gotten it from the Call To Arms promo. I am a builder, and the new style is by far my favorite (already built a structure with it in single player).

However, I may have waited until some of the bugs had been exterminated before purchasing. There is a LOT of work for Funcom in the near future, and I look forward to giving some feedback on it in Testlive. :grin:

I won’t purchase another dlc for this game, until there is a major shift in customer service/support, and I hope folks follow suit. These last few weeks have been absolute garbage from a server stability/infrastructure and customer service standpoint.

5 Likes