I challenge you! About the DLC

, ,

Hi zaphieon.

My question is do you believe that the developers do not truly intend to fix the bugs in the game independent of the DLC purchases? Do you believe that not seeing interest in the DLC will cause them to fix the bugs faster? Do you believe they are not working on the bugs diligently now?

If you do believe these things. If you believe that the character of the people at Funcom is such that they are untrustworthy, then I submit that you are fighting a lost cause and should cut your losses at the first opportunity.

If, on the other hand, you believe that the game developers are stand up people, that having said they are working on fixing the bugs are indeed already doing just that, then delaying your own gratification to either entice or punish them, isn’t going to do anyone any good at all.

Cheers,

Amontillado

/sign

And I will buy the DLC, too. :slight_smile:

Just a little while longer, @Shadoza . Do note it is already June 22 in Europe (and night!!!)

1 Like

It’s not about value, it’s the principle.

This mentality is the reason DLCs exist in the first place. Why developers hold back content from launch to sell as DLCs. You’re giving away your consumer rights with this bullshìt, and you’re telling Funcom… It’s been going on 2 months and you still haven’t fixed but a mere handful of issues? That’s okay, here have more of my money.

OP : I’m with you on it. I won’t be buying this DLC until I see this mega patch that supposedly exists, and even then it will depend entirely on what it does, what it fixes and how well it sticks.

1 Like

I’m kind of wondering if maybe releasing the DLC a day after the summer sale begins was a bad idea. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to wait any longer, but if people have a whole day to spend their gaming allowance on a bunch of sales they may not have the funds for DLC on top of it.

They really should have released it today, capitalize on the spending hype. XD

I believe you can test out the bug mega patch on test-live.

$10 US i bought for ps4 got early as in new Zealand and epic armor is not crafting rest is fine tho.

Its not like they arent going to continue to fix stuff… there will be more fixes and more DLC to come. Not only buying the DLC but gave away several to people on our server

1 Like

looks like yet another cold resist set and prolly only 1 stat or a useless one, and yet more helms to cover up our hair…yeah no need to buy this, poor form of dlc needs to be around 10x as must stuff for a dlc full temp resists and stat coverage, MAKE A COSMETIC SLOT ALREADY, if dlc cosmetics are going to be a thing and i love the idea make cosmetic slots so we can at least have the stats/resists we need and can enjoy the dlc looks we pay for…kinda cosmetics 101 for games now days

That might be true, not everyone can do that though. For instance I’m fairly certain ps4 doesn’t have a test live. But see test live doesn’t really mean anything. Just because it was patched to test doesn’t mean it will go into the live patch, hence “all see if it sticks” that’s also assuming they don’t break more than they fix as they have with previous patches.

But beyond that, you seem to miss the point. See I don’t have to buy the DLC at all, it isn’t owed to Funcom for me to do that. In fact the only group that owes anyone is funcom. They owe the people who bought their game a game that works as was advertised. It currently doesn’t.

It has gotten slightly better yes, but it still has a long way to go, and until that occurs I don’t feel that Funcom deserves any more money from me at this point. I’m still waiting on them to make good on our first monetary transaction.

If somone were doi g a job for you, and they only did half of the job, or even 3/4ths of the job before asking you to pay them for another job, would you do it?

If you went to a restaurant, and ordered a meal, and when you got the meal 1/4th of it was inedible, another 1/4th was missing. You complain. The restaurant promises to fix the order for you, but while they do that want to make an offer for you to buy something else while you wait. Would you do it?

I’m not saying Funcom doesn’t deserve to profit more from this game in the future, I’m just saying they don’t deserve it until they fix the mess that their game is currently.

But don’t worry, Funcom will still make money from the DLC, because there will always be impulsive, impatient people with zero principles lining up to buy something because they think it looks cool. And developers like Funcom will continue to take advantage of that.

Still not buying the DLC until things improve by a greater degree, and I know I’m not alone in that. :wink:

3 Likes

In fact, I’m going to hold off my purchase, and all the future ones, until they give us all content delayed for official release. If they don’t, well, i have enjoyed, but that will be all with Funcom for me. Sadly, they have no reason to do that. Lack of players criticism, as we can see on that thread, is the main reason companies are launching unfinished and defective games into market.

1 Like

Well, this may be true to you and maybe 100 other gamers that will call every glitch they may find a gamebreaker…

… yes there are game breaking bugs, but more importantly there is tons of unfinished content all over the new biomes… and some of the not so new biomes.

yeah… I watch the dev streams so i know about there business plans… for example about 2 months before official release, they are on stream and the jens looks over to joel, while they are testing the new jungle biome. He says, hey there is a new building set right? and joel looks over at him and says no we had to cancel that, because we aren’t adding any new content right now we are focusing on fixing bugs…

Now the argument with the DLC is this is from the art team, so has nothing to do with bug fixing… so that building set the skinny guy was referring to… was most likely never cancelled… but instead decided hey… lets not give this for free we can release it as a paid DLC and make more money… hmm

I mean… I am sure i am not the only one that watches and pays attention to the streams right? but incase you don’t… https://youtu.be/rrmXu87xQxc?t=774 - there you go… right before this moment they were also talking about how God Avatars where fixed… that actually was never done…

Things are expected differently when the gaming company states… The game is out of EA… so don’t compare those other games… in EA as the current state now of conan… doesn’t matter the time length of development…

The main issues i have is the devs constantly promise fixes… that NEVER seem to happen… exp the avatar’s over 2 months now it was stated their damage was FIXED. but no… they made set a super god that takes 1 hit to destroy anything and has basically rapid fire attacks compared to the other avatars… for example yog gets maybe 3-4 attacks… and his damage is… maybe 10k for all 3 hits… … yeah… they are fixed…

… na its call poor implementation of their code… they lack basic security coding… this is code that helps protect things from breaking… helps protect players from bugging out and become godly… helps prevent building into areas people shouldn’t… the laziest of their coding showed very clearly when they wanted to prevent boss farming so they … just doubled the hp of all bosses… which fixed nothing except make it harder on new players that don’t know tricks to kill the bosses easy.

so you can sit here and smile with all that brown on your teeth… but the game is so far from being on that high pedestal your trying so hard to hold it up on…

… speaking of an iq issue… yeah… mate… seems to be…

some want the game fixed, so they state issue they find in the game on the forums… which should be done. others, they just like to complain about the people complaining… for what reason? they want to make it seem as if those people have no reason to complain? maybe they just want to troll a bit? or maybe they are having that IQ issue that you stated…

… to your questions… I believe BOTH… see I believe they have every intent on fixing things… but in their own sweet time frames… things they said were fixed 2 months ago… are not fixed… they state things all the time about this and this is fixed… and sometimes they get fixed… then the release a new patch… and WTF its broken again…

so are they stand up devs? not really… they are more like that guy you know that says yeah man I will pay you back that $100 when I get my check on friday… 4 months later he gives you $20 and says sorry man thats all i got now ill get you the rest soon…

1 Like

This is my point exactly, its a big difference how some people express their self on the net.
Why not register a bug report instead of screaming on the steam forums?

NO, its done for maximum damage and max troll effect.

None of the things you mention bother me.
So why should i care, i buy, i pay and i play.

Regarding the iq thing, it was really a pointer to some morons making a big fuss about thralls in water, but hey, it could easily be regarded as a hint to the worst screamers on both these and steam forums.

There is a reason for this, most of these guys just repeat one another, and that dont make it true.

Find a glitch, make a bug report and talk civil, thats all, and dont forget to play the game.

ok… those that actually scream about losing a thrall during a drag phase… sorry man crap happens… really need to minimize what you are doing when dragging a thrall… no water… if you need to cross water build a 3 tile bridge… no lava… same as water… no elevators… ( btw the elevator thing worked find in EA… this is an example of 1 step forward 10 step back bug fixes that funcom does )…

i been on test live testing things they claim are patched… seems like i thought it would be… a big list of nonsense

In all honesty, I didn’t care enough to even see a point. lol

Thank goodness Funcom’s European…

We get content releases 1 day earlier and not at 3 AM the next morning.

So did You bought it zaphieon, or You resisted? I am on the edge. I am tired of the behaviour, but I don’t want to be part of killing the game.

Here is my personal opinion on this. I gave Funcom $30 for this game in early March of last year in EA. The game has come a long way since then as far as I am concerned. So after almost a year and 4 months of enjoyment, I feel like they have earned another lousy 10 bucks from me. Now I totally get that there are a ton of people that just shelled out more than that and I get their frustration. But I don’t want to be lumped in as a sucker or whatever when my situation is completely different. I take offence to this statement because I am neither impulsive nor impatient and I have plenty of principles.

1 Like

didn’t buy it yet… was waiting for some reviews to hit… and well i see they did some major nerfing to the items… so they aren’t even worth using at lvl sadly… they should have been more on par with obsidian weapons. and such but they are more like 2 tiers below that.

If anyone is killing the game, it’s Funcom. I’ve never really left a review of any game I own, but I was so upset at the DLC today that I actually left a negative review. Getting a refund on it and uninstalling the game.

1 Like