I need to point out the flaw in the thrall system that allows abuse of the thrall system

, ,

I do love thralls having stats and perks now. Even the “bad perks”. There a way to abuse the system for large clans. Each player can only level up one thrall. Max clan size is ten.

The abuse happens when you have a clan of more than one player. Each player can have a thrall follow them. A clan of ten can level up ten thralls at one time. I find this broken. How can the development team fix this type of abuse? The answer is you can’t. Then how can the development add an equal layer to solo and small clans? Passive thrall experience gain and allow all thralls to gain experience for enemy they kill. Even if they don’t follow you.

Why do I want to help solo players and small clans? I find challenges fun. Small clans and solo players can be fun if they pose a challenge.

2 Likes

Biggest flaw in this, (I think) Conan is absolutely not solo friendly.

Wouldn’t the bigger clans also benefit from the passive leveling? I think a better solution would be an xp boost for thralls of smaller clans/solo players, let’s say for example a 5% increase to thrall xp gain for each member below maximum.
Clan size 10=0%
Clan size 9=5%
Solo = 45%

6 Likes

All benefits or none benefits. Fair is fair. My idea helps all. You idea angers large clans. I don’t want a target on solo and small clans. I rather give all a bonus. I’m trying to avoid abuse tactics.

1 Like

I don’t see anything broken, strenght is in numbers.

Maybe 45% less exp than playing solo is a bit too much, but i like the idea

2 Likes

So, I’ve been a solo clan for a year, PVE. I level up 1 thrall at a time, I love the system and when my fighters get accuracy, they go on purge watch duty at my remote maprooms.

Conan Exiles, PVE, is the most solo friendly game I have played.

2 Likes

We disagree so much it would be untoward to discuss it further.

4 Likes

I could not disagree more without resorting to sign language.

I find Passive leveling to be a bad idea.

2 Likes

passive xp would be a bad idea. Because it could be exploited very easy. I would take my 10 man clan, would give 9 players some thralls that are not deployed yet and all they need to level and kick them out of the clan. One of each member now would be able to gain extra xp and I´ll invite them back afterwards and I get a full set of leveld thralls in no time.

Personally I don’t have any problem with the current system, but I thought the idea behind the suggestion was to help smaller clans keep up with the bigger clans. If they all get the same benefits than it won’t change anything, the bigger clans will keep the same advantage. Nothing wrong with your idea it just doesn’t fit the reason you gave for it.

2 Likes

The way I am reading this is 1 person can only achieve the work of 1 person which isn’t fair because 10 people can achieve the work of 10 people which is abuse…

There’s 4 of us in our clan. Trying to level thralls as a group makes it so 4 people achieve the work of half a person. We have tried many things but regularly it goes something like this. We run out with our horses (which is another body). We decide to hunt somewhere normally bosses so we can get weapons for thralls. We put down bedrolls then go to fight the boss we wait before pulling because somebody’s thrall is 2 grids away on the map but is actually ???. About a minute or two later the thrall ports in. So we can now engage this boss. We send in our thralls and they start doing damage then we go in I hit the boss once
and the boss turns to look at me getting ready for an overhead swing (you know the one that most likely can’t be blocked). This is ok because I am going to outplay this boss with my higher skill cap… or so I thought. I go to roll backwards and hit a thrall so I don’t go very far the boss hits me, I roll again still body blocked by a thrall or a horse or another player… I get hit again and die. It’s ok though cause I put down a bedroll. I run back to my body but now I have to get there and get my thrall back on follow before the boss dies or my thrall gets no experience. So now I have the added stress of dodging the boss while trying to get my thrall to folllow and getting my body. We could go after easier enemies but the problem is trying to get 4 thralls for a gorilla is slower than just having my thrall run in and 2 shot it. We could run dungeons but being in a tight area with all those bodies is even worse. With 10 people and 10 thralls it would be unplayable.

3 Likes

What is with the cap of 5 additional thralls per clan-member. I could be with you, when each single clanmember could have as many thralls as a singleplayer 10x 55 instead of 100 in total…….
It is not implemented yet but will come soon.
Abuse is something complete different.

If each player could have 55 followers then a full clan would have a limit of 550, that’s ridiculous. I do think 5 per player is a bit low, 10 would be reasonable in my opinion.

each player can have 55 thralls after the cap was implemented. that means 10 Players will have 550 thralls.
only not when they are in a clan then they will have 100. that is ridiculous :slight_smile:

That is 100% not correct. The math is 50+5 per clan member. Not 55 x clan members. That would be insane

To combo this thread, I’m gonna continue by responding to OP, who I’m still pretty sure is a troll account.

The game is designed for clan play. Solo is doable, but the whole point of the game is to group up with people. If you don’t know anybody, I would suggest using LFG categories, either on the forums here or via discord. Of course 10 people will always beat 1, regardless of thrall levels. The solo can have 50 level 20s, but the 10 will just come with 100 level 20s. The design is to favor strength in numbers.

1 Like

The numbers I used were from the comment by ZevLexx that I was responding to. I don’t think the system needs to change.

The difference is that 10 solo players all with max follower count aren’t a combined force, one clan with the total follower count of 10 solo players would be over the top.

Welcome to a sandbox game! This is not a “flaw” at all. It simply is what it is. A larger number of players working together will ALWAYS gain a collective advantage that a single solo player will NEVER achieve.

For example in a simple 2 man clan, they can farm different resources that can be used collectively. One member can focus on farming brimstone and another hides to be used for tar. Boom!!! That 2 man clan will out produce the single player that had to farm those same two resources.

What then? Will you say because the 2 man clan can out produce the solo, they must have their harvesting cut in half?

Same with thralls. It is simply people coming together to collectively work together to gain advantage. The idea that multiple player clans can do this is a flaw is nonsense!

This is a sandbox game!!! Stop trying to force your vision of things on the rest of us and ruining the sandbox experience!!!

2 Likes

It is only fair and proper that team players have an advantage over solo players. It’s not unfair in the least.