I really Liked the Halloween Event

I’ve been playing on-line games for twenty years and one thing I’ve found is that the forums are full of people complaining about everything under sun. My lord, if you didn’t know better, you’d think that game was the worst thing ever developed. Seriously, I don’t know why devs even pay attention to the complaints.

So, I don’t know why so many people were crying and complaining about the Halloween Event. I liked it a lot. Sure, you had to go exploring to find where the meteorites dropped, but once you found a spot you could camp it to your heart’s content. I actually found three in just the desert. After one shower, I would usually return home almost at full encumbrance.

Then there were the complaints about having the skeleton keys removed from the drop. Uh, ok, but the treasure chests usually spawn near a boss. So you have to kill the boss to get to the chest. And if you do kill the boss, what do you get? Well, a skeleton key.

There were also complaints about the nature of the drops, but an awful lot of those drops were valuable. I got so many demon fire orbs and grease orbs that I may not have to craft any for months and months. I got a lot of red dragon heads which can be crushed to give demon blood. Now I have enough to make 4 or 5 map rooms if I want to. And, best of all, I ended up with 102 legendary weapons repair kits. Finally, it is now worthwhile to equip and use a legendary weapon. I could go on and on about the other stuff I got, but suffice it to say that I am not going to have to farm a lot of things for a long time. Yeah, I spent almost the whole event farming meteors. But in the end, it was worth it.

Complaints about the twilight? Ok, I’ll admit that seeing the sun now and then might have been nice. But come on, we all knew the event was only going to last through the 6th.

In the end all I can say is, just buck up and put away your crying towel. Funcom did a good job on this event, in my opinion.

7 Likes

Maybe not the worst but close.

You forgot to mention the broken doors that the event patch broke that just allowed people to walk through them and loot people on pve servers and PvP. At any time.

I would agree the event was fun. And I ended up with lots of material that would be otherwise much more annoying to get. Having 18 red dragon heads in a chest is not a normal occurrence. :grin:

I enjoyed the fact that they tried to do something different. Something that added a little different to our normal grind. However, being a console player, I do feel a little unhappy. We’re still in the event and there isn’t a set time that we’ll be out of it. The certification process is different and that should have been taken into account.

With that said, i hope they do many more events. I hope they’re planned a little better, but I can’t wait. Whether there will be elves running a mock or frost giants, it will be entertaining.

At the end of the day this is just a game. Funcom had created a good game rich in the Conan lore that I’ve loved for 35 years. So bugs, dropped games, whatever, I’ll still be playing.

2 Likes

So, what did we get with this event? Lighting and a blue filter that has been, at best, annoying for any extended period of time. At worst, people have reported that it triggered migraines for them. The droning audio track that plays everywhere, constantly, forcing you to mute it. The meteor showers that have been broken so that it requires you to be in the immediate vicinity exactly at the time they land, or they don’t render properly and cannot be mined. The drops from said meteors that were promptly nerfed the day after the event started, rather than being adequately play-tested beforehand.

The fact that single player games on both consoles were rendered completely unplayable (as in, the game crashing outright) because the meteor spawn rate was set so high it overwhelmed the systems. The doors that were bugged, allowing anyone to walk through them as if they weren’t there, enabling people to freely raid other clans with virtually zero effort on PvP servers. And those are just a few issues off the top of my head, and do not include the “post update” patch to end the event, which in turn has broken a bunch of other stuff.

And best of all, those of us who play on consoles still haven’t been able to escape this mess because they’ve mismanaged the update process and the update to end the event is still hung up in certification. And let’s not say that this is “out of their control” and up to Sony and Microsoft. Funcom knows how the certification process works, and should know how to schedule things so that updates can reach players in a timely fashion.

But other than that, yeah, it was just awesome.

4 Likes

This usless event made manny players leave for good. I cant even build in single mode anymore al there sjitty patchs destroyd my games. Server that stops because none whant to play way a go funcom. Why so mean to us ceep us under punichment we never payd so much to get harrast in this way with your patches your stealing our game with your amateurs as programmers.

Oh, and a couple of other points. First, I agree that skeleton keys shouldn’t have been dropping in the first place. If you want legendary items, then kill the bosses to get them. It’s not overly difficult to do, even solo on official servers using the standard rules (or normal difficulty on single player). That said, it is absolutely untrue that you need to kill bosses to be able to get at the chests to use those keys. If you have the keys, it’s trivial to find chests to loot where you won’t even be attacked by its boss, let alone have to kill it.

As to the value of the drops, anything besides the legendary repair kits was mostly worthless unless you’re still leveling or you’re a (very) new 60. Even with the nerf to drop rates, demon blood is trivial to get in quantity if you know where to go hunt for it. Volatile glands are more of a time sink to get now, but not difficult to obtain.

In terms of the repair kits, the reason they are indeed useful is primarily because the purge mechanics in the game are completely, utterly broken at this point (and even when they were somewhat working, the only way to get them were through humanoid purges in specific areas, where you were required to spam “purge bait” structures and hope you were online when it happened).

1 Like

As a console player I just started playing 3 months ago. I will say that the events of the last week have made me decide to put this game down for a while. Single player game is shot and it would take me too long to rebuild, and all of the friends that I used to play gave up. There was potential with this event, but piss poor handling for xbox and ps4 have put a bad taste in my mouth.

It didn’t take too much brainpower to figure out that meteor showers happened every 20 minutes beginning at 5 past the hours (5 past, 25 past, and 45 past). It was real easy to get to a drop point and wait for the shower to happen.

And that’s awesome, if your idea of fun is camping meteor spawns. Not so much if your idea of fun is actually running around out in the world and hoping that you’d come across some in your travels. (And personally, I have camped them, solely because of the kits … but it’s not “fun” it’s just something that I’m doing because there’s zero chance you’ll get them any other way with purges being completely broken)

2 Likes

I liked it too was amazing seting for using the werwolf claws

I just can’t comprehend how anyone thinks this event was a success in any way. Just checked my server. Raid time. 8 days ago it was 28/40 … Today? 5/40. I then sent ps messages to anyone I ever talked to on my server asking if they will return after event all said no they moving on to 76 or Red Dead 2 they may try to maintain their buildings that’s about it … Thanks funcom…

Also logged in myself today first time in days and checked on one of my out posts to refresh and all my stations we’re looted due to broken doors.

Ouch. Sorry to hear about the door issue. I’m surprised that we haven’t heard more people posting about this, but either not a lot of folks were using the T2 doors, or (perhaps more likely) at this point they surrendered and just don’t care that much.

I didn’t think it was a great idea, but even if you like the concept (hey, who doesn’t like free stuff that takes no effort to obtain?) the drop rate was way too high. Some guy posted about how, all together in just the short time before the nerf, his clan got hundreds of keys farming the meteors (which is trivial to do, if not mind-numbingly boring).

“After one shower, I would usually return home almost at full encumbrance.”

Yeah, thats main problem why everyone is “complaining” about this event. U need to play long time
on server to get relly good staff. U know what mean this event ? FREE BEST STAFF FOR EVERYONE!
U know what i found today in 2 decayed T1 bases? Owner of base is level 20 and 26 - Star Metal (u need farm explosives or orbs to farm star metal),
100+ Demon Blood (you need to farm in unnamed city from dragons, sometimes 4 of them atacking you and u just die), Hardened Steel (instantly he is able to craft better weapons without farming if he get a correct level), Corrupted Stone for Map Room (always not cheap without alchemist) and lot of another staff…

“Then there were the complaints about having the skeleton keys removed from the drop”

If you anyway need to kill boss for chest as u said, just do it and dont wont Skeleton Keys from meteors, there is not point in your opinion i think. Its fun and ez to kill boss and get legendary weapon. If u have keys for free, its not fun

Lot of players WANT PLAY THIS GAME. Whats the point to play Conan if u dont need to farm anything, killing something and more ? U have free loot from event and as u said, u have ton of Demon Fire Orbs and more. Actually u can go and raid every T1 base but without event and without alchemist u cant. Conan is about farming, its survival game. BTW: Tell me how much Demon Fire Orbs u have inside your base and after this tell me, how much Violation Glad u can farm from Salamanders in 1 hour cuz you must be really lucky to get it from every single Salamander. Its not droping like early

Keys anyone?

Got so many chests of this non sense I’ll give them all away to roll back servers to pre patch.

Such nonsense. My clan as whole got 182keys 400+ kits.

Thanks for making legendary more common than iron stuff.

Actually no … until yesterday’s patch on PvE/PvE-c that player could have obtained all of that from someone’s else’s decayed base. Alternatively they could have been gifted it by someone leaving the game. (On PvP they can still obtain it from looting a base in decayed state)
(Demon blood is obtainable from more than just dragons. Such as the red exploding imps in the starting area. And if he was willing to take risks he might have obtained star metal as a random drop from npcs)
Sure it’s more likely he got it from the event, but as his base was in decay already I guess he didn’t play for much of it.
And my point … there are ways of obtaining those items in game for very little effort if you are(PvP) or were (PvE/PvE-c) lucky about what base you find in a decayed state.

This is a redicoules argument I would gladly toss my 187 keys if everyone else did the same. The problem they created is balance issue especially on pvp. Legendary weapons are very strong as you said pre patch it took effort to get a key and open a chest now you can throw 10 keys in your inventory and have 10 legendary in 15 minutes of running around. No risk v reward and on PvP for everyone to have a legendary without caring if they die with it because they have 177 more keys is redicoules.

So yes I’ll gladly toss all mine of the rest of the server does unfortunately Its going to be the new meta if you don’t have that legendary it’s going to be near impossible to compete against the clan with the 187 keys and 400kits.

Bosses are part of the game. Who can not kill them will not get the Legendary Weapon. If I do not know anything in this game, I want to learn and do not solve it in the same way as a million key games in the event

A week of stumbling around in the dark and doing nothing but harvesting meteors was butt boring. Mrs Jones didnt play for most of the week, could not see. Getting two greater rocknoses was fun. Having king scorp lured to my compound and the rocknoses kilt was not.

Yeah the 40 cupboard full was the only thing worth the darkness. Now we can get back to exploring and such.

I’m pretty sure you can quik swap and use multiple weapons. And dual wield them legendary Spears. Psssht I don’t care anymore anyways funcom did this game zero justice just like age of Conan and anarchy online. This will be my last product I ever purchase from them.