If you could add 1 thing and remove 1 to the game what would it be?

This would be totally awesome for both things. Even if the RNG thing is handled by a recycle of recipes for a cost of materials.

True crossplay servers would be nirvana.

Remove: one of the game modes, either PVP or PVE.
Add: depending on which mode remains, either offline raiding protection (if PVP remains) or cosmetic thralls (if PVE remains)

Y’all can throw rotten tomatoes at me now :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I gave you a thumbs up even without knowing precisely what a cosmetic thrall is, that’s how much your answer wins.

I’d happily hand in my PvP card to have peace, and a game that works well.

Effectively: take away building destruction. Intriguing and sublime.

5 Likes

Remove: Fish decay so quickly in the fish traps.

Add: Thralls that can patrol an assigned area. (See ESO housing NPCs for example)

YOU have to try this NEW Housing Feature | ESO Pathing Guide (Stonethorn) - Bing video

6 Likes

You’re not wrong - ultimately that is what would most improve the game (for those that continue to play…). My problem is that I could only ever accept it with the time-travel caveat (the game has to always have not had that game mode…). Under those circumstances I could accept the removal of either game mode as ‘fair’ - but without time travel, I would not accept the removal of either (though I have no interest in playing one of them myself).

seems better on testlive. I’ll take a more thorough look at it tomorrow and try to get you some times

3 Likes

Cool. I did not see that in the test live patch notes. I apparently must of missed it.

2 Likes

You know how crafters get rendered and animated on the client without running any AI on the server? I’d love to have more of that, just for decorative purposes. Thralls sitting on benches, playing musical instruments, standing and playing occasional idle animations, that kind of stuff. Wouldn’t count towards the follower limit because they’re not followers and don’t have AI, so you could have as many as you need to make your build look like something other than abandoned theme park.

I understand the sentiment. And don’t get me wrong, I know that if Funcom did what I said, it would completely destroy whatever trust most players have. But hey, the topic said “if you could add 1 thing and remove 1”, so as long as we’re wishing for the impossible, I might as well express my feelings.

Personally, if they removed PVE, I would most likely stop playing, but at least it would be a relief to know that they picked one mode and decided to balance it. :wink:

4 Likes

Absolutely :slight_smile: And if I could think of a better wish for the game, I’d suggest it - but as, I said, I do think it would be the single most effective move that could be made to improve the game. (As always, even when I try to disagree with you, we’re pretty much in agreement :wink: ). I don’t have to like it to recognise how effective it would be :slight_smile: (and I can understand the multiple ways that it would be a relief).

Oh - and yes to thespians/cosmetic thralls for all. Aside from all the many advantages for decor, I suspect this might even help improve performance, as players might feel less need to grab a few extra thralls to add more ‘life’ to their build.

2 Likes

Remove all the bugs & exploits.
Add barbaric mode official servers.

5 Likes

Add: Tiara and Crown that protect thralls from gas while still displaying their gorgeous faces.

Remove: Target Lock for PvP

4 Likes

It does indeed seem like good news on the fish - their timers are longer in the traps now:
In a fish trap -
Unappetizing Fish now have over 3 hours
Savory Fish now have over 4 and a half hours
Exotic Fish now have over 6 and a half hours

On a related note, putrid meat and fat grubs no longer have their spoil timers speeded up when in the compost heap (so putrid meat keeps for over 4 and a half hours, and grubs get their full 10 mins).

4 Likes
  1. Remove map rooms - Makes the usage of mounts more useful and relevant , and perhaps even more tactical , especially when out on raids. Gotta get that loot back safe somehow.
    Besides they were only added because they hadn’t managed to figure out how to add mounts at the time, and everyone wanted to fast travel. All this teleporting and zipping around, doesn’t feel very Conan to me.

2. Add more customisation options (eg: Banners / thralls) personalised clan insignias on shields etc…

2 Likes

vault sprawl needs to go… there should be a limit in how many vaults your clan can place

make parts of weapons much more difficulty to craft and existentially unique. require that parts are rendered after put into the dismantling bench instead of rng.

3 Likes

Slider. 5 max per clan PvP default – uh… devault.

5 Likes

Add: HP Buffs from Food, Stamina Buffs from drinks. Strength of the buff based on tier of the item used.

Remove: The hidden Stat on Thralls, the Melee/Ranged damage modifier. Forcing a rebalance of how much damage is derived from STR/ACC and making the damage sources on the follower more transparent.

4 Likes

This! :relieved:
There are thralls in the fighter class who actually have a higher accuracy multiplier than their melee multiplier. Didn’t know that until recently, when I checked the wiki on a thrall, who had odd stats for his class.

3 Likes

Remove - The great lie that was thrall caps will improve performance. . . it did not.
Add - Musician thralls that play drums, the harp, the flute etc.

6 Likes

Add - ‘passive-flee’ setting for followers (possibly to replace the current ‘stand there like a moron and let them kill you setting’, lol, or possibly just in addition to it)
Remove - negative perks for thralls (I don’t mind the irrelevant ones, but the ones that remove several levels worth of gains in the stat I was actively trying to increase tend to be a bit frustrating…)

5 Likes

When they announced the thrall cap, I grabbed a bunch of top tier fighters and tossed them on the wheel, so I have about a dozen that I could level up, but why bother?
As you say, negative stats should not be the rule but the exception. I could see a congenital disease RNG every 5 or 6 thralls, but the RNG on negative stats is just very poor programming IMO.

4 Likes

Add Dynamic building damage already.
Remove the raid window and go 24/7 on officials.

3 Likes