On my PC Solo-Game, the purge meter is still working and I am getting purged.
On our GPortal Server for Xbox, the purge meter is actually slowly going backwards. It was at 90% and now after 3 days has dropped to 50%.
On my PC Solo-Game, the purge meter is still working and I am getting purged.
On our GPortal Server for Xbox, the purge meter is actually slowly going backwards. It was at 90% and now after 3 days has dropped to 50%.
Iām not sure what all we can provide
Our meters are stuck. They also reset at least daily, sometimes more often. Sometimes it seems to be when we logout and back in, but not always. Iāve tried a million things and nada. I even placed hundreds of foundations in a single playing session and it didnāt move nor was any purge triggered.
I had a related issue in Single Player (PC) [North American region]. I had my Purge meter fill up. And I had a Purge. A dreadful, disgusting army of Imps dared to raid my tiny base. After it was over, the Purge meter stayed full. In fact, as I continued playing, the Purge meter continued filling. Then I had a second Purge (many game days later). This time, an army of nearly-clad Darfari cannibals attacked my still tiny base. A few noble level 1 Exiles gave their lives in my defense, but the base withstood the attack. After that Purge, the Purge meter reset. And its been filling up like normal after that.
So it may be a visual bug since the second Purge happened, but why its acting weird, I do not know.
Xbox one player here, rented server, the purge meter has actually been going down over time, since the pets patch, not up
Hey again guys. Iām following the comments and based on what you guys have told me so far it seems to be limited to dedicated servers and that things are working as intended in single-player. This gives us something to go on for building a test case.
Well, in Single Player, the Purge still seems to work, but has a visual bug. In dedicated servers, based on the testimony above, it seems the Purges may not work at all (visual or event). So maybe thereās something preventing Purges from triggering on dedicated servers, but the same only affects visuals in Single Player (or a mod could be allowing Purges to continue in Single Player where they are flat stopped on dedicated, unmodded servers)?
I play on a rented G-portal server. I have it set up as close to an official server PS4
I was getting weekly purges, after the midnight grove the meter stopped working. Little to no movement and reset after logging off.
This weekend it started filling up again very slowly, and has not reset. at the rate its moving I wont know if its working for weeks it seems. to be honest its the funnest part of the game. Pitting my huge Castle and troops against the Direwolves that come prowling in the dead of night!
I am playing on an official server and my bases reliably get purged atleast once every 2 weeks before patch, especially offline purges.
Itās coming close to 2 weeks since patch and there are no offline purges at all, let alone online purges for awhile now. I feel confidant enough to comfirm that purges are bugged, not just visually, but mechanically, for official servers. Only those who were still over 100% purge meter were purged. After their purge meters reset, no nee occurance have been recorded
Our G-Portal server dropped to about 10% yesterday and is now sitting at 0%. Boo.
This matches my experiences (but then Iām on the same server as Halcyon, so I suppose it would). I was over the threshold when the patch dropped, so I got purged, my meter is frozen and no new purges have occurred. At first I figured it could be RNG, time, and other features, but realistically I think I shouldāve had a Purge (whether on- or offline) by now. Granted, one playersā experience is not conclusive (it could very well still be just RNG), but the more data points the better, right?
As far as my own experience, and my clan, goes on an Official PS4 server the Purge meter seems to only increase when at least one of us is online, and decreases while all of us are offline. We havenāt had a purge in a while since this bug was introduced. Our purge meter was about 50%, it would raise while we played during the day and night, but every morning it would lose a bit of progress before any of us got on. Thereās 5 of us so weāre on quite a bit so it has steadily risen.
Tonight Iāve left my character online, naked, afk, dark and alone, just to test. Having just logged back in from the morning server reset the purge meter looks to be exactly where it was 5 minutes ago before i made this account to post here. So from this Iām guessing itās not resetting on server reset, itās just decreasing when no one is online, and only increases when online. For us at least.
Keep in mind that for the Purge meter to increase you need to do certain actions. Just leaving your character standing there wonāt make it move.
We believe we have a lead on this at the moment so weāre working on getting to the bottom of things.
My private server hasnāt had a purge for a couple months now. Iāve given up on caring about the purge because short of us starting over from scratch⦠it isnāt going to be happening for us.
Our Gportal server did not have a Purge for months after the official release. Working with the forums I was able to get the settings to get the Purge working on a regular basis, until the release of Update 34.
Thank you, I understand. Just logged in to keep it from actually decreasing, so by the time me or another clanmate logs in tomorrow it isnāt back to where it was the day before. So leaving my character standing there is for the sole purpose that it doesnāt move down haha.
And good to hear, good luck!
Isnāt it supposed to slowly increase over time, even if you do nothing? Just faster, up to a threshold, if you DO perform actions? I was under the impression thatās how it works / used to work, anyway.
I always understood it that you had to be actively gathering/building/killing to get the meter to move.
Thatād be great - we still havenāt had a single purge on our server since the DLC patch. Our settings had it so many of us had purges every other day or so.
For reference, since the patch, Iāve laid down probably 500+ foundations and 1000+ other building pieces and my meter is still empty.
You have to perform certain actions (building, killing NPCs, harvesting, etc) in order for the Purge meter to fill up. It wonāt happen if you just stand around.
Thanks for the confirmation! Iāve been mislead then (but I like this better, actually).