Lament and Desire [RP/ERP/PvE/Survival] 18+

LnD
Picture is of a Poster by artist Frank Franzetta cropped and slightly colorized. Love the Franzetta Hyboria Posters/Paintings!
::---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------::
L&D Current Status (post Funcom Live Services Patches) 2020JUL02

• Has not been hit with any lost thralls or broken things. Crafting stations had to be reset to get them working.
  • FIXED By Funcom Currently the server is running well but experiencing many Ping/Lag Spikes. It is NOT the server. This is directly connected to post Funcom Live Services update/patches.
  • Tweaks by Funcom My ping is 80-120 Typically (was 20-80). I am in Tempe AZ (close suburb of Phoenix). In game is very smooth again.

::---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------::
Welcome to :: Lament and Desire [RP/ERP/PvE/Survival] 18+

Adults Only 18+. Discord not required. Pressing Accept in Game is Consent.

Our Discord: https://discord.gg/s9a8p2Q

This is a more realistic enhanced adventuring server. Meaning it is set up so that crafting is more realistic, the enemies hit harder and have a bit more health (Bosses/Mini are reduced by 50%), and a ‘AD&D-esk’ Role Player’s Dreamland. We have awesome appropriate music, drinking, dancing, food, ■■■, and a wonderful environment to play in. The intent is to make us all feel like we are actually living here. You will end up LOVING this style of play. It is fun and rewarding and shall I say addictive and immersive?

PvE Role Playing Adventure Server

Fully Working In Game Economy of Traders to Barter your harvested and crafted standard resources!

Level 300 Balanced! Still maintains builds and additional Feats at 60 and beyond.

Purges are Off.

Again, this is an ADULT 18+ server that mandates RP (Role Play) and encourages ERP (■■■■■■ Role Play), Nudity, Slavery, Brutality (not severe or crazy kinks), Drugs, among other things that fit very well within the stories of Hyboria/Thurian/Conan fantasy.

L&D Server Information

Server is Located in :: Role Play

Direct Connect :: 107.158.255.202:17000
Server is Hosted at PingPerfect :: Phoenix AZ Extreme Performance
Server has been paid for the 1st year (Next payment is 5/13/2021)

Server Auto restarts at 04:00am Arizona Time (AZ does not change time)

Note: I am not seeking donations. I can easily pay for the server. I have been playing since early access so the server is not closing down any time soon.

L&D Fortified Towns (RP Hubs):

• There are NO Map Rooms on the server allowed.
  • Use the Boat Owners and Caravan Owners for moving long distances. They will get you close enough to where you want.

There are 6 RP Hub fortified towns as well for trading and role play. See the pics and info in Discord.

• Each town has a Caravan and/or a Dock for quick travel options. Cost is 5 Silver for each segment.

• Each town has Traders (self driven Questing) that will give you coin for your harvested items as well as sell ‘like’ things.

• Each town has a Lamenting Stone the removes Corruption of the Soul. You will hear a creepy lament and two affects called Benediction and Purification. Basically these stones are sucking the corruption back into the Earth Spirit.

• Lament and Desire Estate (O7) :: Argossean :: Dock

• Grondar (I4) :: Turan and Stone Mix :: Dock and Caravan :: Main Trading Hub and the only Slave Market

• Capuos (G6) :: Arena design. Also has the Combat Arena :: Caravan

• Fort Ravik (G10) :: Nord based Stone and Wood Design :: Caravan

• Fort MacFinley (C10) :: Cimmerian based Frontier and Stone :: Caravan

• Sens (B8) :: Yamatai and Khitan based Design :: Caravan

L&D NPC Warlord Strongholds:
There are 6 NPC Strongholds that players can challenge with nice loot at the end. Players (5 Min) will be able to Siege and Destroy a stronghold while Admin Rohi plays NPC defense to try to thwart the siege. If destroyed it will be rebuilt again for more fun on another event.

• UC - Will be Updated as each is added

L&D Game Information:
Level :: 300 (Balanced)

• Level 60 to Unlock Legendary Chests
  • Attributes Stop at 60 to maintain character builds (Knowledge Point Feats continue to 300)
  • There are Bonus Kits at Levels 60, 120, 180, 240, and 300

Day/Night Cycle :: ~45min Day Hours, ~20min Night Hours

Death:

• Lament by Emberlight Used
  • Level 10 :: Items drop to a Backpack (to prevent suicide home ports)
  • Level 10 :: 25% Corruption Gain (Max 50%)
  • Level 20 :: Level 10 25% CG + 20% Equipment Damage (includes all equipable items in inventory)
  • There are Lamenting Stones in the RP Hubs that you can remove corruption from your spirit.

Notes:

• Enhanced Survival and Higher Difficulty

L&D Modlist and Load Order:

Pippi - User & Server Management :: 880454836
NoxUIchanges :: 1383365330
Skimpy Armors (2018) :: 1368652757
CNC (Cuffs & Collars) :: 1407413080
Savage Steel 1 :: 1367404881
Savage Steel 2 :: 1598693222
LBPR: Fish and Shell Trap Bug Fix :: 1666355337
LPBR - Additional Improvement Add-On :: 1444947329
LPBR (Less Building Placement Restrictions) :: 1369743238
Fashionist :: 1159180273
WYSIWYG Wheel of Pain :: 897947497
Conan Sexiles :: 1206493209
Barbarian Barber :: 2050780234
Unlock Plus :: 877108545
Pickup+ :: 864199675
Stacksize Plus (DLC compatible) :: 1396310739
Emberlight :: 1369802940
Emberlight Lament :: 1401451646
AdE: LevelUP 300 | Balanced :: 2019117464
Roleplay :: 1751468797
COOP Boss HP :: 1673617274

This Modlist has been very carefully chosen so as to minimize breaking things during Funcom Updates and Mod Updates. This last Funcom update was rough on many mods but very few issues were had with any of the above mods. Basically all the mods above don’t really mess too much with the base game which makes them a lot safer to use.

L&D FAQ:

• So what does Realisitc Play actually mean? See below for explanation of things but in essence the play has been set up to be very rewarding and fun. One should not be able to build an entire base of 3k or 4k parts in a weekend. Once the base is built then there is the ‘Little to Do Syndrome’. Things should take time and require some planning. You are investing time into your play. Why not have some mini-games and strategy to nullify a lot of boredom that can and will happen in this (or any) game. I will say that set up like this is a REALLY fun way to play.

• Up to Level 35-45 is really harsh…it is a survival experience.

• Crafting XP is very low. XP is gained from Adventuring, Exploring, and Slaying.

• /kit from time to time as there are some that are level dependent

• Remember the Dying and Death rules. Your gear will take damage and you will gain corruption. Your gear will drop in a X bag on the ground. You will need to get back to it to get your things.

• Land Claim & Respawns :: Land Claim is really low (0.2). Meaning that building next to a resource the resource will likely not disappear. The respawn timer for both resources and NPCs is decently long. NPCs is set to 10.0 (Max) respawn time so not having to fight enemies coming back out of a dungeon/place. Hunting is better this way as well. That is the intent behind this.

• Harvesting :: The amount multiplier is set to 1.9 so that gathering things that are just 1…like eggs…heads of animals…many things that only should have 1. If setting to 2.0+ there are simply too many things. Harvesting could be a little bit higher…no disagreement…but Funcom did not separate resources.

• Bark really sucks. It is the default Funcom distribution (same 1.9). You must use a Pick (or Pick Axe) to harvest…best source for Bark is the white dry trees and logs in the desert. The carpenter bench has two recipes…Mulch (early) and Shaved Bark (later) that will help with Bark.

• There is no interest in making this server easier for the ‘Hang Out and Gain XP’ crowd. This is a survival game and this is a server that is both Hard Core Roleplay but also Hard Core Adventuring. Not meant to be easy.

L&D Estate (Luxury Resort/RP Hub)

1 Like

Grondar (Town/RP Hub)
*The main town and the only one with the slave market.

Fort Ravik (Town/RP Hub)

Capuos (Town/RP Hub/Arena)

Fort MacFinley (Town/RP Hub)

Sens (Town/RP Hub)

Server is still running. I updated the 1st posting to describe what is going on in game.

As of 2020JUL02

• Server is once again running very smooth
  • Pings are still higher than they used to be but does not seem to be interfering with game play
  • Climbing is once again safe (ie…few mysterious drop with no grab). It does happen but nothing out of the norm for this game.

I updated the header post to describe this.

Hiya! Is this server still active? I just joined today and I’m hoping there are other players. Also, I’m not at all familiar with the stats that I get by pressing Shift r. Could you help a girl out and give me a few hints about how I should spend my points?
Thanks

hi! do you still play on this server? I’m looking for a company to play it…

1 Like

Hiya! Is this server still active? I just joined today and I’m hoping there are other players. Also, I’m not at all familiar with the stats that I get by pressing Shift r. Could you help a girl out and give me a few hints about how I should spend my points?
Thanks

@Velara and @Elromen Pop on the server is 3 of us but mainly just me at the moment. Now that the server is back to running smoothly my play time is ramping back to 5+ days a week (I Admin daily duties). I usually play 4pm to 9pm Arizona (-7 UTC) time and extended weekend. Love to visit and RP with others…bring food, drink, drugs…etc :rofl: :rofl:

It will take awhile to level up and mostly the game is solo until level 40±ish. You can make survival easier by using the RP Hub Towns since they have apartments you can use. Let me know if you want to use one and I can help set it up (L&D Clan Owner).

Server is located under Roleplay dropdown. Can type Lament and it will show.

To join the server just log in and Accept the Consent Pop-Up and then once you get to the river (don’t hang out long in the desert! :smiley:) SHIFT+R and set up your RP Character Sheet and Consent Form…basically refers to the Discord rules. Discord you should join since you can get help there fast and your in game character name should match.

And that is it. Have fun playing in a hard but really immersive and fun environment.

1 Like