Land Claim Markers - New

From what I can see, griefers/exploiters are your real concern? Not sure if the stealth boys are in the majority here because when I go online, I see a lot of buildings that are really in your face (quite awesomely too). This is on our pve-c server, by the way.
I am not dismissing your style of play but once your real concern of griefers/exploiters is addressed, there should be no real loss of gameplay other than immersion (i guess?).

that is a zone marker, not a sign per say but a notification.

Again, I fail to see what the problem is. People have asked for all sorts of things so they know where there is a land claim area. This is it. You enter an area that is land claimed, and get a notification about it. That is almost verbatim what people have asked for in the past (stretching back months). It doesn’t tell the player who owns the land area that a player has entered the area, so people can still be sneaky thieves if they want to.

I’m really trying to think “outside my own box” on how this can be a bad thing, but I don’t get it. You can still hide your chests and things like that (they don’t enforce land claim, it’s turned off in the dev kit for large chests and cupbards, for example). People have always been able to find hidden bases by running around with a foundation or whatever until it came up with a landclaim error, so it’s not anything more revealing then that. Is there a problem I’m not considering?

Yeah I know…that’s the mechanic you use to find enemy land claim that’s already in the game, and works very well. There hasn’t been a base on any server weve played on that we couldn’t find either by exploring or using the “place foundation” trick. Why is there a need to go so far as to automatically implement this new feature? Why cant people actually do some work and look around?

If like you pointed out, the reason for this is to find undermeshed bases, this again shows a total lack of care from Funcom. People report HOW to do it to exploit hunters, or here on the forums, and after two years, it still cant be properly fixed. So, on top of the player list, new event logs that show when you touch ANYTHING of another clans…now it even will do most of the work to show when you enter land claim of someone else and WHO owns it. Does this mean that people can screen shot the clans name that is undermeshing and Funcom will then delete and ban these players?

If your answer is no, what in the hell is this being brought in for?

This will in no way assist in destroying undermeshed stuff. This will not prevent people from undermeshing. This will not result in people getting banned (known fact since our clan has reported undermeshed bases lots of times with clan name, steam name, in game names…etc and nothing happens).

if you want undermeshed bases gone (since it cant be fixed properly, proof of that is its still happening after 2 years), there is only ONE SOLUTION that needs to be done. Make the gods the nukes they were. Undermeshed bases will be gone in seconds. Done. Solved. Why isn’t this being done? We used to keep the Chinese exploiters during beta under check by repeatedly finding and godding their bases inside the terrain. Why not give us that ability back, instead of more ways to point a finger at the guilty people who then laugh it off because Funcom wont ban them??

3 Likes

If you want to know where a land claim is, carry a foundation and try to place it. Yes, this hurts people with hidden stashes, because now, it will pop up in a random area “XXXX land claim”. Now you look harder and poof, you found it. Before, if you DIDNT know there was land claim there (assuming you aren’t running around checking everywhere with a foundation) you would have no reason to notice the land claim, and therefor, you wouldn’t find the stash.

Once again, chests do not have land claim. If people want to risk adding extra buildings to their hidden stash, then that’s the risk they choose to take. You can freely hide chests in hidden crevices like always and land claim won’t be affected.

Oh I know chests don’t hold land claim, but an individual chest has a decay timer of what, like 90 minutes? No, your stash might be a small outpost tucked next to a cliff, or something like that, well hidden, so the decay timer is maxed out.

Ah ha, so that’s the part I’m not considering (I really don’t know how the decay system works, I just assumed everything was the same). Would there be a downside to giving chests a longer decay timer?

Since they only take 3 bombs to blow open, IMO, make them last longer. The only issue with this though, is spam.

Besides player has been taken away his choice about doing stealht play, no real loss then, no.

We play on officials, and griefing / walling is part of life, if one can’t adapt player will be out of gamefun fast imo.

or perhaps a thing telling you… once you built an all seeing watch tower that would turn this on that would say “A threat is lurking around your base” Only message to the owner of the base.

1 Like

Spam sure, but could it be any worse then foundations? Large chests are harder to make then a sandstone foundation. Not that they are super hard to make or anything. Maybe make it so only large chests have the longer decay timer and not wooden boxes or something? Just brain storming a little.

you cannot just place a box anywhere without it decaying, you have to have building pieces. Before I could hide my base and unless someone tried building near me they would never know I was around. This will not work now as they will just have to wander near it and be notified. I play solo on official servers and typically hide my loot to well travelled routes that are crappy to build in. I can no longer do this. Do you see where I am coming from?

2 Likes

Yes, as was pointed out to me by Nemesis above :slight_smile: Thanks for further clarification though. My thinking is to add more time to large chests so that they don’t decay so fast, but that might have issues in itself.

Yes if I could have a 48 hour timer on a chest, that would be fantastic. then no base is needed for that. But I play solo and build small hidden bases depending on what task I do in that area, so the new claim notification system I will not be able to keep them hidden. Now I need to find far away spots from regular traffic.

I only stumbled upon a 2x2 hut and it had its popup when I was in melee range of that thing. Probably not like its intended to be guessing from those notes but well…

Edit:
Now at my own base on EU3. The distance on which the player gets told about who “rules” that land is rhoughly 2 foundations. Seems to be the same as the distance at which resource nodes get blocked. It is not the distance of actual landclaim.

1 Like

To answer my own question from earlier, this is a setting that can be disabled, or enabled, in the main menu. Not a server setting.

this a major game play error, i play on offi, is that become active i left conan, just the word of a player who plays to conan since march 17.

it will only destroy the gameplay for all solo players where only strategy is too hide. undermeshed bases are already easy to find, you jsut have to test with foundations.

I think funcom do not understand what undermeshed base are actually, they are whole city undersmeshed surrounded by t3 foundations that requires 1000 bombs and some gods, or 4 or 5 gods and less bombs. the point is not to be able to locate them quickly (that is easy), the point is to be able to destroy them quickly.

And by the way those undersmeshed bases are visible as the surrounding foundations go to the exteriors, to prevent others players to undermesh and raid.

make gods as they were in the past….

and if you are not able to locate and undermeshed base with the actual in game solution, it means also you will not have the experience to destroy it.

funcom you are doing here a major gameplay error

4 Likes

This is terrible. I am not surprised coming from FunCom at this point.:rage:

Can this be turned off in server settings for private servers???:thinking: Just found out client control only nothing on server side. Really terribad. This needs to be changed to at least give private servers the option to adopt. Making this game even easier is going to kill it even more.

2 Likes