Land Claim Question

Hello, when you can, could you plase take a look at this and tell if it is ok for officials? Thanks.

So size does matter :wink:
To all those who said it’s not about the size

yeah but two map squares is colosssus!

It’s quite unclear how much is too much. If I played PvE I would not go for a base like that in case it’s too big, why risk it? In PvP it’s too much decoration for no defense.

It is built on a gridwork of foundations. I did that to level the site, which made building some of the buildings more difficult.

2 Likes

Guess why we asked followup questions? And guess why the size mattered in this case?

Again, the rules are not about the size, they’re about the effect your build has. There’s no fixed size that will cause (or prevent) that effect.

This particular build crams a ton of building pieces and placeables (not to mention an astounding number of followers) into the area you can see on that screenshot.

Guess what that would do to an official server?

3 Likes

It’s right here… just looking for any bit of clarity where ever I can.

First off all: these rules are only applied on official servers.

Secondly, its actually not that big, placing all placeables with all altars (needs to be placed 8 foundations apart the very least) will make for a much larger base.

My base is slightly bigger and stands for over a year now. I didn’t claim more than I need not for decoration and not for RP purposes, I use my land only for function, decorations are applied on the functional rooms/buildings.

Building compact is pretty hard with all the placeables. One could argue not everything have to be placed.

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say. What’s “right here”?

EDIT: Now I understand. You thought Cattibria worked for Funcom :man_facepalming:

It will kill the official server. I get about 11 fps when I am in my main base, which is in my SP game.

3 Likes

With approximately 62k blocks in a small area, I am sure that would cause some fps issues. Well 800+ followers and 4k placeables probably did not help either.

3 Likes

consider this:

Some specific cases where we will act when made aware:

• Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, obelisks, resources and other areas of the game.

• Abuse of the claim system where blocks are placed for no other purpose than to prevent other players’ access to resources and building spots. Please check out our documentation about Land Claim Abuse on Official Servers for more information.

• Massive constructions or over-use of memory intensive items leading to loss of performance both on client and server-side.

Maybe the construction doesn’t have a big claim, but it sure blocks resources.
When it comes to this rule: “Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, obelisks, resources and other areas of the game.”

blocking resource can be anything from branches to starmetal. if you get some reports, you may get screwed.

and there’s this other rule:

Walls and Villages
This can be considered an extreme version of decorative land claim. The issue here is not the size of the base, but the function of the individual buildings. It is in the same spirit of a web of foundations, but players take the time to make the structures appear from the outside to be a functional part of their base. Player buildings that heavily focus on roleplaying can often fall under this category.

So your castle/building needs to be full functional, every corner of it and don’t kill any respawn. from branches to whatever.

1 Like

I have a question that it might needs clarity more than others!
If I report on Zendesk another player , the admin, will check only the one that’s been reported, or the whole server?

They will only check what is reported. What admin has time to check the entire server. I can’t even manage that with my 3 servers to check everything. How will Funcom do so with so many servers to oversee? Its not possible, even if they wish to do so.

1 Like

OK, allow me another question then @Sir.Henry.Vale and thank you in advance for taking the effort to do so. If across the reported one or close enough to be visible, there is another build, way bigger and way worst than the one, will this owner /clan have the same fate? Or it will be ignored because it isn’t reported?
Again thank you for your time.

In my case, since my servers work differently than official servers, I can follow different rules. I typically try to contact the person with the issue via discord or in game (granted have to catch the player online) before I take any action. I have an advantage since most players are setup on discord where I can possibly resolve the issue.

If I happen to see an issue that needs resolving that was not reported, I would contact said player if I could. Otherwise, I would have to resolve it unfortunately. Although this would be held off until I resolve my options of getting in touch with player. To be honest, this issue rarely happens for my servers. Usually, its players who quit many months ago (typically 6+) and I contact to see if they are going to return or not and no response within a week plus I may remove their properties. Please note, I have no decay on my servers so I have various retention rules. Newer players who join and quit after 1 or 2 days, will have 2 months before I clean it off the server for example. Players who made it past a certain level will have 4 or 6 months (depending level reached - server caps at 300).

1 Like

@Sir.Henry.Vale
I am pretty certain that the players in your server must be really happy :blush:. I had the joy to participate in private servers, years now and I kinda know the efforts of an admin and his “crew”, to keep the experience of their community as stabilized as possible. Million times said and never enough, thank you for what you do for the rest of us.
However you do understand, as I am, that only admins or Umborls can actually give an answer to this matter. Nonetheless, I really appreciate both of your posts, thank you very much.
I say matter because long ago @anon83039162 and the community in her chat had griefing issues from a clan on 8080 pve. Though I happily participated on 3728 against all odds (My region is EU but the server was US, my purge was 3 to 4 in the morning :crazy_face:), It was only some months that Siptah was released and I was on 8012 (EU) . Yet I jumped on 8080 to gather photo material scouting the entire map for their builds. They had more than 15 builds, most of them were aggressive with hundreds of palisades, blocking paths almost everywhere. I started sending photos to her, yet most of my material she already had.
Ofcurce in this journey I had and some beautiful inspirations

Especially on 3728 and on 8080 from all the official servers I ever participated the builders were extremely elegant. So you can imagine how many beautiful builds, boats existed in this server. Some of these players may not know even the half content of the game but they surely knew how to build. Their kindness was always to the maximum, low profile players and always grateful if you happen to provide them the minimum still they would present it as huge. A beautiful community it was, a beautifull experience, I am still so grateful.
The only thing that stopped us both to proceed reporting these griferrs was the fear of collateral damage. We were afraid that if an admin would present to this server, then maybe some more people would “loose” too. At least I never filled a report with this fear.
That’s why I am asking my dear sir.

I just got permanently banned for something much much smaller than that. It’s sad that they don’t care about us players even if there are just a couple of us left. They never said what it the max number of blocks or what is the minimum considered claim spam by them. I’m probably expressing myself out of frustration, cause I’ve been helping funcom a lot with reports about cheaters and glitchers and never tought this would happen to me, but they really should put things clear in their TOS and/or create a new claim method to their game, cause the reports for spam claiming is abused everyday on pvp servers and I’ve seen clans wiped when they didn’t have even a wall to protect their bases. THIS IS SO WRONG FUNCOM, LISTEN TO YOUR COMMUNITY BEFORE YOU GET US ALL BANNED.

4 Likes

@Aleetoo
Our participation in the forum gives us no alibi, neither our efforts for helping a community.
Nonetheless sometimes we think that we help but we don’t especially when nobody ask for it. The rules are for everyone. I mostly do not build a lot but I participate in clans that build a lot, if I got banned I won’t mind, because I know the rules still I choose people and not toons.
I do understand your frustration and I am deeply sorry m8. Permaban is too much yet it may have reasons for the hammer to blow that hard. Yet, I am sorry again.

1 Like

I’m aware, but when you think you’re the good guy doing a good service, you hardly expect to get in jail for a mistake. But hey, I agree with you. The rules are there to everyone, altough, they aren’t very clear on certain aspects, and they should, to not get abussed as they are right now.

2 Likes