Lifeblood spear broken

That’s useless. I heal more than that naturally. That’s a weapon that was hard to get, and a legendary. I honestly feel that this change is extremely unbalanced and makes this item a waste of time for the players, and the people that spent time creating and implementing it. If this spear is an issue in pvp, then why not work on duping issues, or modify pvp servers so the staff heals less. Those of us who play pve and just want to enjoy the game, have been screwed over.
as an example, because (for some silly reason) you can be killed while loading in (why haven’t you fixed that?), that spear saved me countless times. Why punish those who had no part in this?
I really hope you modify the spear, perhaps to 10hp every 5 seconds and keep the heal stop on damage.
youve given this item no real reason to stay in the game.

2 Likes

I agree, im in a pvp server however i never use this during battle. I wasnt trying to lose it if I ever did lose a battle. I only carry it when im farming/ traveling. It was nice not to have to use consumables just to heal fall damage and dumb stuff. Whats the point of 1hp every five seconds. Atleast increase it to 10 or 15. I never payed attention to how much it healed before but i have 400 hp and i know i wasnt waiting 5 min or more to fully heal up ( @ 1hp/sec )Guess ill just be makin more aloe soup and herbal tea.

I like it this way the fact it’s a spear and having massive range and damage was obnoxious.

No one would find that this is unfair originally it would stop healing outright if you took damage requiring you to remove it and re-equip it this takes that issue away and provides a nice moderate regen plus the passive perk plus the new soothing effect honestly this is just fine anyone who whines clearly was dominating and now they can’t have obnoxious range/damage/bleed/cripple/healing. So honestly be straight with me you know why they did this.

In fact I say remove the spears altogether and then suck it. Because let’s be honest I love spears but we know they are way to easy to win with in any situation.

I am willing to debate this in the discussions if you @ me.

Not everyone was like you hence why this occurred.

One i dont use spears in pvp. 2. 1hp every 5 seconds is not " a nice moderate regen" i get more than that from eating cooked fish. Anyone who used this spear in pvp is an idiot, if u die u get looted. Save the consumables for when they r warranted and give us back the spear for when we r farming. Like i stated previously. Id be fi e with it going off every five seconds, but 1hp is just plain dumb

However they added “Soothing” in the patch as well so if the spear had remained as it was soothing 1hp per-s thennadd another from the spear that’s 2 then add 0.5 from passive regeneration that’s 2.5 a second top that with any healing food then top that again with potions all which aren’t the same and allow to stack both.

This would cause a huge difference between the people whom have 1 and the ones with out. If you count thralls as well or pets in this the advantage is always going to he the spear user and if a clan attack happens no matter how many you fight against or how few the spear user will have a huge regeneration advantage.

2.5 is fair while I do agree 5 seconds is a bit high 3 seconds would be more fair. But all this has to be taken in and the way spear fights happen against anyone not using a spear. Poke, keep distance, repeat, wait to they over reach with stamina and then let loose with heavy/bleed/cripple/whatever else.

1 Like

You are considering “soothing” to be a constant when its a variable. Run around in the volcano or run across frostbite bridge enough. You are also comparing the use of the spear in a small quick scenario compared to the overall game

So is the brittle bastard, but it is useless.

I did a test with and without Lifeblood, and I have passive regen.

I leaned into some palisades and dropped to half health.

10 pts of health in 12 seconds passive only, which mean 8 mins to recover 400* pts.

10 pts of health in 10 seconds with Lifeblood, which translates 6m 40s for 400* pts.

So we get some benefit, roughly 17% increase.

• 400 points was chosen because I knew it was about that much time to recover after an incident involving a cliff.
1 Like

Thats ridiculously slow

I don’t know why they didn’t just take it out. What’s the point in reducing the items effects by 96%? As a weapon, it’s garbage and now as a healing item, it’s also garbage.
I get people are manipulating it on pvp, so apply the changes to pvp servers! The rest of us are just trying to enjoy a game that is, a lot of the time, a broken mess with some good highlights. That spear has saved me from those broken, buggy bits many times.

Of all the things to “fix”, funcom sure do love to ignore the ones that need fixing the most. Like duping, glitching other players loot, glitching other players workbenches, having other players build inside your own radius so you can’t even build on your own structures! But no, this was the most pressing issue, huh?

Like i said, they r messing up a valueable resource 100% of the time for ppl missusing it 10% of the time

Nice research. So there is a benefit to having a WEPAON that regens you. I think by introducing it so OP, that people forget it is a weapon first, and the regen was its unique bonus. Players converted it to a simple healing stick, and forgot that.

It may not be the strongest weapon, but the idea is to have a small regen boost, and still be able to defend yourself when you are running with it out.

They literally nerfed its healing by 96%. I can’t even begin to imagine how someone would justify a 96% nerf to anything.

We are trying to give good info here, so can everyone stop using the 96% number?

Going from 10/10 seconds to 2/10 seconds is not 96%. It’s 80%. Healing was dropped 80%

Damage was dropped 16%. But, you can’t add the two together and say it was nerfed 96%. That’s not how it works.

Yes, @Aria_of_Sorrow, I know it’s not your fault.

It now heals 1 HP across 5 seconds, right? It used to heal 5 per second, right? If correct then that is a 96% decrease.

That means you started at 25 regen (per 5 seconds) and ended with 1 regen (per 5 second). (5 seconds is your common denominator.)

Go ahead and slap “25” in for value 1 and “1” for value 2.

Re-read your 2nd paragraph and you will find your mistake.

It was 5 regen per 5 seconds, not 25.

Now it’s 1 per 5 seconds. Standard percentage calcs, that I do every day at work, 1 is 20% of 5. That leaves an 80% reduction.

who cares about the percentage? Point is that this item is now crap

I obviously can’t test the old rate now, but I always saw people saying it healed 5 HP per second.

I have been able to test that you get around a 16-18% increase in healing with the spear when you have passive regen. It’s better than nothing, but not much.