Limit Foundations and Cornerstone by Players / Guild

I Know… i already saw some suggestions about it here,

BUT they asked for 100 foundations, things like this, too few,
giving space to people saying no radically, defending that:
“the point of the game is to be free to build and build all over the map and being happy…” (F.U.)

(like the servers were nice to play and everybody had 1 base each,
what should be enough)

SO… lets come to the reality…
try to play at PVE’s (Conflict or not) servers ,
like 1977 South American, for example,
where you cant walk in peace anymore anywhere, there are F… giant bases everywhere,

and guess what? many of them of the SAME PLAYERS,

so i ask you all, WHY THE HELL DO YOU NEED 2, 3, 4, 10 CASTLES??

im saying this for many reasons:

> First: we have the map and the obelisks since alot of time,
so you can go far and go back EASILY;

> Second: if you have not “heavy” hardwares, you drop FPS under 30 everytime you cross this hell-bases…

> Third: The hecatombe-Thralls would become more rare and valorized, bringing more value to the RPG gaming,

> Fourth: There are players that build on all good spots just to block it for other players, destroying the fair play and fair competition, and this happens on ANY server, pvp and pve

> Fifth: The map becomes ugly, because people builds like retardeds, anything, anywere, buildings without no sense, and they do not clean it after abandoning it
(do not awnser me that exists DECAY because it takes too long to clear it, until then, you got many days of gameplay ruined by noobs and ganancious people)

> Sixth: This makes some bases on PVP almost unraidable, because they are spreading stone foundations miles away, so you would need to blow everything before you could build some catapult (because some bases are only raidable with catapults, because of their height), and its expensive as hell cleaning more than 100 stone foundations, since the bombs were nerfed a long time ago…

ofc… THE NUMBER of foundations and cornerstones to be defined
LIMITED would have to be STUDIED by the Staff, to be enough for many workbenches for every types, to defenses of the base, to stables, corral’s, wheels of pains, and more…

so im SUGGESTING AN BIG LIMIT, BUT LIMIT IT…

(and ofc that using an big limit, people could still spread on map some small bases, but would be TOTALLY different reality than nowadays)

STILL WE NEED TO LIMIT THIS,
THE GAME BECAME UGLY and ANNOYING TO PLAY,
because of Players OBVIOUSLY, not game,
the Game purely IS BEAUTIFUL,

And do not be ignorant to send me play solo or on Coop,
there is an big difference there, and i doesnt need to tell you what they are…

@Ignasi

1 Like

Purges even if Staff rises it to 10 times more frequently and harder, would not be winning from tons of Dalinsias and Berserkers in front of their castles and Tier 3 Monstruous buildings
(Purges are easy… common… lets talk serious here)

Even if it clears the troll-foundations over the map, its SOOOOO easy to remake it, its just wood and stone… until the next purge the troll already done the double of foundations,

I still not seen nice argument against limiting foundations (not walls, just foundations), because you can build things to the sky unlimited, people doesnt need to trash and ruin all the map to play…

also im talking about an BIG LIMIT, you could still be making an hell of an castle, BUT ONE, NOT TWELVE LIKE PEOPLE DO EACH ONE

1 Like

Funny you should mention that. Does anyone know how many official servers there are for South American region compared to North American region? I have a hunch that the number of servers is much lower, but I can’t seem to find any official data.

I’ve seen servers like that in the North American region, but the nice thing is that it doesn’t take me too long to create a character and run around to see if it’s like that or not. If I don’t like it, there are many other servers to choose from.

You say you’ve seen other topics suggesting this, so you probably know by now that the answer from most players is “hell no”.

Personally, I’m totally against a hard cap, i.e. a maximum number of foundations that you can’t exceed. A sandbox game whose slogan is “Survive, Build, Dominate” is not a game that should have a hard cap on building.

Soft cap, on the other hand, would probably be a good idea, but that requires a significant development effort. Soft cap would involve some kind of upkeep mechanics and that’s a lot of work – and a lot of new bugs that would make the furor of the last few weeks on the forums look like a Teletubbies episode.

Bottom line: things are never as simple as we would like them to be. And also, that we should be careful what we wish for, I guess :wink:

No.

How do you make a game jerk free? You can’t. Putting in limitations to prevent selfish people only ruins the game for the people who do the right thing.

Limit number of bases per clan - no. Some clans build public map rooms or anti obelisk and dungeon blocking builds.

4 Likes

I’d say we need a limit but I don’t even care if people like to build a lot. The limit should be for people who spam foundations across massive areas throughout the map. The limit should be really high, like 5,000-10,000 or they will lose all their builders players. I’ve seen people on PS4 with just massive platforms made out of foundations and they put like 20 animal pens on these platforms when we can only have 50 thralls/pets anyway. Or really long tall walls made of foundations all over the place. That’s the kind of stuff that needs to go but I’d say if people want to build 5-10 castles let them, that’s half the game. We have like 20 different types of construction skins, it would be a shame to only be allowed to use 1 or 2 anyway.

You do realize that this will only make people build ugly sandstone roads to connect their bases, right? And since those roads can’t intersect, whoever built a road first gets to abuse that and everyone else is screwed.

2 Likes

Limiting the amount of building a player can do, in a game where building is a core component is not only a bad idea, it’s contradictory to the game itself. I also see in your opening post that you tell people to not tell you to play solo or co-op, but guess what? This sort of limitation you’re proposing would hurt those who play solo or co-op the most.

Lastly, what you are proposing is basically a case of pulling a Nintendo, punishing everyone because of the actions of a minority. For those who don’t understand why I refer to it as “Pulling a Nintendo”, I’ll provide two more recent examples of them punishing everyone because of a small group of people;

1. Removing the Nintendo 3DS’ messaging feature: Because of a small group sending some… unsavory images to children (you can hazard a guess to what I’m referring…) they decided to completely disable the feature, rather than directly punishing the individuals in question.
  2. Omitting an already planned and partially complete mode from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS: Individuals had leaked parts of the story mode for the games before their release, did Nintendo file DMCA claims on these people and take the leaks down? Yes, but they also went one step further and completely scrapped the story mode from the final release.

If anyone takes this sort of route, you’re more concerned about saving face than you are about keeping your consumers happy, which is why I’m glad Funcom hasn’t started to use Nintendo’s iron-fisted approach of punishing everyone due to the actions of a small portion of the user base.

1 Like

I suggest requiring sandstone to have more mats the only reason people spam its just to easy to make.

OR better yet ALL standstone pieces have a 7day timer no matter how much you lay down. That would give people plenty of time to upgrade bases and would eliminate wall spamming

There’s a reason it’s easy to make: that’s the only thing lowbies have access to. There’s no way to make them hard to make without making it impossible for lowbies to build a place to live in.

I don’t get it. Seven days is normally the maximum decay timer on official servers. Or did you mean to make it a decay timer that can’t be refreshed? Because, again, you’re taking away something lowbies have access to. And not everyone is a veteran Conan Exiles player like you and me, so 7 days isn’t plenty of time for them to upgrade.

So… SA have lower number of servers, “not my problem, so its solved” ??
“Hell No”

" Say no, just because the other people said no, then lets keep saying no " really?

Hell No again, for you

“Lets not do this because its heavy work”
Really ?

“Lets not do this because we are affraid of bugs”
Really?? like we are not used to bugs on this game,
but the staff always solve them, and all the work made up for the gains

Anything for solving this problem, the game is becoming ridiculous

the only problem of what u suggested is if you wanna do an Map /Wheel of Pain or an Small house in another place for doing anything,

this is why i suggested an limit for foundations

Then the problem is another , finding an good and stable server…

I disagree regarding the material quantity,
because for the sick-powergaming-players it doesnt matter,
and they are who do this kind of thing,

But i agree with you with accelerated decay for Tier 1 Buildings, that makes totally sense,

that also were going to make people increase their bases to higher Tiers on PVE servers, that incentivates the role playing game

it would be awesome if they ONLY do this hahahahaha

because the way it is… the servers are totally trashed around of T1’s

so your point of view is from who is on clean and beautiful servers, then you will never see the problem, because he doesnt exists for you,

but for hundreds of other people, it DOES

You talk like i suggested to limit hardly,
but as i can see there is no point on being specific with some people,
because i explained and suggested an big limit,

Well, then limit on official servers and NOT on coop, simple
some people talks like things are impossible -.-"

This supposed “minority” you mention trashed all the map,
on pvp and pve servers i play,

if you like to make metaphors lets do it then… the criminals of humanity society are an few %, but let them free to kill around??

Also, and most importantly:
This is not going to be an PUNISHMENT for who IS NOT ABUSING FROM BUILDINGS OVER THE MAP, and simple did one big Castle, living happy there…

…and even if the map were the double, they still were going to ruin it down

also about that other guy that simple suggested me to just “search for another server” hahah comic…

who plays on pvp knows that we have intense wars on this game,
you dont want to change your enemy , you wanna raid them

common people, im the one suggesting limitation of foundations here,
but you are all thinking with limitation of ideas !!!

Except I didn’t say that. I was wondering if there was a disparity between the number of servers, which would make the problem worse in the South American region.

Yes, really. If other people have said exactly the same thing as you did and the popular response to that was “no, we don’t want that” and it still hasn’t been implemented and you’re not adding anything new to the idea – then yeah, the answer is still no.

I’m not saying you can’t propose it. It’s a public forum and you’re free to do it. I’m just saying that if you keep asking the same question in the same way, you’ll get the same answer. :man_shrugging:

Did I say “let’s not do this”? You keep putting those words in my mouth. I’m discussing the pros and cons of the options, and so will anyone else who stumbles upon your topic on this forum, because that’s what forums are for.

Personally, I don’t care that adding a soft cap is a lot of work, because it would be a better solution than a hard cap.

As for the bugs, I very much do care about those. If they introduce a bug that randomly kills a thrall while it’s following you, a lot of people will be affected and grumpy. If they introduce a bug that randomly deletes a bunch of foundations and ends up demolishing your whole freaking base, that’s going to be much, much worse.

So no, I’m not saying “let’s not do anything that might introduce bugs”, but not all bugs are equally severe. There are players out there who have been on the same server for more than a year now, maintaining all their stuff. Think about what kind of reviews they’ll leave on the Steam if all their stuff went “poof” due to a bug.

I get the feeling that your point of view is “this guy dared criticize my idea, so I’ll keep putting words in his mouth”. That’s not exactly conducive to conversation :wink:

So… like i said, the problem, for hundreds, remains…

Exactly same thing but for other bad made proposals,

they proposed like 100 foundations, or other posts without nice arguments

Maybe you didnt said it, but didnt let clear what u wanted to say,

Wandering ideas of possible future bugs doesnt really create
considerable points against my proposal, its like an runaway from the subject, we cannot predict neither severe or light bugs, neither the staff does ,
so it cannot make us afraid of improving the game,
something that we should care only when it happens, even its severe

i responded to every point u mention with specific disagreements, if i was just an ignorant i was going to awnser you to all you said with just one or two words…

(also, i admit my awnsers were sarcastic for you, but them all with interrogations, to make you clear your points, not to put words on ur mouth)

I’ve been around for a while. That “100 foundation” proposal was just one. And it was really, really bad. There have been so many discussions about the building limit that I’ve honestly lost count of them. I could go digging for links to them, but so could you, so I won’t :wink:

Suffice it to say that the proposal for a hard cap has been brought up many times before, with much the same arguments as yours. And, as I pointed out, it has always been met with the same reaction.

So why not ask why I said it, instead of assuming that I was saying “don’t implement the soft cap”?

Look at their track record. I’m pretty sure that, after years of evidence, we can predict a simple trend, such as “every major Conan Exiles release has either new major bugs or regressions of old major bugs”.

We’ll just have to disagree here. I’m not afraid of the Conan Exiles team improving the game in general, but I am afraid of them trying to make a major change to a very fundamental game mechanic like that one.

Like I said, I wouldn’t use that argument against proposals for changes in weapons, armor, combat, AI or anything like that. But this? If they have a single bug that removes several foundations, which in turn removes the stability from the upper floors of my base, which in turn removes the stability from the chests I have with all my materials and thralls and whatnot – then I lose months of work. So of course I’m afraid of that change.

Again, I wasn’t calling you ignorant. Please, pretty please with sugar on top, stop assuming my intentions towards you.

By all means, if there’s anything you want me to clarify, just ask the concrete question and I’ll answer it to the best of my ability.

Believe me, I’m not completely against building limits. I am completely against a hard cap. And I am not so much against the soft cap with upkeep mechanics, as I am afraid of what it would do to my base. That doesn’t mean I don’t want them to implement something like it. It just means I wish they would do it properly, but I don’t have high hopes for that.

I ment a sandstone decay that doesn’t refresh. You place 1 standstone block that block is gone in 7 or 14days. Call it erosion from the wind lol.

I forget what its like to be a level 1 again. You have a valid point but everyone should have advanced to iron T2 by the 2nd week in the game. If they had implemented sandstone to have a decay naturally from day one we would not be even discussing this it would just be normal. It would just be a learning curve new/old players would have to adapt to.

1 Like

jajajaja

No one can deny that !!

Yes…man… the situation is just ridiculous, what im suggesting here, is that you can have a FOCKEN big castle and an big limit to even build many another small houses and benches, wheels of pain or anything small on other places,

but people comes saying NO and bad arguing desperates like they needed F…ING 20 CASTLES,

no one awnsered me this yet, and i already asked:

WHY DO YOU NEED 15 CASTLES??

i have a thousand hours on this game and im sure that WE DO NOT

Well, i asked, no crying please,

And thats not why we are going to giving up from this,
if this is not ur problem, i understand, but im repeating it for the third time that this is a problem for hundreds of players,

Also that fact the were so many tries of this, like u said, shows that its not only me that wants this, showing that its an real problem,
and proposals should keep coming more in quantity and in quality,
to the staff sees the problem

We are talking about limiting foundations or any other way to limit big bases, almost sure that will come one or another bug, like it came with many good updates too, and everyone got corrected, also the staff cannot and will not make mistakes that limiting foundations will drop down all ur base, nothing so severe,

i see ur fear for ur base because probably you are one of those dirting 1 whole square long, LoL, in this case, thats what people doing it DESERVES, if ur not, im sorry in advance, but u understood…

You said i dont want to be criticized, you call it whatever you want, i would call it an ignorant, not important for the topic, please stick to the matter

Good, then please, explain to me an example of what you define hard cap, i really didnt understood this part

and Just to be clear here, maybe its not limiting foundations the staff reachs an solution for this, maybe there are other solutions,
but what im suggesting is to SOLVE THE TRASHING MAP PROBLEM