This game, as great the potential and fun it is, the amount of glitchers and hackers and spammers is overwhelming.
Here are some points which I think are needed in order for Conan to be great again.
- Remove gods, add other means of destruction.
- Gods have been just a lazy solution for castle sieges. Gods are broken af and they destroy the game. Every server you go there are people who spam gods every day and destroy your hours and hours of work in mere seconds. Building a nice base is not an option. It all comes down to building an ugly ■■■ base on top of the mountain, looking like a box with a shield around it. Thats it. You want to build a castle that with its shape and strategic location besides top of volcano holds on against clan of god stackers? Good luck with that. Does not matter how many archers you put on the walls. With the current system the gods wont even break a sweat. And it really does not help that the gods can be dupped.
- What I would love to see would be more siege weapons. All we have is one trebuchet that nobody uses. There should be battering rams, balistas, catapults, scaling ladders, you got whole libraries full of history of siege weapons. Use it. Conan is perfect for it. And it would make building bases so much more fun if instead of stupid gods that can be spammed every day you had to worry about traditional siege instead. You can even add sticky bombs…you have resin in game, dont you? Make use of it. You know how fun would it be if you actually had to use brain and some effort to siege a base?
- If you wont remove gods, give us at least some means of protection besides bubble.
- Bubble is ugly, tedious to make and maintain. If you wont remove gods, you have to give us some other means of defense. Gods are magic, so add magic and thrall mages that would damage the gods. Add magical arrows that would be hard to make but would actually damage gods and archers would have meaning again. Add materials that would reinforce walls against gods. For example some enchantment that would mix with bricks and you would use it as an outter wall. Maybe 10 walls combined with fragment of power or whatnot.
- Thralls AI, control, movement.
- Thralls are currently dumb its unbeliavable. AI could use a lot of improvement. However there are some small things that would help with their stupidity greatly.
- Give us an option to set the thrall on passive - its very annoying if you farm together with your thrall and suddenly you see a named…blacksmith. You start hitting it with you thrall smacker and suddenly your brave companion one shots it into a oblivion…you either have to run away quickly so he teleports away or you have to “stop follow” him. Can we have a passive mode where he would only follow us please? Thanks.
Getting stuck - oh my god how many times this happened to all of us? You in your base with many thralls around you, you are in a corner, dumbass thrall that is following you appears behind you, you are stuck, you cant move him because there are thralls already placed around, you have to kill yourself. Can you PLEASE make thralls being movable by us? If you bump into him he moves? THANK YOU.
Thralls getting damaged by…magic ? - If you climb or if you ride the elevator it usually ends up with your thrall dying. Somehow he takes damage. No idea how, or how it works, he simply get f’d in the A.
Reaction time - thralls even in the pvp time have so slow reaction time its unbeliavable. I was standing in my base surrounded by my thralls, some dude came out of nowhere and started smaking me. Thralls were looking at me like “Should we help him? Naaaah he got this”. I was fighting him for at least 30 seconds before they reacted. Also, if your thrall is following you and you start a combat, he does not help, either him or you have to get damaged at first. Otherwise he will be standing there like a statue looking at you doing the work for him.
Patrols - Patrols would be a nice feature. Set points for thrall to move between. So far the thralls are stationary and it looks like a museum of wax figurines. This would make your home look a little bit more lively.
Vault, shrines, foundation spamming and glitching.
- This is by far the most important thing you have to figure out.
Every server you go there are foundations and shrines spammed everywhere. Its ugly, it takes away the atmosphere and you cant build anywhere. Its broken and it lags the server. And sometimes it even does not make a sense. Giant steel vault - 150 000 HP, small shrine aswell? Stone throne - 300 000 HP…wut? I think you should limit some of the buildings per person. One vault per person. Thats it. balance its HP or damage resistance. And as for the shrines…you know my opinion on gods so…yeah.
Also you can easily place foundations INSIDE mountains, ground, anywhere is its impossible to blow them up and everything on entire map is claimed. Every server. All the time. So maybe make it so the foundation has to be visible for at least 50%? You are the devs, im sure you have ways to make it happen.
That would be all from me from top of my head, however I asked some people on my server for ideas so there are some ideas.
recall device. Some sort of means of immediate transport. For example - a scroll that would allow you to cast a “spell” that would send you home from wherever you stand. The cost could be great, but It could be a last resort for example when you get stuck.
alarm device. A thrall or a device that would inform you when your base get attacked. For example - you make a horn that would have 100 meter radius, add thrall to it, if any player attacks you base within that radius, your get a message and those crossed swords on your map as a warning. Something similar to purge message.
regular admin check, set of tools for admin the check for undermesh bases, swift and decisive punishment for glitchers and hackers.
Mining materials based on tool quality - so far the amount of resources is determind by the quality of the weapon. But it does not make much sense. You have a rock, it weighs 150 kilograms, you should be able to mine it all of its mass. HOWEVER, how fast should be determined with the tool you have. For example with stone pick you would mine it for 20 seconds, with starmetal 3. Survival perk level 2 does not make sense at all.
Please, consider some of the things, namely the gods and siege weapons. THanks
PS.: Quick idea, CHAT IS ANNOYING - if you want to read something from few minutes before, you have to scroll up and anytime someone writes something it resets so you have to scroll again like a ***** … PLEASE