Maybe Next Time, Before You Berate Folks, a Pause Would Be Nice

To highlight you are missing the point would be redundant. Your question does not relate to anything in my post.

Make better life choices.

1 Like

That is inaccurate.

“We are right to be annoyed. We are right to be upset.”

I’m judging the poor decision to berate and insult, to claim persecution and intentional harm as character flaws.

1 Like

We will have to disagree.

This is a mischaracterization. Respectful interaction need not be quiet, it must merely be devoid of tantrums.

1 Like

Exactly.

Well said.

1 Like

I think the main problem is that they leave the community in the dark

If they would acknowledge the problems, I feel people would be content in knowing that the devs are addressing them

1 Like

To highlight you are missing the point would be redundant. Your question does not relate to anything in my post.

Make better life choices.

So with nothing better to come back with you try to get inflammatory? Well done there mister middle of the road. How ironic and predictable your response is.

Starting to think that this original post was just a troll post given your responses.

I made a post, You responded with things unrelated to my post.

I am failing to see your point.

Perhaps you might restate your point as it relates to my post.

Or not.

Your choice.

1 Like

From what I am seeing, they did acknowledge the issue and provided updates as to the progress and plan.

Once again, we have every right to be upset and annoyed. We have no right to belittle, insult, and disparage the folks doing their job to respond to the situation .

Our justified anger over the issue does not give us the right to be asshats.

What about server issues?
I can link a handful of threads regarding server 1588 being unplayable
I have never seen the issue be acknowledged
Its been having problems for years now and I have yet to see Funcom/Gportal acknowledge that anything is wrong on their end, or that they are investigating issues

What about them?

Are you right to be upset?

Yes.

Are you right to be annoyed and want action and resolution?

Yes.

This can all be accomplished without insults and accusations.

I do not understand how “Folks, complain with decency” has been interpreted as, “Don’t complain.”

Luckily, I do not have to understand.

Honestly, don´t understand what we are talking about here in this topic. I am getting the feeling that some people in this forum feel the constant urge of putting other people into place when problems with the game occurs and they start complaining.

Let me tell you this guys. This is no schoolroom here and you are nether teacher nor parents to the rest of the forum users. I am old enough to vote and certainly old enough to have an opion about something and if I wanna complain I will complain. I will not ask for permission or wait for your aproval. If someone steps over the line and gets personal or privat (or more) then he might face the law faster than he might think. Funcom after all is a big company. And big companies never have problems with sending lawyers. You do not need to play one for them.

1 Like

This post was an intentional troll post.

Yes. Last time the rolled back the servers due to issues, as well as damn near every hotfix which exist solely to fix mistakes that happened?

Don’t think they ever rolled back servers since it went live.

Congratulations?

You do as you please. I will do as I please.

See how easy that is?

1 Like

You are welcome to your opinion.

I find it amusing that my entire point was:

“We are right to expect quality and error resolution. We are right to be angry and upset and want a better process. But we don’t have to be insulting.”

And some folks feel personally attacked by the request not to be insulting.

You have a nice day.

1 Like

Emotion. That’s the factor you need to take into account if you want to understand them. Few of us are completely immune to that factor.

It is, however, something we can learn to control. Something I feel we indeed should learn to control. Breaking windows and setting fire to stores is not constructive feedback, it only escalates the situation, and more people end up getting hurt.

No, we’re not your teachers or your parents. We are your fellow gamers who care about the community. We want to help you find better, more constructive ways to get over these trying times, as well as ways to stop hurting your fellow players and the community.

I feel no need to step in and defend Funcom. They screwed up. However, I am part of this gamer community, so I feel it is my business to do whatever I can to guide it into not hurting itself in its angry thrashing. Basically, I’d like to stop the situation from escalating into where the company needs to let slip the lawyers of war.

We should all be grown-ups here. Maybe we should act more like that, too.

3 Likes

Well you attempts/posts at reconciliation have led to failure every screwed up patch.- or as you say trying times.

Just saying.

1 Like

I guess I’ll need to try harder, then.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.